CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so appreciate your considerations. Minors living in their family home, so respecting their privacy is exactly the right concern. Thank You.

I've seen on other sites, even on the Find May FB, a few people hating on LM and wanting to harass and torment him to get him to talk. Scary people, and they're not thinking of the children living there at all.

It tires me out sometimes trying to sort out the details of this case. I took a rest from posting, but enjoyed the continuing discussion here. Great group of people on this thread. :)

Thank you. I may have my suspicions on Larry and his behavior, but I have been wrong before. I'd feel terrible knowing that I harmed an innocent person by sharing information that I shouldn't have. That's not a decision for me to make.

Thank you...
No, Thank You dear @Lindsay. :p

You might not know-- you can't delete duplicate posts, but you can edit them. Some people edit the dup with DBM.

I almost always edit my post's wording and spelling. Fussy Me. You have 5 minutes to go back in and edit as much as you want before it puts that "edit note on the bottom". You can only edit your post up to one hour.

Post #526, on page 27 of the first thread about this case contains a link to Realtor.com which shows the home has 5 bedrooms.
I am fully aware where the information originated but it can't be substantiated by the photos in the listing. Not knowing Chula Vista code requirements I am not an expert whether a
room needs a closet to be considered a bedroom, as in other areas? But they certainly might not be the first real estate agent to fudge a listing a little to upsell it. But it's really not important.

So now that we've established there are five bedrooms, lol. What was the point being made please?
The point is to avoid tunnel vision and trying to make the facts fit our own narrative.

No, Thank You dear @Lindsay. :p

You might not know-- you can't delete duplicate posts, but you can edit them. Some people edit the dup with DBM.

I almost always edit my post's wording and spelling. Fussy Me. You have 5 minutes to go back in and edit as much as you want before it puts that "edit note on the bottom". You can only edit your post up to one hour.

Oh! Thank you! I was wondering about that. My wifi connection is embarrassing. I might do a couple double posts because of it. ‍♀️

The point is to avoid tunnel vision and trying to make the facts fit our own narrative.
It bears repeating... The point is to avoid tunnel vision and trying to make the facts fit our own narrative.

As you follow a case longer, it becomes harder to not do that. Imagine if we now find out what happened was something we wouldn't have considered.

Got to try to keep an open mind. Thanks for the reminder.

BBM & ETA-- some fussy me wording.

Last edited:
It must have been so inconvenient for LM to be unexpectedly locked out of the master bedroom all Friday and Saturday. Given he had a key, I'm surprised he didn't use it earlier to get some clean clothes on either of those mornings. And if there's a bathroom attached to the bedroom (which would make sense if the girls thought MM hadn't left the room all day) wouldn't his toothbrush have been in there?
Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he had already moved into a different room at some earlier point so he didn't need to access the master to get his things.

I was mainly trying to explain why I thought it was weird that Maya was expected to be in the master bedroom based off of what Larry said in his interview. It was just a theory but there was quite a lot of discussion about it.
Got ya, thanks for answering. I suppose if one wanted to validate the Realtor.com info. You could use the address, to search the county accessor's office for the property information. I would consider that information as reliable and valid. No links or listing personal information of course :)

It must have been so inconvenient for LM to be unexpectedly locked out of the master bedroom all Friday and Saturday. Given he had a key, I'm surprised he didn't use it earlier to get some clean clothes on either of those mornings. And if there's a bathroom attached to the bedroom (which would make sense if the girls thought MM hadn't left the room all day) wouldn't his toothbrush have been in there?

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he had already moved into a different room at some earlier point so he didn't need to access the master to get his things.
Great first post - Welcome to Websleuths!!

Just brainstorming. According to the first thread, Maya works as a defense contractor at Naval Base San Diego. I wonder if that position gave her access to confidential information ... information someone might try to get from her?

A former colleague wrote such a glowing message to Maya's family on FB, on January 21, sharing what a leader of her team Maya was when they worked together. Government contracts sounds like it would contain some sensitive info. I got a real sense of Maya being extremely responsible and competent in her career.

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

Maya and Larry have been married 21 yrs., but Maricris said Maya waited to get her education, and degree, before starting a family. So, they were married for ten years before they had children now ages 11, 9, and 4. I saw a pic of the family together and they looked happy. This is incredibly sad that Maya's still missing.

A few things to mention about Filipino culture based on some recent posts.
-The four year old son not having a bedroom, even in a big house, wouldn’t be uncommon in a Filipino household. Sleeping in the same room as your parents is quite common for some time during childhood.
-The Philippines can be “boy biased” in that it is quite a patriarchal society, and some men want their “heir”. There can be a lot of sexism and misogyny, as in any other country.
-Master bedrooms always have a bathroom attached and have come to be called a “master suite”, at least every master bedroom I’ve ever seen in southern Cali has.
-In one of Maricris’s interviews she mentioned LM’s parents were with him when she went over to the house to see the kids. It’s common to use family for childcare, especially in our culture, maybe they checked in on the kids the Friday he went to the beach? What reason did the daughters have to not answer their phones, especially if they woke up to no adults in the house? They said MM was in the room for 11 hrs, was it confirmed with some sort of verbal, but not visual, communication and so they didn’t answer any calls? Or were they instructed not to use phones?

This is a wonderful contribution by the advertising company Lamar.

Missing Chula Vista mom: Billboard goes up in search of Maya Millete (fox5sandiego.com) (video included)

Patterson reached out to the advertising company Lamar, which operates billboards and signs throughout the country. She said they responded “immediately” and offered to donate the billboard.
upload_2021-2-25_1-7-35.png
A billboard went up Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2021 on Main Street between Hilltop Drive and 3rd Avenue in Chula Vista, Calif. in an effort to generate any new leads on missing Chula Vista wife and mother Maya “May” Millete.

