Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

Just read about this and did some research. Here’s the general information soup we have currently:
  • Full name was Carolyn Celeste Eaton
  • Born October 1, 1964
  • Father died when she was 14 in 1978
  • Ran away from home in St. Louis, MO around December 1981
  • No photographs (yet?)
  • Probably lived in the Bellefontaine Neighbors part of St. Louis
Thats all the info I could find. I hope I can find out more and possibly some photographs later on. :(
IMO

Hazlewood East and Riverview Gardens seem to be the high schools near Bellefontaine Neighbors.

Just read about this and did some research. Here’s the general information soup we have currently:
  • Full name was Carolyn Celeste Eaton
  • Born: October 1, 1964
  • Died: January 25, 1982 - February 13, 1982
  • Father died when she was 14 in 1978
  • Ran away from home in St. Louis, MO around December 1981
  • No photographs (yet?)
  • Probably lived in the Bellefontaine Neighbors part of St. Louis
Thats all the info I could find. I hope I can find out more and possibly some photographs later on. :(
IMO
Just wondering, ¿Shouldn't her date of death be on the 4th of February?

That night is when Patti Wilkins saw her in her truck stop with the unidentified companion.

There's no way to verify that girl as Carolyn. It was thought she was Carolyn, but it is unconfirmed.
Oh i see, i remember watching the video that True Crime Arizona made last week, in it they interviewed Patty Wilkins and she said that when question about the UID, she said that when shown the photos of the clothes she was found wearing.

Patty said that those were the same clothes, however it is thought to be Valentine Sally.

Here is the link to the True Crime Arizona vid:

Oh i see, i remember watching the video that True Crime Arizona made last week, in it they interviewed Patty Wilkins and she said that when question about the UID, she said that when shown the photos of the clothes she was found wearing.

Patty said that those were the same clothes, however it is thought to be Valentine Sally.

Here is the link to the True Crime Arizona vid:

Patty Wilkins also remembered the girl asking for an aspirin to treat a toothache, Carolyn was found to have an incomplete root canal procedure done.

So since Carolyn was probably with this man then it narrows down the death frame to February 4 - 13.
I think that she died that same night.

My thought if she died after the 4th is that she travelled with possibly the same man seen with her, or another one. If that is the case, i find it hard that the aspirin could have stayed on her tooth.

I think that she died that same night.

My thought if she died after the 4th is that she travelled with possibly the same man seen with her, or another one. If that is the case, i find it hard that the aspirin could have stayed on her tooth.

I agree, the body was also at the dump site long enough for rodents to gnaw at fingers and ears.

Now, as many questions are there are in this case, I honestly wonder how the heck poor Carolyn got from Missouri to Arizona in less than 2 months? I know anything is possible here (e.g. Sumter County Does), but this was a teenager.
IMO
Perhaps she took a bus, or hitchhiked her way to Arizona,

The witness who picked her up in early February 82’ said that she was traveling due to family problems and that she’d been working as a dishwasher.

Maybe she performed odd jobs through her way.

Now, as many questions are there are in this case, I honestly wonder how the heck poor Carolyn got from Missouri to Arizona in less than 2 months? I know anything is possible here (e.g. Sumter County Does), but this was a teenager.
IMO

I find it strange too. And how, within 2 months, she seemed to be quite comfortable with the man who was accompanying her - normally people aren't comfortable being around complete strangers. Even weirder was how the man seemingly cared for her, even asking about her tooth....we know this man can't be Carolyn's father, so who was he?

St. Louis has a lot of truck drivers passing through it, it's not unfathomable she got a ride of one of them and was able to wind up in AZ within two months or so. Plus the fact witnesses said she was trying to get a ride from a truck driver to New Jersey would attest to the possibility that she knew she could get pretty far riding with a trucker.

Given that it was around Christmas, I think this may be @monksprung's best friend's sister. I wonder if they'll come back to WS...

Those monksprung posts carried such weight with me I linked them in a Valentine Sally thread on Reddit last week. Once in a while something comparatively jumps off the page as the elusive answer. I can think of three recent examples -- the Zodiac cipher solve before confirmation, the photos discovered of Pamela Mae Buckley a couple of days before the Sumter County Doe identities were revealed, and those monksprung details about a friend's sister who ran away at Christmas time 1981. The tipping point detail was detectives flying to visit the family not long after DNA submission to the public database.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back