UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
At about 1 pm yet her phone was switched off at 12.10 pm
Obviously the story of a bag plus contents being seen at the uni. Grounds must have come from a very unreliable witness if true that is so the time has to be taken with a pinch of salt too.
Did this person decide to turn the phone off and decided to keep it ?

At about 1 pm yet her phone was switched off at 12.10 pm
Obviously the story of a bag plus contents being seen at the uni. Grounds must have come from a very unreliable witness if true that is so the time has to be taken with a pinch of salt too.
Did this person decide to turn the phone off and decided to keep it ?
I think that 1 pm time came from the NH staff... and it’s when they were told about it ... second hand information.

Has a certain person ever clarified why they chose to use the phrase “ dead before she hit the ground “
When talking about their best friend CL.

has this ever been followed up?

True but given the signal of the phone took in some 7-9 miles radius of the mble phone mast at the Uni that means that any one of the hundreds if not thousands of people within that area could possibly be responsible for turning the phone off.

Ultimately it brings us back to the last known sighting of Claudia on the afternoon of Weds 18th
To move on with anything constructively you have to know what her movements were from there.

yes and no. Yes if you want to prove a case - though that’s in the hands of the police - always will be. No as Sleuths we can use probability as a tool. And I would start on Friday 13th race day and see what you can come up with from there.

Not much room for manoeuvre if the killer lives nearby then
Depends on what they did with the evidence - the river is close by - you could leave your phone at home and drive to a suitable location - if it’s rural it’s unlikely to be covered by cctv. May be somewhere you walk the dog. I think if it’s happened in an explosive way the perp may have considered killing before and what they would do with the evidence.

Reading between the lines of what the police have released, am I correct in thinking that they believe that.....

CL was murdered by someone known to her (they / we know whom they suspect)

the murder was covered up / aided and abetted by friends/family of the purp

said ppl were arrested/ interviewed after investigation into their mobile phone records / chatter on the day they suspect she was murdered.

they haven’t ruled out she was murdered within her own property- only that her death didn’t involve the loss of blood.

Am I close?
I feel they favour a morning event as in via her journey to work. Which makes sense, though it leaves loose ends - why did her phone remain in Heworth during the morning, what was the activity about around her house at 510am on the 19th- 5.42 silver focus time, then later at 6.50ish . If you killed her in a car on the way to work - why return to her property? What was in there and why stumble in front of cameras.

Depends on what they did with the evidence - the river is close by - you could leave your phone at home and drive to a suitable location - if it’s rural it’s unlikely to be covered by cctv. May be somewhere you walk the dog. I think if it’s happened in an explosive way the perp may have considered killing before and what they would do with the evidence.
How close is the river ? And did the police dogs started picking up her scent from her home or were they taken to a different start point ?

Surely family and friends would know the 'ins and outs' of which doors Claudia normally used.

My own personal preference: I do not think I'd be keen on using the back alley at night or early in the morning
Claudias bike was in the kitchen, I presume it would be easier through the back door rather then the front.

This might be a useless share, but I found interesting. The end unit...located where the cctv caught the mysterious movements of an individual both in the evening and following morning...is currently up for sale. If you look at the interior shots of the living room, it appears that the front door is blocked off - and that a tenant would opt to only use the back entrance for entry. Perhaps several neighbors opted to use the back entries as well. Doesn't help identify the individual or explain their activity though.2 bed semi-detached house for sale in Heworth Road, York YO31 - Zoopla
Rear entries can be useful if you want to avoid someone.

Has a certain person ever clarified why they chose to use the phrase “ dead before she hit the ground “
When talking about their best friend CL.

has this ever been followed up?
By many on WS! I believe this phrase was used in the C5 documentary aired in Dec 2019. There was discussion on WS but then the pandemic struck so sadly there was little exposure of Claudia's case in 2020. Let's hope PL's death will generate renewed momentum by people who can make a difference. There are some excellent journalists out there with good knowledge of the case and the complex web of characters and relationships in the case.

I’m guessing the “killer” wasn’t a serial killer or psychopath so wouldn’t be interested in trophies,

therefore is it safe to surmise the body and belongings would have been disposed of at the same time and in the same place -

was the phone turned off to save any possibility of the body been located -

if so the body wasn’t disposed of immediately after death, which gives credence to the supposition that it may have been disposed of later that day, possibly on someone’s way home?

Claudia's car was parked behind her house before it went to the garage for repairs. That could be a good reason to use the back door instead of the front.

Claudias bike was in the kitchen, I presume it would be easier through the back door rather then the front.
Keeping her bicycle at the rear of the property would be normal - it’s a bit tight at get front door - that’s where she keeps her slippers

I’m guessing the “killer” wasn’t a serial killer or psychopath so wouldn’t be interested in trophies,

therefore is it safe to surmise the body and belongings would have been disposed of at the same time and in the same place -

was the phone turned off to save any possibility of the body been located -

if so the body wasn’t disposed of immediately after death, which gives credence to the supposition that it may have been disposed of later that day, possibly on someone’s way home?
Or did they go home to Acomb and then travel north to a rural location for disposal realising her phone was in a footwell or still turned on. I think the reason it wasn’t smashed and calmly turned off is it could be used to send the cops on a goose chase to far away lands if need be

How close is the river ? And did the police dogs started picking up her scent from her home or were they taken to a different start point ?

The river isn't too far away, but it is the River Foss as it runs through Layerthorpe, and its really not that deep at all in that area, so putting a body in there would just be daft. There is Tang Hall beck nearby, but again it isn't deep and I am sure I read an article that said police were searching there.

There are allotments not too far away. I'm not sure if remember reading if they were searched or if any of the POI had any sort of connection to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288