Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing that up @Seattle1...I thought so! So the receipt had to belong to someone who was in the garage that day. No time or amount listed which would really be helpful. The Nanny buying lunch for kids might explain it although why would she leave the receipt in the garage? Maybe her car was pulled into the garage and LE searched her car too and found it there. I suppose at that point FD was not the only suspect. Well hopefully the mystery of the Subway receipt will be solved eventually. I’m holding out hope that LE took the receipt into evidence because it might help prove FD was in Jennifer’s garage that morning. But they have his DNA so it might not be a Perry Mason moment or anything. :D Just another piece of the puzzle to track FD’s movements on 5/24/19.
The actual location of the Subway receipt from JD's property was not listed on the SW. I only speculated that the receipt could have been located inside a vehicle when at first glance, I noticed Exhibit # 84 was Land Rover (Exhibit #81 Subway receipt). Pure speculation only. [See SW pg 453]

upload_2021-2-17_22-44-31-png.284781

Jennifer Dulos Search Warrants

Last edited:
Large, protective, and LOUD. So loud, the ruckus would bring the neighbors running.
Yes! A big German Shepard and security cameras would have been a good idea too. Although FD could ambush her somewhere else away from her home.

I want to preface this by saying I’m not trying to blame the victim in any way whatsoever, but I think any woman going through a contentious divorce with someone who has already shown his rage to you to the point you are so fearful of him you moved out without telling him in advance in order to protect yourself and your children AND applied for a protective order...there is a lesson to be learned here for other women going through this dangerous time and that is to please get a very good security system with cameras and panic buttons. Spend the money no matter how tight things are because the peace of mind is worth it and and make sure the cameras are always on. I have no doubt Jennifer could afford a high end security system but she was renting the WL house and she hadn’t been there very long. She knew he was an *advertiser censored**hole but I bet she never dreamed the father of their children would actually premeditate her murder and do it in broad daylight! I’m sure if Jennifer thought she was in imminent danger she would have asked the homeowner if she could install security cameras. Even if she wasn’t planning to live there very long, it would only add value to the home. I wonder if Jennifer had a gun? With small kids in the house probably not. But she could have taken a self defense class and kept one safely locked up in her bedroom somewhere. She just didn’t see it coming that morning and there was nothing she could have done to defend herself except what she did...fight like h***!! :( MOO

The actual location of the Subway receipt from JD's property was not listed on the SW. I only speculated that the receipt could have been located inside a vehicle when at first glance, I noticed Exhibit # 84 was Land Rover (Exhibit #81 Subway receipt). Pure speculation only. [See SW pg 453]

upload_2021-2-17_22-44-31-png.284781

Jennifer Dulos Search Warrants
Great observation & speculation. Jennifer drove the Suburban that morning to the school and back. I remember reading somewhere that the nanny said she was surprised that the Suburban was gone because Jennifer usually drove the Land Rover into the city because it was easier to park. I wonder if the nanny was allowed to drive the Land Rover or Suburban to pick up the kids from school? She might have a smaller compact car. Edited to add - meaning that maybe the nanny went to 69 WL before picking up the children to switch cars and she picked up the kids in the Land Rover and then got them Subway for lunch and left the receipt in the car. I’m sure ya’ll got what I was getting at but just in case. That could explain the Subway receipt if it was in the LR. ;)

Last edited:
Yes! A big German Shepard and security cameras would have been a good idea too. Although FD could ambush her somewhere else away from her home.

I want to preface this by saying I’m not trying to blame the victim in any way whatsoever, but I think any woman going through a contentious divorce with someone who has already shown his rage to you to the point you are so fearful of him you moved out without telling him in advance in order to protect yourself and your children AND applied for a protective order...there is a lesson to be learned here for other women going through this dangerous time and that is to please get a very good security system with cameras and panic buttons. Spend the money no matter how tight things are because the peace of mind is worth it and and make sure the cameras are always on. I have no doubt Jennifer could afford a high end security system but she was renting the WL house and she hadn’t been there very long. She knew he was an *advertiser censored**hole but I bet she never dreamed the father of their children would actually premeditate her murder and do it in broad daylight! I’m sure if Jennifer thought she was in imminent danger she would have asked the homeowner if she could install security cameras. Even if she wasn’t planning to live there very long, it would only add value to the home. I wonder if Jennifer had a gun? With small kids in the house probably not. But she could have taken a self defense class and kept one safely locked up in her bedroom somewhere. She just didn’t see it coming that morning and there was nothing she could have done to defend herself except what she did...fight like h***!! :( MOO
I think she DID know that she was in imminent physical danger from him, and that even the children were in danger. But because she knew him, she also knew that there was little she could do except say a prayer. I do wish she’d had a dog that was protective-I once had an abusive repairman in my house and my dog took him out of the house because he was yelling and swearing at me, so I can vouch for this. And some kind of surveillance system that would’ve caught him. With some of these abusers, all you can do is hide, and I wish she had been able to do it.

