DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there will be new identifications soon, now as the covid is under control and the number are getting lower each day, I hope the LEs will be able to travel as normally soon. There was the websleuth who made the video with the DDP Does who can be potentially identified in the nearest future.

Last edited:
I hope there will be new identifications soon, now as the covid is under control and the number are getting lower each day, I hope the LEs will be able to travel as normally soon. There was the websleuth who made the video which can potentially be identified in the nearest future.
Indeed, I'm still curious about Lenawee JD and Rebel Ray with the identities I submitted.

I hope there will be new identifications soon, now as the covid is under control and the number are getting lower each day, I hope the LEs will be able to travel as normally soon. There was the websleuth who made the video with the DDP Does who can be potentially identified in the nearest future.

Can you send me a link please i would like to watch that

Indeed, I'm still curious about Lenawee JD and Rebel Ray with the identities I submitted.
Did you get any answer in regards to your submissions? I think it sometimes can take time for the LEs to contact relatives and to get DNA for comparison.
By the way, both are great finds!

Last edited:
Did you get any answer in regards to your submissions? I think it sometimes can take time for the LEs to contact relatives and to get DNA for comparison.
By the way, both are great finds!
With Mitchell Zepedo and Lenawee, I contacted both Margaret Press and the investigator for Zepedo's disappearance. I never got a response from Mrs. Press, and the investigator seemed interested and said he would get back to me "soon".
With Rebel Ray, I got in contact with Natalie Murry on it, and she said that the GBI would be getting into contact with Erroll Wagner's family for DNA Analysis, as they didn't have any DNA from them readily available for comparison.

With Mitchell Zepedo and Lenawee, I contacted both Margaret Press and the investigator for Zepedo's disappearance. I never got a response from Mrs. Press, and the investigator seemed interested and said he would get back to me "soon".
With Rebel Ray, I got in contact with Natalie Murry on it, and she said that the GBI would be getting into contact with Erroll Wagner's family for DNA Analysis, as they didn't have any DNA from them readily available for comparison.
I hope it will not take too long! But it is great that in both cases the authorities were interested in investigating it. I have read on a different thread that in case of Redondo Jane Doe there is a family of local missing woman from Redondo who submitted their DNA to be compared to Redondo Jane Doe, it was said it can take up to 6 weeks for comparison.

I hope it will not take too long! But it is great that in both cases the authorities were interested in investigating it. I have read on a different thread that in case of Redondo Jane Doe there is a family of local missing woman from Redondo who submitted their DNA to be compared to Redondo Jane Doe, it was said it can take up to 6 weeks for comparison.
I need to contact the Lenawee Sherriff about Zepedo as well.

Wow, I am so happy the DDP has asked for public assistance on one of the difficult cases, I hope they will do it with other difficult cases too! According to the new information Berried Co Jane Doe (Aka "Betty") has Irish ancestry and one Mediterranean grandparent, I wonder if it means she was born in Ireland herself.
Berrien co Jane Doe.png

Last edited:
Thank you :) im encouraged that apache junction jane doe may well get her name back
I am sure she will be identified, she is in good hands, the team lead for her case Cairenn Binder is great, I like reading and listening to her interviews, she was a team lead for Wendy Stephens (Green River Victim) and Ginger Bibb (Phoenix Jane Doe). And she is also a team lead for hit-and-run victim from Phoenix from 2004.

Last edited:
I am sure she will be identified, she is in good hands, the team lead for her case Cairenn Binder is great, I like reading and listening to her interviews, she was a team lead for Wendy Stephens (Green River Victim) and Ginger Bibb (Phoenix Jane Doe). And she is also a team lead for hit-and-run victim from Phoenix from 2004.
I believe she was also the team leader for Tamara Tigard (Lime Lady).

I have to wonder what their workflow is with so many cases, like if one has a better lead, do they focus on that first?
I think there are many different teams, each team is working on one case, usually there are a few people in a team, atypically in Evangeline Parish case it was just one volunteer working on this case. Each volunteer in a team works with one match and their goal is to build a family tree around this match, later volunteers look for connections between different family trees. So I think there is constant work on all the active cases, they never stop, but I think they asked assistance for this particular case now, because she did not benefit from Gedmatch changes..

Sure, here is the link for the youtube video:

Thanks for the video. I'd not read about Pulaski County, MO Jane Doe. The last name Jubel (as found on the bra the victim was wearing) isn't unusual in eastern Missouri. There are families with that last name living in St. Louis City, county and outlying areas. There are also people from nearby counties who are of French and Native American ancestry, as well as the more common European/German ancestry.

JMO, based on searches at Ancestry.com and the location (known only to locals), this woman was most likely from the general area or elsewhere in eastern or central MO. Her post mortem photo seems more accurate than the artistic rendering. I don't think she was Hispanic. JMO

Missouri authorities exhume body hoping to solve 34-year-old cold case | FOX 2

Someone Got Away With Murder: Do You Know This Woman?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member