Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #129

Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked me about collecting evidence at a crime scene, and I am telling you what they do. I don't know what this crime scene has, because they haven't released it. You gather what is there, because you can't go back in time if something was important and get it later, it may be gone or destroyed. I can only the you what we do.

I highly appreciate you sharing your insights with those of us who are not as knowledgable about crime investigations. Thank you so much for doing this.

I was just making a comment. I don't think he has a mask on, it was just a comment, like "anything is possible" out of frustration that this guy is not caught. Sorry if you think it was more.

yeah, I got that and it’s a good guess. I wonder if he had a fake goatee on. Or just had one that week. Or maybe wore one prior to crime then never again. YG stretch shows no goatee and BG clearly has one. I can’t get around that. At PC 2 in 2017 they seemed to be so certain YG sketch is the one and only want us focusing on him for some reason. So weird. Are they saying they think YG sketch and BG are the same person? Or I wonder if they now suspect 2 people.

Do you guys think it’s possible that the fbi somehow altered the video before releasing it? Like the face of the perp? I just started following this case so I don’t know when they first released that video, but I’d guess it was pretty soon after crime. Not even sure they can do that, but probably they can.

I highly appreciate you sharing your insights with those of us who are not as knowledgable about crime investigations. Thank you so much for doing this.

You are welcome. I am lucky to be allowed to do what I do. I am grateful I can help with cases and make a difference. You guys here are smart, I pick up on many things here. There are things I suspect about this case, but you don't know who is reading and I try to think about the families, IYKWIM. This case is interesting to me, because it is not a typical type of crime. Maybe the offender isn't typical would be a better way to phrase it.

Do you guys think it’s possible that the fbi somehow altered the video before releasing it? Like the face of the perp? I just started following this case so I don’t know when they first released that video, but I’d guess it was pretty soon after crime. Not even sure they can do that, but probably they can.

So there is a video of them talking about it, and IIRC the guy who is cleaning it up for lack of a better word, says that he was too far away to zoom in any better without pixelating it. So what we are seeing is the best they can zoom in and not distort it any more. FBI wouldn't alter it as far as I know. I think they want the best picture of him possible so someone would recognize him.

My first theory was that this was an attemp to abduct the girls (or one of them) that went wrong. To me, this seemed like a perfect spot to do this. A road under the end of the bridge and all he had to do was get the girls Down to the private road and into his car that would be parked somewhere there and then he could be out of the area pretty fast, as the private road goes straight to the bigger roads in the area. I did a bit of reasearch as to whether this would even be possible, if there was a locked gate where the private road start, Security cameras etc. However, when the girls understood his intentions they tried to escape and he chased them to the other side of the creek, where he killed them.
The more I have looked into and learned about the case, I think this could also be a very planned crime, where he intentionally led them across the creek with the purpose of committing the murder at that exact spot where they were found. I don’t think the girls were targeted, though, but random victims that just happened to be there and he saw an opportunity.

Is that private road accessible to anyone or is there a gate?

You are welcome. I am lucky to be allowed to do what I do. I am grateful I can help with cases and make a difference. You guys here are smart, I pick up on many things here. There are things I suspect about this case, but you don't know who is reading and I try to think about the families, IYKWIM. This case is interesting to me, because it is not a typical type of crime. Maybe the offender isn't typical would be a better way to phrase it.

Do you think it’s weird he hasn’t struck again that we know of? The more time that passes the more I think it may be a targeted hit or the perp left the area, but LE seems to think he’s around there.

So there is a video of them talking about it, and IIRC the guy who is cleaning it up for lack of a better word, says that he was too far away to zoom in any better without pixelating it. So what we are seeing is the best they can zoom in and not distort it any more. FBI wouldn't alter it as far as I know. I think they want the best picture of him possible so someone would recognize him.

yeah that’s what I thought. Thanks.

such a filthy, disgusting ,pointless, meaningless crime...he will be executed in the State of Indiana...he shouldn't have killed there...mistake number one...caught on camera...mistake number two...caught on audio..mistake number three.

thats a whole lot right there..wonder what other mistakes he made?

I also wonder why they don't connect Evansdale. Maybe its because they cant make sense of how he would find another set of such similar victims in the short amount of time he seems to have been in the park...but what is the chance of a killer of children coming up on a pair of girls out for a bike ride and managing to take the girls, murder them and leave them miles from where they were abducted?

the criminologists on HLN seem as though they are looking at the simplest scenario.

loner killer
knows the area
random female victims
maybe first time
ran away through the woods
the publicity of the case has kept him from acting again.

A Boogie Man..

really it could be, but I just think there is more to it..it takes a really specific kind of criminal illness to murder two little girls...then the similarity of the areas, the demographic, processing plants and bridge areas...and the fact that all of the victims were left outside near water. coincidence?

I don't know, they know more about criminals than we do, but I feel like its the same killer and I cant let go. mOO

Do you think it’s weird he hasn’t struck again that we know of? The more time that passes the more I think it may be a targeted hit or the perp left the area, but LE seems to think he’s around there.

Your guess is as good as mine. I am hoping that he is just afraid to strike out again because it was a one time thing for him and he got away with it so far. If he is still doing this, he may have changed things up so not to attract attention to himself. I don't think he lives there, but is in a surrounding county, and I 100% believe he has been to that bridge before, or lived in that town for some period of time.

So you guys think this perp was some crazed unorganized possibly mentally ill or druggie who just killed and ran or do you think he is an organized planner who executed a well thought out plan and left little evidence?

LE said that the perp hasn’t been arrested before, I read somewhere. If true, they must have complete DNA to put thru Codex. And if true, it eliminates a lot of scum bags people were wondering about.

Another thing I find interesting about this case is in comparison to others I’ve seen over the years is that it seems like a lot of interviews have taken place without the public’s knowledge. I could be wrong but it seems like in every other case every move the cops make the press is reporting it. If they go to someone’s workplace, the media reports it, etc. so why not in this case? I think they have interviewed, taken DNA from and eliminated a lot of different people and yet do we even know the name of one of those POIs? Seems odd. But maybe it’s just bc it’s a small town and the media has left. I don’t know.

So little has been officially released about BG that he really could be anyone. We can parse LE’s or the former DA’s words all day long (and have for 4 years) but ultimately we know next to nothing about this case. I personally don’t think it matters because this case isn’t going to be solved with one tip or DNA or the public comparing photos. I think he’s going to offend again and again, maybe already has, and eventually he will make a big enough mistake to get caught. I also don’t think it matters much what LE releases because BG is never going to talk. He’s not going to confess, he’s not bragging about what he did, he’s not brilliant but he’s street smart enough to keep his mouth shut and lawyer up as soon as he’s arrested. I think he has a great deal of self restraint insofar as not talking, not drawing attention to himself and not outwardly taking an interest in the case. He’s probably not narcissistic, not well known in Delphi, and isn’t going to play games with LE, but he’s the ultimate “hiding in plain sight” guy. All MOO

I think it's puzzling if you think they are directing it to us (the public.) But we are not their main target. Their primary purpose when they put out information is to progress the investigation, they are speaking to BG.

So when LE is stating that there is a lot of physical evidence found and it might not be what we would expect, this may not necessarily say anything about the crime/crime scene/perpetrator etc, it basically just means that there could have been a lot of crap lying around in the area?
Sometimes I am afraid that I am reading way to much into the words spoken by LE. When they say “a lot of physical evidence and not what you would expect” then I tend to assume there is a hint in those words to the nature of the crime, but really this may not be related at all? But why would LE even bother saying anything like that then? They must know that everything they say will be scrutiniced by the public, and I trust that they are professionels and would not say random stuff just for fun to see what wild theories this may cause.
Sorry for the rambling. In general, I am puzzled by LE communication strategy in this case. There is a lot they cannot communicate due to integrity of the case, but it seems like they still want to communicate something. Is this to keep the case alive, hoping that someone Will come forward with that one tip?

They probably could but why would they? A still from the video was released on the 15th, so within a day. Changing his image wouldn’t help in solving the crime.

edited to correct dates.

Last edited:
Another thing I find interesting about this case is in comparison to others I’ve seen over the years is that it seems like a lot of interviews have taken place without the public’s knowledge. I could be wrong but it seems like in every other case every move the cops make the press is reporting it. If they go to someone’s workplace, the media reports it, etc. so why not in this case? I think they have interviewed, taken DNA from and eliminated a lot of different people and yet do we even know the name of one of those POIs? Seems odd. But maybe it’s just bc it’s a small town and the media has left. I don’t know.
There was a lot of attention at first but with nothing new to report, the public gets media fatigue and so reporters move on to the next big story. There hasn’t been anything publicly announced since the April ‘19 presser, so almost 2 years.

They probably could but why would they? A still from the video was released on the 17th I believe, so within 3 days. Changing his image wouldn’t help in solving the crime.

yeah you’re right.

I just rewatched PC 2 from 2017 and DC is saying for sure that BG IS the killer and that YG sketch 2 is also the BG/killer. Wow. How can it be the same person? They looks so different in every way possible.

yeah you’re right.

I just rewatched PC 2 from 2017 and DC is saying for sure that BG IS the killer and that YG sketch 2 is also the BG/killer. Wow. How can it be the same person? They looks so different in every way possible.
We’ve been debating this for years. The most recent thingLE said is that the first sketch released (older guy) is now a secondary sketch and that the more recently released sketch (younger guy) is the killer. They also said he may be a mixture of both. If you watch the HLN doc, they overlay both sketches and they look very much alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288