Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will believe what they wish of him. We may never have affirmative evidence that he did not and could not be guilty, but to this point we absolutely no evidence that he is guilty and a very plausible reason why she would be deceased with no foul play.
This has been a polarizing thread.
I don’t think that there will be any definitive closure for those who believe the elderly husband was capable of harm.
I think we can all respectfully hold to our respective views with the understanding that the outcome doesn’t alter. Barb’s remains have been found, she is deceased, and it is highly unlikely we will hear anything more from authorities.

Bless the soul of this lovely lady.

amateur opinion and speculation

Arizona has very open death records. I got a death certificate plus full medical examiner's report on someone as a PDF just by sending one email. It was over a year after the death though so I don't know how long it takes for the documents to be published, especially with Coronavirus slowing things down even more than usual.

Arizona has very open death records. I got a death certificate plus full medical examiner's report on someone as a PDF just by sending one email. It was over a year after the death though so I don't know how long it takes for the documents to be published, especially with Coronavirus slowing things down even more than usual.
I read similar on their site. If a non-family member, you can’t get a certified copy, but you can get a copy that isn’t used for official purposes. I can’t remember the cost, but it wasn’t much.

amateur opinion and speculation

I wonder why she wasn't found in the initial searches, if she was so nearby?

I’ve seen that happen on other cases @katydid23. One was a little boy whose name escapes me. Another was a woman in England. Her body was overlooked by LE who said they had searched the area, but hadn’t been thorough. She was found by searchers organized by a friend. Sorry, I can’t remember her name either. I believe both were found under trees, which isn’t the case here. I think searchers probably thought they had searched the area where she was later found, but hadn’t. It would be difficult to keep track IMO, although I’m sure they have some kind of system that apparently broke down in Barbara’s case.

Please remember that no cause of death or manner of death has been released in Barbara's case, so none of us is in a position to state information as fact in that regard.

If there is MSM that states COD or MOD, please link it; otherwise it is your opinion and needs to be clearly noted as such.

Thanks.

She lived in Arizona, but died in California. I don't think Arizona would issue the death record.

She lived in Arizona, but died in California. I don't think Arizona would issue the death record.
@artsy1 Agreeing.
Iirc, the remains found in the desert were transported (to San Bern. Co. CA morgue?) for ID and for (whatever degree of) autopsy could be conducted, presumably by the SB Co Med Examiner. <--- Seems s/he would issue sign death cert. So a California death cert, imo.
From info below,* not sure if gen public can get unredacted death cert.

"California law defines individuals who can obtain an authorized copy of a birth, death, and marriage certificate as: The registrant or a parent, legal guardian, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse, or domestic partner of the registrant" and LE, adoption agencies, funeral homes. ct order, et al, and "Surviving next of kin (As specified in HSC § 7100)." bbm sbm

"Informational Copy
"If you cannot obtain an authorized copy under California law, you can obtain an informational copy. An informational copy contains the same information as an authorized copy, but will have a legend across the face with the statement "Informational, Not a Valid Document to Establish Identity." Certain items may be redacted." bbm sbm Authorized Copy vs. Informational Copy
^^^ I wonder what info is redacted.^^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads