DE DE - Georgetown, Fem 20-33, UP6275, Cranium in city dump, Sep'64

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/753dfmi.html

Ida Dean Anderson
Missing since September 18, 1958 from Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 22, 1937
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Other: Ida's maiden name is Richardson.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ida resided with her family in Florida in the mid-1950s. She became pregnant in 1955 at age 18 and married her baby's father, Kenneth, shortly thereafter. Kenneth was employed part-time as a musician. They settled in the Detroit, Michigan area and had two additional children by 1958.

The marriage was troubled and Ida often wrote about financial difficulties in letters to her relatives in Florida. Ida took her three children and left Kenneth in February 1958. She was hospitalized due to rheumatic fever and ulcers shortly afterward. Kenneth placed the children in a boarding home while Ida was ill. The state of Michigan took custody of their children as a result of his actions and Ida and Kenneth spent the next six months attempting to regain their parental rights.

Ida was scheduled to receive custody of her children in mid-September 1958, but no one is certain if she was aware of that fact. She vanished on September 18 and has never been heard from again.
Ida's children were adopted by other families due to her disappearance. Her oldest son and daughter were adopted by the same family and their names were changed.

Arrangements had been made for Ida and the children to fly to Jacksonville, Florida after she was awarded custody in 1958. Airplane tickets had been purchased, but they were never used.

Ida's three children were reunited in 1995 and began searching for her with the assistance of other relatives. Ida has not been located as an unidentified deceased victim and a search of hospital records has proven that she was not admitted to any facilities in Michigan and surrounding states after her 1958 disappearance under her name. Her family is concerned that she may have been institutionalized or that she is homeless and does not know her identity.

IRichardson-Anderson[1].jpge8a74798-8700-48a3-b9a9-19bf9b9dd4f1[1].jpg

Betty Marie Roberts http://charleyproject.org/case/betty-marie-roberts has been missing from North Carolina since 3 November 1959 and is believed to have gone to Baltimore, Maryland after she was last seen. NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7259/118/ and Doe Network profiles: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1364dfmd.html. One thing that doesn't work is that Betty is said to wear dentures but it's unclear whether it was a full or partial set. However, when you look at the close-up pictures of the Jane Doe's skull visible in NamUs it appears that there are only four teeth present. I'm not sure whether that's because the teeth were absent during her lifetime or if they were lost postmortem though. Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?88104-MD-Betty-Roberts-29-Baltimore-3-Nov-1959.

New forensic art added yesterday
Thumbnail

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6275
Female, Multiple

Date Body Found: September 6, 1964
Location Found: Georgetown, Delaware
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian, Black / African American
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40; 20-45 years
Estimated Year of Death: 1950-1964
Estimated PMI: 60 Years
Height/Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair/Eye Color: Cannot Estimate
Circumstances of Recovery: While rummaging through a Georgetown, DE dump for bicycle parts, two teenage boys found a human skull near a pile of burned trash.

1 missing person exclusion:
MP11013 Mabel Chambers 01/01/1952 New Castle DE

It just occurred to me that the PMI and year of death don’t jive. Found in 1964 with a PMI of 60 years would put her EYD around 1900, right? Not 1950-1964. Or is this a typo?

Date Body Found: September 6, 1964
Estimated Year of Death: 1950-1964
Estimated PMI: 60 Years

Is it possible to get dna from the cranium if it's still stored somewhere?

Just came across that case and 2 things popped up in my mind.

1. She is named multiracial in NamUs, but I wonder whether there is a basis to it..the skull shape is fairly ambigous, imho. All comparisions so far were Caucasian ladies. Have mixed race MP ever been looked into?

2. Just throwing that in and it may not be likely, but I am also wondering why Mary Jane van Gilder was not brought up? She has been connected to far more distant and much more unlikely UIDs so far. Yes, the remains were found in Delaware, about 8 hours drive from where she went missing, but stranger things have happened. Plus at some point she was known to live in West Virginia, which is even closer to DE. She was known to suffer from tooth decay and loss and she like the UID had widely spaced, a bit slanted eyes. Her nasal shape would match as well, wider on the bridge and narrower lower aperture. She disappeared at 33 and would fit right in the age range of the UID. As the skull was entirely skeletonized, the PMI can be as far down as to 1945. When was the landfill the skull was found in established? If after 1945, it would rule her out.

Mary Jane Vangilder – The Charley Project

Last edited:

If the 60 year PMI is correct, then this strikes me as very much worth considering. If the estimated year of death is correct, then it's an easy rule out. Trying to track down a photo of Marion Alice Morton now for further comparison.

If the 60 year PMI is correct, then this strikes me as very much worth considering. If the estimated year of death is correct, then it's an easy rule out. Trying to track down a photo of Marion Alice Morton now for further comparison.
Have you submitted this? I think it could be a possible match if the PMI 60 is correct so it would be worth submitting Marion as a possible match for this Jane Doe.

Currently there are cases of Jane / John doe where they were believed to have died only a few years or months before their discovery when in fact they were dead for many years (Some examples would be the cases of Choubi Gildawie, Tracy Sue Walker, Rogers Lee Ellis, among others).

I posted on this thread about a missing woman that could match that Doe. I now think that she would make a better match for this Doe. I can't say anything though as she's not in a public database and it's unlikely we can get her into one due to LE disregarding her case. Is there any alternatives to get her onto other databases? I really don't know what to do... She does match up with the FBI recon IMO...

Hopefully this poor woman gets ID'd soon... The woman I think may be her's process of being reported missing isn't moving slowly, it's not really moving at all... LE haven't really been any help. I feel like reasons like this is why some Doe's aren't ID'd sooner...

Time for the usual update on the lead... Nothing has happened since July. I don't think we'll ever have a thread for our MP here as police seem uninterested in her case. Someone on NamUs even said it would be hard to report her missing and the reasons they gave aren't grounded at all.

Time for my usual appeal for anything that can help us. If anyone knows anything that can help us report her missing or at least get a popular place of discussion, please message me. I learned about her in June or so and this Jane Doe is one of the only leads we have.

Georgetown Jane Doe has been unidentified for 59 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maria_Falc
Back