Last edited:
Then and there by virtue of and pursuant to the authority of the foregoing warrant, I searched the person, place or thing
named therein, to wit:

The Jennifer Dulos vehicle, a black Chevrolet Suburban, Connecticut registration AJ69099, which was located on
Lapham Rd. in close proximity to Waveny Park

and found thereon or therein, seized, and now hold in custody, the following property:

Ex#117 - one (1) iPhone model A1778 in red colored case
Jennifer Dulos Search Warrants (documentcloud.org)
Thank you @sds71 Yes, I believe this was one of the children's cell phones left behind.

I'm the person who thought I recalled reading the receipt was from the nanny, but I have searched throughout the thread and can't find an earlier mention of that. I've also searched the AW, some of the SW's, and news articles. Most repeat the AW "the nanny served the children lunch," but one story ("Murder in Fairfield County") written in AirMail.com and behind a paywall says "the nanny made lunch."

So, my recall might be wrong. I don't think we know for sure whose Subway receipt that was.

LE has never stated who made the subway purchase. We have speculated alot of theories, but the only thing we know for sure is that the receipt exists.

Moo

Many thanks to all who researched and responded to my musings over MTs car accident 5/17/19 etc.

I’ve been bothered by the coincidences of Tolland popping up! That accident- which I’m almost positive was near the Tolland exit,KM being apprehending in that area, KM living in Tolland at some point AND a Subway at the exit!!

I’ve been doing some digging through some other correspondence of mine, because I know I’ve seen that accident report!- but of course I have not unearthed it yet. So then I looked at the Subway and found it opens at 9, but it is 1 hr20 mins -give or take from New Canaan. This made me rule out that pick up stop since it appears LE has CCTV of JFD’s Suburban leaving the house at 10:25 AM.

next I looked at the multiple Subways ard JFD house and went back to the hypothesis that the nanny brought lunch or someone closer that Tolland brought something. While I was mulling this over I went back to my original question of have we seen this receipt, so duh, knowing most of this places print a location as store number or address, I decided to search an image.

below is an example. This completely ends the discussion for me. It clearly gives all the info needed to sort out whose receipt it was. Time, location, server... if the receipt belonged to FD, MT, or KM, they knew their goose was cooked by it.
It must have been the nanny’s. IMO.

I’ll go back to focusing on the accident and damage to the Suburban. I thought the comments about not being able to see if the Suburban -on the streets near JFD had similar damage -due to poor film quality -were interesting, especially because I thought the idea that there even had been another Suburban around, had been retracted.

Also want to emphasize the photo attached below IS NOT the one found at WL. It is an EXAMPLE.

Attachments

• DF3E38A2-A597-4670-A18D-DEB73F9A9FF7.jpeg
    DF3E38A2-A597-4670-A18D-DEB73F9A9FF7.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 31
Something that keeps bugging me is the Subway receipt dated 5/24/2019 (#81 on the search warrant table) retrieved from the garage at 69 WL. There is no time given if it was on the receipt. I thought Subway was just a lunch place but I see they do serve breakfast until 11 am. Jennifer was seen on her neighbor’s security camera at 8:05 am returning from dropping off the children at school. Do we know what time she left the house? I remember the morning school rush and we never would have had time to stop for breakfast on the way to school! Did she have time after dropping them off right before 8 am at school and returning home at 8:05 am to stop at Subway? Iirc there was a tea and uneaten muffin found on the kitchen counter. Could that have been from Subway and not something she made at home? Maybe she dropped the children off a little earlier and there is a Subway near the school on the way home. And she could have walked in through the garage and set the breakfast items on the counter, was startled by FD, tried to run back out to the garage through the mud room, dropped her purse...

It was most likely her receipt but it was found in the garage and not in her Suburban so I was just wondering if it could have been FD’s receipt and it fell out of his pocket in the struggle? Then there could be video of FD at Subway that morning. Do killers stop for breakfast? Probably not. (Maybe hungry and dumb ones?) Didn’t see any search warrant requests for video from Subway. I’m sure LE would have followed up on this clue if it was important. Thoughts?

The nearest Subway is a 30 minute round trip, not including time at the restaurant itself. I don't see her driving past the school, less than a minute from her house, to that Subway in early morning school traffic. In addition, that Subway is on the way to Manhattan so, If Jennifer were going to grab Subway for herself, she would have done it on the way to Manhattan, not before going back home that morning. I am inclined to say that the Nanny bought Subway for the children's lunch. Several options for Subway from the Nanny's home to New Canaan.

