Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Macomb Co. man dies hours after COVID-19 vaccine, death ruled natural

90 year old man dies after getting vaccine-- I am hearing more stories like this-- I know these are rare instances, but it is scaring me- sure it happens rarely, but what if I am the rare person who has an untoward reaction like that? I am planning to get the vaccine if I get the chance, but I am terrified of it.

If you have allergies or have had previous reactions to the flu shot vaccine, please take precautions and seek professional advice if this vaccine is for you.

By all accounts, it truly seems the vaccine timing was a coincidence. The victim was alone when he died and found by his son during his normal, routine to check on his elderly dad. The decedent died a day later but never contacted anyone to report feeling ill after his vaccine. I believe it was natural death due to age/other health issues. (My 91-year-old mother has also been vaccinated without difficulty).

From the MSM link:

No autopsy was done, Pietrangelo said, in part because it wouldn't have provided an answer to the questions nagging at Simpson's loved ones: Did the vaccine cause their father's death? Or contribute to it in any way?

"There is no way presently to know if this vaccine had anything to do with the death," Pietrangelo said

[..]

Simpson was taking several drugs that suggested underlying health conditions could have caused his death, Pietrangelo said.

"He had several medical conditions, and that was verified through his medications," she said. "He was taking blood pressure medications. He was taking blood thinner medications. He was taking cholesterol medications. He was taking stomach medications, and a number of non-prescribed things.

"It has the appearance of a natural death. The son did tell our investigators that he had the COVID vaccine the day before, and that there were no complications as a result.

I got my Moderna #1 two weeks ago and cannot wait for March 10 when I get #2. Hubs has had both. Daughter who is a front-line RN has had both. My youngest is a SPED teacher who has been face-to-face this entire school year- and I hope teachers are a priority once this J&J gets approved in the next week or so.

I can tell you this with assurance: Weight loss is NOT a vaccine side effect. Sadly. A girl can dream....

Sometimes, the best plans go slightly awry.

Today was the date of my first COVID injection. Everyone probably knows the medication is injected into the deltoid muscle in the upper arm while the arm muscle is relaxed ( easy proper positioning of the arm is all that's required, and is easy to achieve).

I relaxed my arm on the table for my vaccine, the paramedic injected it correctly. and HALF of the medication promptly ran down my arm. He was like " Wow, I've never seen that happen before and I give injections all the time" and I was like " Wow, I've never seen anything like that happen when I gave injections properly for over 30 years".

I was near tears, I was so upset, and he was just amazed at what he'd seen. I asked him to give me another dose in my other arm, which is the CDC protocol if over half leaks out. No one can tell in a clinical setting if less than or more than or maybe exactly half my vaccine leaked out.

Neither he nor I or the 2 witnesses could testify in court as to the amount of loss, even.

The county's director said he could not authorize another injection, so I maybe got half of what I jumped through 15 steps ( no kidding) for and have wanted since I was so direly ill from COVID.

I called my personal physician to discuss the adverse incident, but really don't expect anything but apathy from him, either.
Take your mask off and see how their apathy disappears though. This is the very definition of poor health care decision making and not following the CDC guidelines by erring on the side of caution.

I am relating this because it happened to me and it can happen to others. For the CDC to address it, it must be a " not rare" event.

Here's the link: Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

Scroll to Appendix A and read about the biological leaking out of the muscle.

I wish I'd stayed home. I'm SO upset. No one else responsible for my vaccine is, but I am upset and angry.

Today was the date of my first COVID injection. Everyone probably knows the medication is injected into the deltoid muscle in the upper arm while the arm muscle is relaxed ( easy proper positioning of the arm is all that's required, and is easy to achieve).

I relaxed my arm on the table for my vaccine, the paramedic injected it correctly. and HALF of the medication promptly ran down my arm. He was like " Wow, I've never seen that happen before and I give injections all the time" and I was like " Wow, I've never seen anything like that happen when I gave injections properly for over 30 years".

I was near tears, I was so upset, and he was just amazed at what he'd seen. I asked him to give me another dose in my other arm, which is the CDC protocol if over half leaks out. No one can tell in a clinical setting if less than or more than or maybe exactly half my vaccine leaked out.

Neither he nor I or the 2 witnesses could testify in court as to the amount of loss, even.

The county's director said he could not authorize another injection, so I maybe got half of what I jumped through 15 steps ( no kidding) for and have wanted since I was so direly ill from COVID.

I called my personal physician to discuss the adverse incident, but really don't expect anything but apathy from him, either.
Take your mask off and see how their apathy disappears though. This is the very definition of poor health care decision making and not following the CDC guidelines by erring on the side of caution.

I am relating this because it happened to me and it can happen to others. For the CDC to address it, it must be a " not rare" event.

