Resolved CA - Los Angeles, WhtFem UP2993, 20-30, Short Blonde Hair @Mansfield Motel, Aug'68 - n/a

So it was another tip that led them to the family of this woman. Anyone here send in any possible matches?

bbm.

Why not link the post itself?
The Unidentified Project

(If you don't know how, just hit the timestamp under the group name to open the specific post alone in a new window, then copy the URL ;) )
No, it was just an issue on my end. I couldn’t get it to copy correctly. It just kept taking me to a Facebook login page like I wasn’t logged in to Facebook. I think it’s a security thing with my internet at work. (School district) a lot of things are blocked automatically.

After seeing this, I don't think it's Naso's woman in pink dress. Her nose is much finer.

Any updates?
I didnt know she had been identified till i just checked out doenet

What is the legal precedent for LE refusing to release the name of identified homicide victims?

They might not be refusing but rather working on homicide of now identified person. Identity often leads to person of interest. In quite a few cases there is delay when identification is done and name being released.

On some rare occasions they never release it. E.g Manorville, Long Island male victim found near where Jessica and Valerie's bodies were found. There is a law which protects murder victims and their families, especially in brutal murders and some states are actively using it. I have seen it happen in few cases in Florida. Can't recall the name of it though.

In this case, I do think they will release the name one day, maybe when asking for further public assistance or when they have all ducks in the row.

They might not be refusing but rather working on homicide of now identified person. Identity often leads to person of interest. In quite a few cases there is delay when identification is done and name being released.

On some rare occasions they never release it. E.g Manorville, Long Island male victim found near where Jessica and Valerie's bodies were found. There is a law which protects murder victims and their families, especially in brutal murders and some states are actively using it. I have seen it happen in few cases in Florida. Can't recall the name of it though.

In this case, I do think they will release the name one day, maybe when asking for further public assistance or when they have all ducks in the row.

What law states deceased homicide victim's identities are exempt from public disclosure? I can find no such law in NY state.

As far as I’m aware, when a murder victim is identified, LE makes a press conference and the name is released, in hopes of getting new information besides the ongoing investigation.

What law states deceased homicide victim's identities are exempt from public disclosure? I can find no such law in NY state.

Maybe Long Island case was not the best example as I am not sure what they based on their decision but in Florida's two cases I have seen news articles citing Marsy's Law - protecting murder victim and their families.

As far as I’m aware, when a murder victim is identified, LE makes a press conference and the name is released, in hopes of getting new information besides the ongoing investigation.
So how do we hold Law Enforcement accountable when they refuse to release the name?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back