OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't post the name, since this person is not involved or ever really named publicly. There was some discussion at another website (not the one that shut down) and all posts mentioning that person disappeared. All I can recall timewise is the post was after midnight.

Dana's last night at work, she got an upsetting phone call (per newspaper articles), so I think it's possible she may have made some rounds before heading on home.

I recall the post on her deceased friend's page, but not sure what theory you might develop from it. Unless it was intended to point to those who might do her harm. It looks like anyone that might have correctly interpreted that, was murdered. It could have been known within the circle exactly who "the evil ones" refers to.

Yes, you may be right about Dana getting the upsetting call and making the rounds before heading home. My thoughts were centered around Dana being tired and a new baby at home. I do see your point.

MO
This ^ makes me wonder about my recent interpretation of the message to Hilton on Danas FB page late that night. This new interpretation came to me after learning that a W had hacked devices.
My new thought was :
W put that message on Danas FB as time stamp of sorts, but also more viciously to mock Dana and what they had done to her.
Iircc, the words said something like... "Brad, please watch over us and protect us tonight more than ever..." Result- It would show BH ( from his final resting place ) failed the Rhoden's , failed Dana. Mocking all. "The Evil Ones" having the last word.
W are diabolical enough to do this, and adds that vigilante touch, mixed with righteousness found in that movie.
This also makes me wonder if W's had a hand in Hiltons accident.
Hilton, (had he remained alive would have been on the same level as Kenneth R in that BH would have known and retaliated. I realize that is a stretch in thinking, but also seems like a W thing to do. MO.
If I am totally mis remembering or way off base pls feel free to correct or give your thoughts.
I feel especially bad thinking about this. So evil.

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy S. Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant stated.
So Sluthers do you all think that the Wagners used JMs truck to get to Kenneth????

Johnny this is a good question.
TheJ M truck, messages, and all surrounding it is a true mystery, or a misdirection by a W.
Possible Theory.
This was said somewhere early on, so I have no link, so call it rumor and delete if need be.
JM may have been in his truck at FR place as there was a
thought FR called JM (around 11pm) to get a 'jump' - as the battery on FR truck was dead. I don't see why W's would have used JM truck to get to Kenneth. Kenneth lived very close to FWFarms, and was killed either first or last, so, it seems odd to suddenly use a different vehicle to get to KR.
Since the charges against JM seemed to go away, there must have been a flaw in LE thinking on this truck.
I really can't make sense of these late night posts from Dana. Could all of them have been a hack from a W?
Can a hacker change the time stamp on posts?

Dana Rhoden posted this reference about reuniting with close friend (some thought more than friends) Brad Hilton
heavenpng-5248b696fd839e11.png

Bradley Hilton Obituary - Tributes.com

20235831-standard.png

Dana Rhoden's status about her relationship read, "It's complicated.''
She was working on a reconciliation with her ex husband Christopher Rhoden Sr.

Pike County shooting victims social media posts (slideshow)
Updated May 19, 2019; Posted Apr 29, 2016
By The Plain Dealer the major newspaper of Cleveland, Ohio.

Last edited:
Johnny this is a good question.
TheJ M truck, messages, and all surrounding it is a true mystery, or a misdirection by a W.
Possible Theory.
This was said somewhere early on, so I have no link, so call it rumor and delete if need be.
JM may have been in his truck at FR place as there was a
thought FR called JM (around 11pm) to get a 'jump' - as the battery on FR truck was dead. I don't see why W's would have used JM truck to get to Kenneth. Kenneth lived very close to FWFarms, and was killed either first or last, so, it seems odd to suddenly use a different vehicle to get to KR.
Since the charges against JM seemed to go away, there must have been a flaw in LE thinking on this truck.
I really can't make sense of these late night posts from Dana. Could all of them have been a hack from a W?
Can a hacker change the time stamp on posts?

I recall that theory, too, that one of the W's may have feigned car trouble or something. Another theory was that the red truck was the one seen in security cam video that night. Whatever the excuse, it sounded like a Wagner scheme to give a truck to JM that had been somehow linked to the murders.

Up until the day LE searched the Peterson Rd. farm, they were pretty much buying everything the Wagners told them. All they had to do was arrange for someone to give or sell the truck to JM and make up the rest.

Thanks JBB

02/22/2021 NOTICE OF INTENT TO USE OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE PURSUANT TO 404(B) FILED

OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character.

Examples that I think might qualify for OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE that I think shows their CHARACTER :

1.) Angela threatening to kill George's wife.
2.) How George treated his EX wife and the custody and visitation of their son.
3.) Hanna confirming to people that Jake is abusive to her and tried to get her to sign over custody.
4.) Billy Wagner had been in a physical fight with Christopher Rhoden.
5.) Police report filed against Jake for stalking and identity theft.
6.) Billy was convicted for pulling a gun on a motorist in an act of road rage.
7.) Billy was convicted for receiving stolen property. A dirt bike, and property from several entities, including Carter Lumber and Eastern High School.
8.) Billy and Angela were convicted of receiving stolen property in Ross County from Kohl’s, Ollie’s, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Super K-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Sears, and Lowe’s.

http://jensendefense.com/hereshow/admitotheractsevidence.html

Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

Some of those don't look familiar, e.g. #5 and #1

Some of those don't look familiar, e.g. #5 and #1

Canepa asked Scheiderer if he knew why George and his wife T broke up. Scheiderer said George and T had an argument and Angela then threatened to kill T.

T was scared. Normally when someone says "I'm going to kill you" you know they don't really mean it, it's just a figure of speech, but T saw something dangerous in Angela Wagner. So to keep safe she hid out on the property until nightfall and then grabbed a bike and rode to a gas station then never went back.

At least not as George's wife, their relationship ended that specific day. Imagine being married and having to live in a smallish house with both your husband's mother and brother. Maybe your husband's father too.

State's Supplemental Discovery - Angela Wagner (see attachment)

EW
request for SSN (1 p)
Ohio Uniform Incident Report 8-15-18 (4 pp)
upload_2021-2-23_0-11-49.png

who owns the state Route 41 site visited by investigators during their search for evidence Friday and Saturday, said authorities searched two large trailers and took one smaller utility trailer owned by the Wagners, a local family."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/auth...-of-pike-county-massacre-victims-ex-boyfriend

I found this way back on #28, What do you Sluthers think the BCI found in that small utility trailer that they kept????
This purely a guess but I'd not be surprised if it held all of their tools and machinery.
And if it did, I suspect it contained the tools and materials used to build a silencer among other things...

MMO

Last edited:
Does anyone else think the motive was something other than custody issues? Just curious.

IT'S ABOUT CUSTODY AND ELIMINATING ANY WITNESSES......2 Cents

Nothing points to any motive except custody and eliminating witnesses. Only the motive of custody has come up multiple times.

DeWine said the case involved “an undercurrent of drugs” but he also said drugs were not part of the motive, "There’s no evidence of the speculation that this was drug-related in the sense of the motive."

Importantly, and very telling is the fact that not once in all these different situations has anything come up except for custody. No motive except for custody has come up in press conferences, interviews, the evidence we can see listed, and in the prosecutor's Motion stating why they oppose Billy getting Bond.

At George's bond hearing the only motive presented by the prosecution for the murders was that Jake wanted custody and George and Jake did everything together, including raising their kids together.

"The only testimony we heard, and we can boil it down to one minute, and that's that they did everything together. And therefore based on that, they want the court to believe that the presumption is great that George Wagner was involved in a homicide."

Also Canepa said they got rid of any witnesses which actually is a motive. Like if they killed Gary or Kenneth or Chris Jr. ECT.. just because they were witnesses, then that is the only motive in killing them.

Last edited:
  • Looks like things are speeding up...Might be a Hearing before
  • 05/12/2021 09:00 AM
  • 2018CR000154 STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, EDWARD JACOB
02/22/2021

MOTION TO COMPEL THE PRODUCTION OF TRANSCRIPTS OF AUDIO RECORDINGS THE STATE INTENDS TO USE AT TRIAL

MOTION TO COMPEL THE PRODUCTION OF "OTHER ACTS" EVIDENCE

MOTION TO CONDUCT A HEARING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE REGARDING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY AND THE STATUS OF THE STATE"S COMPLIANCE WITH DISCOVERY DUTIES

02/23/2021

SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONDUCT A HEARING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE REGARDING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY AND THE STATUS OF THE STATE'S COMPLIANCE WITH DISCOVERY DUTIES

********** WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON **********

02/19/2021
MOTION TO SET PRETRIAL HEARING ..... (finally !)

Billy's is - 04/05/2021 01:30 PM

Last edited:
Does anyone else think the motive was something other than custody issues? Just curious.

No, I don't. The governor of Ohio, as AG at the time, personally supervised every step of the investigation from the first hour after the bodies were discovered. They conducted a full and thorough investigation, putting their careers and reputations on the line to bring the killers to justice. Why would they ignore involvement of other killers? There's no benefit in doing that.

• Looks like things are speeding up...Might be a Hearing before
  • 05/12/2021 09:00 AM
  • 2018CR000154 STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, EDWARD JACOB
02/22/2021

MOTION TO COMPEL THE PRODUCTION OF TRANSCRIPTS OF AUDIO RECORDINGS THE STATE INTENDS TO USE AT TRIAL

MOTION TO COMPEL THE PRODUCTION OF "OTHER ACTS" EVIDENCE

MOTION TO CONDUCT A HEARING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE REGARDING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY AND THE STATUS OF THE STATE"S COMPLIANCE WITH DISCOVERY DUTIES

02/23/2021

SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONDUCT A HEARING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE REGARDING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY AND THE STATUS OF THE STATE'S COMPLIANCE WITH DISCOVERY DUTIES

********** WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON **********

02/19/2021
MOTION TO SET PRETRIAL HEARING ..... (finally !)

Billy's is - 04/05/2021 01:30 PM

Jake's motion hearing was originally scheduled for May 12, 2021. If they want the motion hearing sooner, that's fine. Maybe they can also move up the trial date so we don't have to wait until August.

Maybe Jake's attorneys have used up all the delaying tactics available to them and want to get on with this case so they can handle others.

The prosecution has spent more than a year, almost 2 years, providing the defense with thousands of pages and files of evidence. The court hired experts to go over all the evidence and helped the defense attorneys organize and review it. They've answered every question, met every demand.

In all this time, the defense hasn't provided one iota of evidence to defend their client.

Time to move forward.

This purely a guess but I'd not be surprised if it held all of their tools and machinery.
And if it did, I suspect it contained the tools and materials used to build a silencer among other things...

MMO

ICBW, but I thought that was where they found the storage container with all of Angela Wagner's "Important Papers". The ones that provided proof of the forged custody documents, etc.

I am trying to interpret this.
J for JM truck, but post was to sis, who may or may not drive truck? Idk. This is all I can come up with.

Nothing to do with JM, nor peanut butter and jelly. Just reverse Hilton and Sis. In rural southern Ohio the name Sis is common to use when referencing females. Sort of like guys using Bubba or Bud. Sorry for any confusion... not my intent.

Canepa asked Scheiderer if he knew why George and his wife T broke up. Scheiderer said George and T had an argument and Angela then threatened to kill T.

T was scared. Normally when someone says "I'm going to kill you" you know they don't really mean it, it's just a figure of speech, but T saw something dangerous in Angela Wagner. So to keep safe she hid out on the property until nightfall and then grabbed a bike and rode to a gas station then never went back.

At least not as George's wife, their relationship ended that specific day. Imagine being married and having to live in a smallish house with both your husband's mother and brother. Maybe your husband's father too.

EW
request for SSN (1 p)
View attachment 285641

Thanks for the refresher. I thought that sounded familiar but couldnt recall if actual charges were filed.

ICBW, but I thought that was where they found the storage container with all of Angela Wagner's "Important Papers". The ones that provided proof of the forged custody documents, etc.

The box of important stuff was found in Jake's truck. The smaller utility
trailer they hauled away could have been important tools like @Puzzles8 said, to make silencers. They were careless enough to leave behind fake custody docs and the shoe receipt so wouldn't be surprised if they left tools.

Last edited:

EW
request for SSN (1 p)
View attachment 285641
BBM. Kind of makes you think that she had reason to be scared for her life, doesnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288