Here's the link: Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

I wish I'd stayed home. I'm SO upset. No one else responsible for my vaccine is, but I am upset and angry.

There was a newscast posted a while ago showing the first person to get the Covid vaccine in Canada, and the same thing happened. We were horrified by what we saw, but no one made a comment in that news video. Later it was mentioned that the person was revaccinated.

One of first COVID-19 vaccinations in Canada appears to have been botched | Montreal Gazette

There was a newscast posted a while ago showing the first person to get the Covid vaccine in Canada, and the same thing happened. We were horrified by what we saw, but no one made a comment in that news video. Later it was mentioned that the person was revaccinated.

One of first COVID-19 vaccinations in Canada appears to have been botched | Montreal Gazette

Thank you for posting this info. I'm trying to figure out what went wrong so it doesn't happen next month. We all know there's very good coverage with ONE dose, so I'm putting all my hope on next month's dose. ( Moderna vaccine, of course).

In the link in SeekingJana's post it seems to say no revaccination for these types of cases in the US.

"If the dose given in error is the first dose, a second dose should be administered at the recommended interval (21 days [Pfizer-BioNTech] or 28 days [Moderna]). If this dose is the second dose, the series is complete and no additional doses are needed."

Over-vaccination doesn't seem to hurt though. Our two over-vaccinated people are still doing well.

In my case, the medication went into my arm. When he withdrew the needle with the attached syringe, the medication started to flow down my arm. Not blood or blood plasma fraction, but the vaccine material.

I am hoping against hope that I got at least half the dose, but IMO, it's iffy.
I WOULD have redone the vaccine if the client appeared to be in good health and of good size. I am BOTH.
I'm really upset and worried.

I talked to him about using the Z track method with an air bolus to keep the medication in, which is the recommended technique for flu vaccines. He'd obviously never heard of Z track injections, and said the syringe wouldn't allow the introduction of air. I wondered how the syringes were filled from vials, as air has to be injected into a sealed vial before the medication will fill the syringe.

JUST FED UP!!!!

In the link in SeekingJana's post it seems to say no revaccination for these types of cases in the US.

"If the dose given in error is the first dose, a second dose should be administered at the recommended interval (21 days [Pfizer-BioNTech] or 28 days [Moderna]). If this dose is the second dose, the series is complete and no additional doses are needed."

Over-vaccination doesn't seem to hurt though. Our two over-vaccinated people are still doing well.

As far as I know, no one received a dose in error. The person in Canada didn't receive her dose due to a leaking syringe. She needed to be vaccinated and was.
I received approx. half the proper dose of vaccine and was not revaccinated. This is not in accordance with the CDC guidelines.

What you are quoting refers to a situation such as " Mrs. Jones from Rm. 402 is over there in the corner for her COVID vaccine". Person giving injection asks alert- looking lady " Are you Mrs. Jones?"
Lady in the wheelchair nods head " yes".
Lady is vaccinated.

It turns out that the person vaccinated had never been vaccinated, was stone deaf and her name was Mrs. Smith. Mrs. Jones lived one floor down.

So the guidelines are almost child-like. " If the dose is given in error ( which means " wrong person vaccinated"). This didn't happen in either case previously discussed.
Under-vaccination was clearly visible. The exact opposite of " Dose GIVEN" even if in error.

Oh, @SeekingJana I’m so sorry this happened to you and no one seems to care! Can you call the CDC and get them to call your county? I would be furious. :mad:

I got my Moderna #1 two weeks ago and cannot wait for March 10 when I get #2. Hubs has had both. Daughter who is a front-line RN has had both. My youngest is a SPED teacher who has been face-to-face this entire school year- and I hope teachers are a priority once this J&J gets approved in the next week or so.

I can tell you this with assurance: Weight loss is NOT a vaccine side effect. Sadly. A girl can dream....

I just got my first shot of Moderna about an hour ago- I was a nervous wreck--but so far, so good. 2nd shot in four weeks. My husband had his 2 shots of Pfizer.

Just got the Moderna jab about a half hour ago here at my Retirement Community.

Did not like the way they organized it here at all. Family members were allowed to sign up too (that was fine by me) but the thing is- for FOUR hours they were all packed into one room waiting for the shots with residents. Residents were first - so that was 125 of us- then family...some even brought their kids! (not to get shots, but to mingle and run around and wait with them) I saw zero social distancing and lots of gaitor type masks and lots of noses poking out, and what I never understand is how staff NEEDS to pull down their masks to speak to you...its nuts. I waited in my apartment until the very end- then went down quickly and got it over with- still heaps of folks hanging out in a small unventilated space. I was the only one double masked and with a shield. I even saw one resident pull his mask down to cough loudly into the room of people....it boggles my mind.

