TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

FB Warrant Probable Cause Affidavit

Another video recently released online shows what police call a “vehicle of interest,” although investigators will not confirm if they have identified its driver or explained its unusual appearance near the church. It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much of the time with its lights off. The church is on the opposite side of the divided highway, less than a half mile away.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/1...terest-emerge/

Last edited by a moderator:
READ THE OPENING POST AND THIS ONE AND THANK BOTH IF YOU INTEND TO POST. Pay particular attention to Tricia's warning about bickering and how to post in regards to your suspect(s). Outright accusations will not be tolerated.

Referring to people or groups of people by nicknames or alternate names needs to cease. You may use initials. Keep in mind that some of you are discussing a family that has lost a member to murder. It is one thing to find someone's demeanor off or point out perceived inconsistencies in their statements. It is quite another to bash them when they have been accused of nothing by Law Enforcement. I urge everyone to find that line and stay on the right side of it.

Going on 5 years since fitness trainer, Missy Bevers was murdered by a person wearing swat gear. Her killer has yet to be found.

Tricia is wanting the Missy Bevers discussion reopened with a view to going back to the very beginning with fresh eyes.

Please continue discussion here. Remember that rumors are absolutely not allowed, and in all other respects keep your posts in line with TOS.

This has to be one of the most bizarre cases I've ever seen. LE has video, but can't ID the person due to the disguise. There is not even an agreement on here if the killer is a man or woman. I tend to believe this person was in the church for another reason - perhaps as simple as vandalism - and Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Although many speculate that Missy was targeted I doubt it. BUT I can't rule it out.

I very much welcome a fresh discussion on this case. Way back then, we discussed so many facets of this case.

On the topic of the suspect, several WS members over the years conducted analysis, such as looking at heights of doors and using that data to try and extrapolate the height of the suspect.

Not a lot of details were released by LE (rightfully so), which makes some aspects difficult. For example, we still don’t have confirmation of COD. And did the suspect bring the murder weapon(s) or use what was on scene?

I think it was so unusual at the time to have video of the suspect but not be able to ID them. Since then we had the Delphi murders and the Elizabeth Barraza murder that also have video of the suspects in both of those cases and still no ID. It defies any of my personal logic that this can’t be solved, along with the other 2.

I think it was so unusual at the time to have video of the suspect but not be able to ID them. Since then we had the Delphi murders and the Elizabeth Barraza murder that also have video of the suspects in both of those cases and still no ID. It defies any of my personal logic that this can’t be solved, along with the other 2.
Especially with all that video of the car!! No license plate at all ???

Great to see thread open again.

Have come to the thoughts that these are the options :-
- a random intruder is possible. IF the church was robbed/ had stuff missing.
- a lovers spouse as there is evidence of her mucking around with someone.
- a stalker?
- scorned or unhappy husband.

These days I am leaning toward the random intruder because a vindictive killing had to have built up and left crumbs to find.

But a random intruder is likely a serial offender and likely has left laying around crumbs of his own.

Another case of LE hiding behind we can't risk the investigation by releasing information. :confused:

moo

Video: Texas Murder Victim's Family Speaks Out
Transcript for Texas Murder Victim's Family Speaks Out
We'll begin with new details in that chilling murder of a fitness instructor at a Texas church. The suspect seen on that surveillance tape dressed in swath gear and the victim's family is now speaking out. ABC's Ryan smith has the latest. Good morning, Ryan. Reporter: Good morning, George. You know, you talk about Missy Bevers, the mother of three, killed but at the same time her family now coming forward speaking out asking those who know the killer to please come forward and turn that person in. Was this masked murderer caught on camera ominously dressed in tactical gear targeting fitness instructor Missy Bevers? This morning as the manhunt intensifies her family says they believe it just wasn't a tragic case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Bevers' mother-in-law, Marsha tucker says she believes the killer may have tracked the fitness instructor's movement on social media. The person probably knew by looking at her Facebook just seeing what time, that's how she showed her other boot campers, you know, what time the classes started, whoever knew she gets there early, they got there earlier. Reporter: The 45-year-old was last seen entering this church at 4:20 A.M. On April 18th. Setting up for a boot camp class. The suspected killer caught on surveillance video at 3:50 A.M. Dressed head to toe in police S.W.A.T. Gear. Students for her 5:00 A.M. Class discovering her murder. I can't tell whether the person is a man or woman. The police estimate the person is six foot tall but if you look at the mannerisms, how they walk, there's something distinctive there. Somebody has to be able to point this out. Reporter: But more than a week later, police aren't releasing any new leads or motives. The beloved wife and mother laid to rest on Saturday. Her family pleads for the killer to come forward. Tucker writing him or her an open letter on Facebook. You know who you are. Your husband, wife and family members know who you are. They know by your special walk. Give some honor back to your family. God will forgive you and we will forgive you. Now, Marsha says that Missy's daughters are doing better than expected. But that they're asking her how long they will be sad. She hasn't heard from police but she says she trusts them to do their job. As for the killer she says the anger is still there but that the family will, quote, forgive them in time. Got to be hard, though. Okay, Ryan, thanks very much. Thank you.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

Someone has to get the Swat gear killer, before Covid-19 gets him by mistake! :(

PS: Maybe, it would make sense to compare the videos in different cases .....

Video: Texas Murder Victim's Family Speaks Out
Transcript for Texas Murder Victim's Family Speaks Out
We'll begin with new details in that chilling murder of a fitness instructor at a Texas church. The suspect seen on that surveillance tape dressed in swath gear and the victim's family is now speaking out. ABC's Ryan smith has the latest. Good morning, Ryan. Reporter: Good morning, George. You know, you talk about Missy Bevers, the mother of three, killed but at the same time her family now coming forward speaking out asking those who know the killer to please come forward and turn that person in. Was this masked murderer caught on camera ominously dressed in tactical gear targeting fitness instructor Missy Bevers? This morning as the manhunt intensifies her family says they believe it just wasn't a tragic case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Bevers' mother-in-law, Marsha tucker says she believes the killer may have tracked the fitness instructor's movement on social media. The person probably knew by looking at her Facebook just seeing what time, that's how she showed her other boot campers, you know, what time the classes started, whoever knew she gets there early, they got there earlier. Reporter: The 45-year-old was last seen entering this church at 4:20 A.M. On April 18th. Setting up for a boot camp class. The suspected killer caught on surveillance video at 3:50 A.M. Dressed head to toe in police S.W.A.T. Gear. Students for her 5:00 A.M. Class discovering her murder. I can't tell whether the person is a man or woman. The police estimate the person is six foot tall but if you look at the mannerisms, how they walk, there's something distinctive there. Somebody has to be able to point this out. Reporter: But more than a week later, police aren't releasing any new leads or motives. The beloved wife and mother laid to rest on Saturday. Her family pleads for the killer to come forward. Tucker writing him or her an open letter on Facebook. You know who you are. Your husband, wife and family members know who you are. They know by your special walk. Give some honor back to your family. God will forgive you and we will forgive you. Now, Marsha says that Missy's daughters are doing better than expected. But that they're asking her how long they will be sad. She hasn't heard from police but she says she trusts them to do their job. As for the killer she says the anger is still there but that the family will, quote, forgive them in time. Got to be hard, though. Okay, Ryan, thanks very much. Thank you.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

It's a little bit fresh I woulda thought to be telling the killer you will be able to forgive them.....
and telling the media the girls are coping better than expected.
I guess stress makes one say things that with a bit of hindsight probably shouldn't have.o_O

This is going to be hard to bite ones tongue .....but .....we shall :cool:

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members