Resolved NY - New York, HispMale, fatally assaulted, poss David Hernandez and/or from Mexico, Oct'20 - N/A

Grungster

Reaction score
Found this on NamUs and it's really sad.

This man was found on a sidewalk in New York City on October 5, 2019. He had been sleeping there and someone attacked him. He was rushed to the hospital and while he survived the initial attack, was in critical condition. He unfortunately died on June 26, 2020, but it appears his body was found ?3 days later?.

Randy Santo attacked him, he killed numerous homeless men that morning as well, Randy himself was homeless. David was apparently 49 or 55.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) GRAPHIC PM WARNING
Officials release IDs of 3 of the Chinatown homeless victims

The article says that one of the other men killed during the attack hadn't been identified- Has he been identified since?

This is absolutely terrible, and I really hope he can get his name back soon. I have a gut feeling that his name actually is David Hernandez, but he probably didn't have any family in the country so nobody could identify him.

If the unidentified man mentioned in the article is still unidentified, he's not in NamUs.

I haven't been able to find anything on Randy Santos since the end of October 2019. He plead not guilty, looks like an insanity defense.

By that I mean the family should know that he's gone and get closure.

On another note, I really hope David didn't feel anything, he was asleep. This is so heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back