As for Fd, If He stopped for Subway breakfast, he road his bike from Waveny and I would think he would have left the receipt in EE's red Toyota truck. I guess it could have fell out of the truck when he got out and he did not notice it stuck to the bottom of his shoe when he unknowingly stepped on it. I would go with the thought that he was so pumped on his way to NC that he did Not stop for breakfast. The next question would be, is the Subway receipt left by EE in his own truck, from a previous day, and the receipt Did fall out and Fd did not notice and it stuck to the bottom of his shoe without his knowledge? Some contractors have very messy vehicles, so it is also possible that EE's receipt stuck to the bottom of Fd's shoe while still in EE's vehicle.

I am thinking Subway was the children's lunch that day. Well, just 4 of them though, since 1 went home with a friend, directly from school.

IMO.

I think she DID know that she was in imminent physical danger from him, and that even the children were in danger. But because she knew him, she also knew that there was little she could do except say a prayer. I do wish she’d had a dog that was protective-I once had an abusive repairman in my house and my dog took him out of the house because he was yelling and swearing at me, so I can vouch for this. And some kind of surveillance system that would’ve caught him. With some of these abusers, all you can do is hide, and I wish she had been able to do it.
Aren’t dogs awesome? I’m so glad your dog protected you from that creep! My daughter is in college and lives in an apartment with two roommates. They went in together to buy a new washer & dryer from Lowe’s but the delivery people didn’t set the washer up correctly and it wouldn’t work. They sent a lone repairman to their apartment and when he arrived the other two roommates were not home. This perv trapped my daughter in their little laundry room and sexually molested her. Not rape thank God because she remained very calm and sort of talked him down and he let her go. She called 911 and he was found and arrested. Turns out he had a history of robbery with a weapon too. So unfortunately you never really know the kind of people that are coming into your home. Most are nice and very professional but having a big dog in the house is a good deterrent for bad guys. Apparently background checks can only go back seven years. Anyway we are still dealing with this case through the court system. But my daughter got a German Shepard puppy that is an emotional support dog and hopefully will be a good attack dog if anyone messes with her and I’m all for it. We also wanted to get them a Simplisafe security system for their apartment but they fought us on that...wonder why college students don’t want a security system with cameras that Momma can access? Hmmm :rolleyes:

Aren’t dogs awesome? I’m so glad your dog protected you from that creep! My daughter is in college and lives in an apartment with two roommates. They went in together to buy a new washer & dryer from Lowe’s but the delivery people didn’t set the washer up correctly and it wouldn’t work. They sent a lone repairman to their apartment and when he arrived the other two roommates were not home. This perv trapped my daughter in their little laundry room and sexually molested her. Not rape thank God because she remained very calm and sort of talked him down and he let her go. She called 911 and he was found and arrested. Turns out he had a history of robbery with a weapon too. So unfortunately you never really know the kind of people that are coming into your home. Most are nice and very professional but having a big dog in the house is a good deterrent for bad guys. Apparently background checks can only go back seven years. Anyway we are still dealing with this case through the court system. But my daughter got a German Shepard puppy that is an emotional support dog and hopefully will be a good attack dog if anyone messes with her and I’m all for it. We also wanted to get them a Simplisafe security system for their apartment but they fought us on that...wonder why college students don’t want a security system with cameras that Momma can access? Hmmm :rolleyes:

My dog was part german shepherd, and also part boxer and chow. I didn’t train him to do it-but he and my other, much smaller dog flanked me, and moved on him slowly until he started backing up, through three rooms, until he was out the door. I have no doubt that my big dog, who had never bitten anyone in his life, would have torn this guy up. He knew it, too.

Hi Lilypad. Great post and insights. Small clarification in case helpful is that I do not believe the school would have called FD to pick up the kids in JD’s absence. If I remember correctly from something we read here (long ago) is that his access to school premises was controlled/limited because the school had been placed on some sort of official alert. IMO IIRC

I recall the school is who had Fd barred. Several issues with Fd on campus.

IMO and IIRC.

The nearest Subway is a 30 minute round trip, not including time at the restaurant itself. I don't see her driving past the school, less than a minute from her house, to that Subway in early morning school traffic. In addition, that Subway is on the way to Manhattan so, If Jennifer were going to grab Subway for herself, she would have done it on the way to Manhattan, not before going back home that morning. I am inclined to say that the Nanny bought Subway for the children's lunch. Several options for Subway from the Nanny's home to New Canaan.

