Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally expected Letecia to strike with some crazy stuff since everything had been so quiet but this is next level.

Not unexpected in the least but she is incredibly stupid. Her narcissism is her downfall. She still thinks she’s smarter than everyone else. Lol

Well, bring it on. I feel terrible for Landen and Gannon’s family being forced to sit through the Leticia Show.

Good thing she has had two mental health assessments and they both proved she is competent.

from the court site - just the next hearing update:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
2/24/21-Escape
3:00 PM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Hearing D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

2/24/21-Murder
3:00 PM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Hearing D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Letecia Stauch asks for new representation before preliminary hearing | FOX21 News Colorado

Feb. 19, 2021
COLORADO SPRINGS — The woman accused of killing her stepson, 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, last year at their Lorson Ranch home, now asking for new representation.

Letecia Stauch was in court Friday via video conference for a closed-door conflict hearing. When Stauch requested new attorneys the 4th Judicial District Chief Judge Will Bain closed the courtroom to everyone except the defendant and her lawyers. She will next head to an Arguello advisement which is typically used when a defendant plans on representing themselves.
[.....]
Allen said that it would be speculation if Stauch will represent herself. Allen added that the change in council won’t change how they will prosecute the case.

“Absolutely not,” Allen answered. “It’s still a very serious case. We still have to make sure that we satisfy all the requirements of prosecuting a big case like this and we will continue to do that.”

Allen added that an Arguello advisement can throw off the timeline of a case, but didn’t say if it will affect this case.
[.....]
Stauch’s next advisement is February 24 at 3 p.m. Allen said the Arguello advisement should be open to the public. Her preliminary hearing is set for March 11, 12, and 15. The judge will also decide at the conclusion of the March hearing if Stauch will be eligible for bail.

I see that a 3/15 preliminary hearing has been added per article - I just tried the court site to confirm that date - but it is now bringing up "no docket on file" - I believe it is going thru maintenance - I'll check it out later.

She is disgusting. This has as much to do with continuing to torture Al as it does with thinking she can outsmart the world. MOO.

I genuinely believe that she thinks she is clever enough to talk her way out of it!. She wants to sack her lawyers because they are probably advising her to stop spinning her lies to anyone who will listen and that she is jeopardising her defence (there is none but she is too stupid and arrogant to see that). She is a narcissist who believes she can outsmart everyone, even while her backside is locked up in jail she can't see that the world and his wife see through her. She thinks she is so clever she genuinely has no clue how stupid she is. Luckily the rest of us in the real world know better!.

Last edited:
I genuinely believe that she thinks she is clever enough to talk her way out of it!. She wants to sack her lawyers because they are probably advising her to stop spinning her lies to anyone who will listen and that she is jeopardising her defence (there is none but she is to stupid and arrogant to see that). She is a narcissist who believes she can outsmart everyone, even while her backside is locked up in jail she can't see that the world and his wife see through her. She thinks she is so clever she genuinely has no clue how stupid she is. Luckily the rest of us in the real world know better!.
Exactly!

The conflict hearing was conducted virtually, and Stauch appeared from a cell at the El Paso County Jail, wearing an orange jumpsuit and face mask. Gannon's father, Al Stauch, was also on the call.

The public was only present for the first few minutes of this hearing, before it went into a private session for around 30 minutes. Prosecutors were also not on the call during the conflict hearing. It was a discussion between the defendant, defense attorneys, and the court.

Then, when it was opened back up to the public, Judge William Bain said he was asked to address whether or not there is a conflict in this case. He said he will not make that decision, and will send the matter back to Judge Gregory Werner, who typically presides over the Stauch case.

Judge Bain said it will be up to Judge Werner's team to schedule another advisement. It has now been set for February 24, at 3 p.m. That will be an Arguello advisement, which local attorney Stephen Longo helped explain.

Longo said an Arguello advisement stems from a 6th Amendment case, regarding the waiver of counsel. An Arguello advisement is to ensure a defendant's waiver of counsel (whether permanent or temporary) is done knowingly, intelligently, and voluntarily. Mainly, Longo said they are used as a safeguard against an appeal if a defendant proceeds without counsel. It is not a competency issue.

Lead Prosecutor and District Attorney for the 4th Judicial District, Michael Allen, spoke with News5 following the conflict hearing. Since prosecutors were not present for the closed-door process of the conflict hearing, he could not comment on anything discussed during that time.

However, Allen did tell us what to expect in an Arguello advisement. While fairly rare, he said they happen often enough that his team knows how to handle it. The judge will ask specific questions of a defendant to make sure they understand what they are getting themselves into, by deciding to waive their right to counsel. "Any case, it's tough to represent yourself, especially a big case like this with lots of discovery. So, you'll hear questions from the judge, in all likelihood, along those same lines, as to making sure that the defendant knows what she's doing and is prepared to take that task on herself," said Allen during a Zoom call.

When Allen heard Judge Bain say the next court setting would be an Arguello advisement, it sounded to him like Stauch "is intending to represent herself. But I haven't heard that specifically from her, and she didn't say that in the courtroom, obviously when we were all present. It's just based off of the court making that representation that he would set it back to Judge Werner for an Arguello advisement, which is typically what that would be for," said Allen.

He also added it would be foolish to speculate on if this Arguello advisement means Stauch has fired her current defense team. A defendant can go through an Arguello advisement, and decide to retain counsel. "And that's why I say it's a little reckless to just speculate that there's some sort of a split, and it's absolutely going to be new defense counsel or something like that. We don't know that yet, and we shouldn't go down that speculation road too much," said Allen.
https://www.koaa.com/news/gannon-st...r-letecia-stauch-big-topic-at-next-advisement

Last edited:
LS being her own defense in court. Predicable with this one.

A husband that ignores you, doesn’t want to have sex with you & “uses” you as a live in babysitter is not a defense that drove you to murder a child. I could see her starting there with her jibber jabber.

IMO

I genuinely believe that she thinks she is clever enough to talk her way out of it!. She wants to sack her lawyers because they are probably advising her to stop spinning her lies to anyone who will listen and that she is jeopardising her defence (there is none but she is too stupid and arrogant to see that). She is a narcissist who believes she can outsmart everyone, even while her backside is locked up in jail she can't see that the world and his wife see through her. She thinks she is so clever she genuinely has no clue how stupid she is. Luckily the rest of us in the real world know better!.
Let’s take a look at the only two women that I could quickly find that represented themselves in a murder trial. I’d really like to find more. Anyone know if there are? I found plenty of foolish men. Only two stupid women. (1st one might not even count)
Moss murder trial, Day One: Defendant/lawyer silent as DA attacks

Georgia Lawyers Seek to Intervene After Brain-Damaged Defendant Permitted to Represent Herself in Death-Penalty Trial | Death Penalty Information Center

Toledo woman convicted of murder after representing herself in court

I fully agree that she believes that she can get herself a not guilty verdict, but I also think she takes a certain amount of pleasure in fantasizing about calling Al as a witness.

LS is going to have a helluva tough time finding attorneys willing to present as “evidence” the wild tales she told investigators from the time GS went missing to the time she was arrested! Defense attorneys are officers of the court, they can’t “knowingly” make completely “false” accusations in court defending this woman can they? Been lurking every few days waiting for something to break. Thx to all who have been keeping this thread alive! MOO

Oh wow. That's wild. You expect something like this from her but to see her actually follow through with it is something else. She must think this is like a movie or TV show she's watched. I can only imagine the kind of kooky stories she's been cooking up for the past year, especially after reading that letter to the judge she wrote. Was it on this thread or a YouTube thread I was reading where people recognized she was quoting a Johnny Cash lyric? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa