Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

It was Erika's friend Rebecca who told Access (see @tarabull Post#367) that they couldn't find any evidence of "James and Christian" in Erika's phone to give LE.

"James and Christian" also came up in Gray Hughes' YouTube (see @swedeheart Post #380), at about 1:42 he talks about Erika's timeline.

6/11-6/13 Erika went to Jumbo Rocks campground

6/13 Erika talked to friends, returned home, told her roommate she should come back to Joshua Tree with her, "James and Christian are holding my campsite"

6/14 Erika drops her son off at 4:00 am (no additional info given)

6/15 Erika arrives back at the park, "James and Christian" aren't there. According to a notation in her journal found at her campsite by Rangers 6/24.

So...Erika's roommate knew about James and Christian - is there a MSM source besides Gray Hughes? I thought there was.

At any rate, it was in the news here in CA that she knew two people named James and Christian. It's a pretty widespread story if not true, and I have to wonder how it got legs (and so strange that one of the dead men is named James...)

Her brother has stated on the Bring Erika Home page that the remains found last month near to Danby Road and Amboy Road, belong to her. Trying to get link.

Human remains found in Wonder Valley field

Can't find the brother's post, though saw it, but confirmed here (FB site, but says 'news & media', so hope okay to post):

Attempt to Locate

Last edited:
The family of a Walnut Creek woman who went missing 8 months ago announced that her remains were found in the High Desert and have been positively identified.

Erika Lloyd, 38, was last seen leaving her home in the Walnut Creek area on June 14. Lloyd was heading to Joshua Tree National Park to camp. Her family lost contact with her on June 16.

After months of searching for answers, Lloyd's brother, Colin, announced on social media that her remains were discovered by hikers on January 31 near Danby Road and Amboy Road in Wonder Valley, not far from Joshua Tree National Park and a few miles away from where her vehicle was found.

Family: Missing Bay Area woman's remains found by hikers in High Desert - KESQ

Sad to hear this news. It was somewhat inevitable, I believe, as it was unlikely she had decided to run away on her on. I suppose there's some positives in having an ending to this mystery, even though it's not the one hoped for. Another mystery exists now as to COD.

RIP Erika.

Interesting comment on the Facebook link up thread.

I am so sad to hear this news. Although my mind already suspected as much, my heart held out hope. My condolences. Her brothers statement was warming.

@Dnp2be do you mind linking the FB page? I don't see one except the one on the first page of the thread, and it's a dead link. I searched just a few weeks ago for a FB group for Erika, as well as a FB page of hers personally, but never did find either. Thank you. (I very well could be blind, but I just don't see it.) :)

If I remember correctly, in one of the new articles it mentioned that someone called her phone. A man answered and told the caller he'd found the phone on Cottonwood.

Can you provide link, otherwise we have no way of knowing.

Maybe this you were thinking of? If so, the phone seems to relate to someone else.

"Investigators said they found a cell phone nearby and believe it's Escalante's."

Missing woman Erika Lloyd's case leads detectives to search for another missing person - KESQ

The family of Erika Lloyd has set up a memorial near the area where her remains were found in the High Desert.

The Sheriff's Department confirmed on Friday that investigators had located and retrieved partial skeletal remains. A Forensic Odontologist was able to positively identify Lloyd based on her dental records.

Authorities said the cause and the manner of Lloyd's death remains undetermined.

Memorial set-up near area where remains of missing woman were found

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back