As for Fd, If He stopped for Subway breakfast, he road his bike from Waveny and I would think he would have left the receipt in EE's red Toyota truck. I guess it could have fell out of the truck when he got out and he did not notice it stuck to the bottom of his shoe when he unknowingly stepped on it. I would go with the thought that he was so pumped on his way to NC that he did Not stop for breakfast. The next question would be, is the Subway receipt left by EE in his own truck, from a previous day, and the receipt Did fall out and Fd did not notice and it stuck to the bottom of his shoe without his knowledge? Some contractors have very messy vehicles, so it is also possible that EE's receipt stuck to the bottom of Fd's shoe while still in EE's vehicle.

I am thinking Subway was the children's lunch that day. Well, just 4 of them though, since 1 went home with a friend, directly from school.

IMO.
Sorry to seemingly beat a dead horse over this Subway receipt but I now agree that it was most likely from the nanny. It was dated 5/24/19 so that’s why it jumped out at me. But after talking it over with all of you lovely intelligent people, I think we might have solved the mystery. Maybe in time we will find out for sure? Hope so but for now I’m going to give you all a break and drop it. You’re welcome. :p

My dog was part german shepherd, and also part boxer and chow. I didn’t train him to do it-but he and my other, much smaller dog flanked me, and moved on him slowly until he started backing up, through three rooms, until he was out the door. I have no doubt that my big dog, who had never bitten anyone in his life, would have torn this guy up. He knew it, too.
I love it! It’s just their instinct to protect their person. And what a perfect mix for a guard dog! I know you must have been scared but I bet you had a really good laugh later remembering big tough guy backing out of the house with a terrified look on his face. Lol :D C-ya!!!

To be clear, the receipt is from Subway Restaurant (not mass transit)...
It's possible the nanny may have driven the 2014 Land Rover to collect the Subway meals.

From SW dated 5/27/2019 -- pg 453/467:

View attachment 284781

Then she would have driven the Land Rover to Manhattan instead of her own vehicle.

The nearest Subway to 69 Welles Lane is out of her way and on the way toward Manhattan.

The nanny would have purchased the Subway on her way To New Canaan, when she was in her own vehicle.

IMO.

I love it! It’s just their instinct to protect their person. And what a perfect mix for a guard dog! I know you must have been scared but I bet you had a really good laugh later remembering big tough guy backing out of the house with a terrified look on his face. Lol :D C-ya!!!

I never had a nervous moment with that dog around-and I miss him so much. I wish Jennifer had such a protective friend

Last edited:
Many thanks to all who researched and responded to my musings over MTs car accident 5/17/19 etc.

I’ve been bothered by the coincidences of Tolland popping up! That accident- which I’m almost positive was near the Tolland exit,KM being apprehending in that area, KM living in Tolland at some point AND a Subway at the exit!!

I’ve been doing some digging through some other correspondence of mine, because I know I’ve seen that accident report!- but of course I have not unearthed it yet. So then I looked at the Subway and found it opens at 9, but it is 1 hr20 mins -give or take from New Canaan. This made me rule out that pick up stop since it appears LE has CCTV of JFD’s Suburban leaving the house at 10:25 AM.

next I looked at the multiple Subways ard JFD house and went back to the hypothesis that the nanny brought lunch or someone closer that Tolland brought something. While I was mulling this over I went back to my original question of have we seen this receipt, so duh, knowing most of this places print a location as store number or address, I decided to search an image.

below is an example. This completely ends the discussion for me. It clearly gives all the info needed to sort out whose receipt it was. Time, location, server... if the receipt belonged to FD, MT, or KM, they knew their goose was cooked by it.
It must have been the nanny’s. IMO.

I’ll go back to focusing on the accident and damage to the Suburban. I thought the comments about not being able to see if the Suburban -on the streets near JFD had similar damage -due to poor film quality -were interesting, especially because I thought the idea that there even had been another Suburban around, had been retracted.

Also want to emphasize the photo attached below IS NOT the one found at WL. It is an EXAMPLE.
Excellent sleuthing! LE kept the Subway receipt for a reason and it told them everything they needed to know. Case closed on Subway! But woah the bolded is quite the set of coinky dinks. o_O

Then she would have driven the Land Rover to Manhattan instead of her own vehicle.

The nearest Subway to 69 Welles Lane is out of her way and on the way toward Manhattan.

The nanny would have purchased the Subway on her way To New Canaan, when she was in her own vehicle.

IMO.
Someday the actual receipt will be published, and questions answered... Many details printed on those receipts.

I never had a nervous moment with that dog around-and I miss him so much. I wish Jennifer had such a protective friend
@Jmoose. I do too and I’m so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you two had a special bond. I understand that feeling very well. My choc lab Bear has been gone two years yesterday and I still miss him every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288