I just got my first shot, Moderna, about an hour ago--- I had it at a hospital: not that many people, maybe 20-25- all masked and all sitting a decent distance from each other. I like the way you timed getting your shot--- wouldn't want to sit around with all those careless folks

As far as I know, no one received a dose in error. The person in Canada didn't receive her dose due to a leaking syringe. She needed to be vaccinated and was.
I received approx. half the proper dose of vaccine and was not revaccinated. This is not in accordance with the CDC guidelines.

What you are quoting refers to a situation such as " Mrs. Jones from Rm. 402 is over there in the corner for her COVID vaccine". Person giving injection asks alert- looking lady " Are you Mrs. Jones?"
Lady in the wheelchair nods head " yes".
Lady is vaccinated.

It turns out that the person vaccinated had never been vaccinated, was stone deaf and her name was Mrs. Smith. Mrs. Jones lived one floor down.

So the guidelines are almost child-like. " If the dose is given in error ( which means " wrong person vaccinated"). This didn't happen in either case previously discussed.
Under-vaccination was clearly visible. The exact opposite of " Dose GIVEN" even if in error.

Actually, what I was referring to was the chart in your link. It seems they anticipated that you received at least a half dose?

I am sorry that this happened to you, and can understand your frustration.

xx1.JPG

What I quoted before was at the asterisk.

Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
Here is what it says about incomplete doses. @SeekingJana should have been revaccinated immediately!
  • If more than half of the dose was administered, do not repeat dose.*
  • If less than half of the dose was administered or the proportion of the dose cannot be estimated, administer the authorized dose immediately (no minimum interval) in the opposite arm.#

Oh, @SeekingJana I’m so sorry this happened to you and no one seems to care! Can you call the CDC and get them to call your county? I would be furious. :mad:
My husband was standing almost over me and had a clear view of my arm, which was near him. He has been busy with work things since we returned home.

I asked him just now if he thinks I got close to half the vaccine dose, and he said " Oh, yes, there was just a little leakage. You got most of what was in the syringe".

He's probably trying to calm me down and also get me to hush about it, LOL, but I REALLY hope he's right!!!
I can see where his perspective might be different than mine.

I've decided that IF I have a biologic response to what I received ( arm soreness, slightly elevated temp, possibly headache or muscle pain) then that's a clear sign I am having a positive response, so I did get enough of the vaccine solution injected into my arm. I am really hoping!!

The link on the original post said that she SHOULD have gotten another shot immediately. Here's the link as unknown how much leaked. Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

Lower-than-authorized dose volume administered (e.g., leaked out, equipment failure, recipient pulled away)
  • If more than half of the dose was administered, do not repeat dose.*
  • If less than half of the dose was administered or the proportion of the dose cannot be estimated, administer the authorized dose immediately (no minimum interval) in the opposite arm.#

ETA Seems a few of us are cross posting for Jena!

Last edited:
The link on the original post said that she SHOULD have gotten another shot immediately. Here's the link as unknown how much leaked. Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
Yes, this is correct. The person administering the vaccine and his supervisor should have known what to do. The fact that they didn't know, and didn't try to find out and help me makes me upset.

I'm going to hope I got half. From all I can read, and knowing my history with flu vaccines, I should have a few aches in my arm and possibly a low grade fever if I received enough to activate the biologic response. ( It is stronger with the second dose in most people, though).

As far as I know, there's no Consumer line to the CDC, or email or anything. I did receive a piece of literature from the CDC with my post- vaccine papers but it looks like a general pre-recorded or already prepared canned message accessible via email or mobile phone.

When I worked in Atlanta, HQ of the CDC, I worked in a hospital that was a Level One Trauma Center. These are the BEST hospitals, and there may only be one every 200 miles or so across the country.
I did Utilization Management, and while I saw many charts with unknown illnesses with the properties of being communicable, the doctors on staff, even the specialists, could not reach anyone at the CDC.

They take reports months after the incident or new infection has been documented and submitted, but by that time, the outcome is already determined. People really have no idea at all how they just don't get involved except to document something as a statistic.

As far as I know, there's no Consumer line to the CDC, or email or anything. I did receive a piece of literature from the CDC with my post- vaccine papers but it looks like a general pre-recorded or already prepared canned message accessible via email or mobile phone.

When I worked in Atlanta, HQ of the CDC, I worked in a hospital that was a Level One Trauma Center. These are the BEST hospitals, and there may only be one every 200 miles or so across the country.
I did Utilization Management, and while I saw many charts with unknown illnesses with the properties of being communicable, the doctors on staff, even the specialists, could not reach anyone at the CDC.

They take reports months after the incident or new infection has been documented and submitted, but by that time, the outcome is already determined. People really have no idea at all how they just don't get involved except to document something as a statistic.

Interesting. I guess they have to draw the line or they’d be inundated with questions and complaints. I hope your husband is right and that you can confirm it by the reaction you get.

I’m so sorry SeekingJana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member