Last edited:
-In one of Maricris’s interviews she mentioned LM’s parents were with him when she went over to the house to see the kids. It’s common to use family for childcare, especially in our culture, maybe they checked in on the kids the Friday he went to the beach?

I'm fairly certain these were on different days. The Friday beach trip was the day before MM was officially reported missing. Maricris's interview is referring to a visit some time (not sure exactly how long) after that weekend.

EDIT:
O re-reading your post I think I may have misunderstood sorry. It's a thought that they could have visited that day.

I had always assumed that LM's parents just came to stay after MM went missing to help LM with the kids. I guess.. where do his parents live? Is it feasible for them to pop by for the day to help with childcare. There hasn't been any comments in any of the interview's that LM's parents were there on Friday but I guess, if it was the case, it does answer some question marks about that day.

Last edited:
Okay, so I've listened to Maricris' description of the house again. She says there are four bedrooms upstairs. Two are occupied by the girls. The third is intended for the son but he's not currently using it. The fourth is the master bedroom. And the loft is separate and possibly used as another sleeping area. That's my interpretation anyway. Her description isn't fully clear to me but feel free to correct me if I am wrong. She describes it around the 38 minute mark

Edit: added a couple words (in italics) for clarity

i thought someone had found the house on an old re listing that had the indoor layout.

animated-bicycle-image-0053.gif
Going back and forth and hope this case is going somewhere. Going back to the search warrant's, and LE examining the house for evidence and also the collection of possible evidence. I haven't heard they took much other than computer(s) and impounded the car. Anyone know if they collected more from the home search? Just wondering what LE collected that may lead them to answers, and maybe even an arrest.
Regarding the Search Warrant Served on the Home

Search warrant is served at home of missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com
see Video also

Published: 8:39 AM PST January 24, 2021
Updated: 8:48 PM PST January 24, 2021

"Millete’s husband, Larry, told News 8 investigators seized property before leaving around 1 a.m. Sunday morning. Neighbors told her family they saw police using what appeared to be "forensic lights" although police would not confirm details about their actions."

"The focus of the search warrant is to locate any evidence or any clues as to her whereabouts. Obviously, we’re concerned that she is still missing," said Lt. Miriam Foxx with the Criminal Investigations Division. “I can’t give any details as to the investigation but I will say we’ve been actively investigating this case and we’re at the point now where we’re trying to get as much evidence and any clues that we have that it’s possible to find where May is."

Family of missing Chula Vista mother gather to look for answers | cbs8.com
Published: 5:38 AM PST February 5, 2021
Updated: 2:31 PM PST February 21, 2021

"Since Maya went missing on January 7, there has been some movement in the case. On January 23, detectives served a search warrant on her home. During the search, computers were taken from the home as evidence. Officers also impounded her Lexus SUV that had a custom license plate that read “MAYLANI.”'

BBM (Bolded by Me) and MOO

For those catching up on this case-- one more past article pertaining to the impounded vehicle. It's seems connected to LM's 10+ hour trip with son that Friday, the day after his argument with Maya.

Human remains in East County appear unrelated to missing mom | cbs8.com
Published: 6:54 PM PST February 4, 2021
Updated: 6:54 PM PST February 4, 2021
"...Chula Vista Police issued a statement on Thursday saying, “Maya's husband has retained a lawyer and is no longer fielding questions or requests to help CVPD find his wife."'

"Detectives served a search warrant on the house on January 23, taking computers from the home as evidence, Drouaillet said."

"Officers also impounded a black Lexus SUV, which the husband was believed to be driving on Friday, January 8, the day after Millete was last seen, according to family members. The SUV had a personalized license plate, MAYLANI."

"Larry Millete told officers he drove his four-year-old son to the beach in the Lexus on that Friday, according to family members, who also said they tried unsuccessfully that day to reach the husband on his cell phone."

“They left at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to go to Solana Beach and they didn't come back until about 5 p.m. in the afternoon,” Drouaillet said."

Missing Chula Vista Mom: Husband Retains Attorney, No Longer Answering Police Questions (fox5sandiego.com) Posted: Feb 3, 2021 / 07:54 PM PST / Updated: Feb 4, 2021 / 07:32 AM PST
"Authorities said Larry Millete turned over his cellphone early on in the search and that there had been no calls to their home before his wife’s disappearance."

BBM and MOO

Last edited:
For those catching up on this case-- one more past article pertaining to the impounded vehicle. It's seems connected to LM's 10+ hour trip with son that Friday, the day after his argument with Maya.

Human remains in East County appear unrelated to missing mom | cbs8.com
Published: 6:54 PM PST February 4, 2021
Updated: 6:54 PM PST February 4, 2021
"...Chula Vista Police issued a statement on Thursday saying, “Maya's husband has retained a lawyer and is no longer fielding questions or requests to help CVPD find his wife."'

"Detectives served a search warrant on the house on January 23, taking computers from the home as evidence, Drouaillet said."

"Officers also impounded a black Lexus SUV, which the husband was believed to be driving on Friday, January 8, the day after Millete was last seen, according to family members. The SUV had a personalized license plate, MAYLANI."

"Larry Millete told officers he drove his four-year-old son to the beach in the Lexus on that Friday, according to family members, who also said they tried unsuccessfully that day to reach the husband on his cell phone."

“They left at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to go to Solana Beach and they didn't come back until about 5 p.m. in the afternoon,” Drouaillet said."

Missing Chula Vista Mom: Husband Retains Attorney, No Longer Answering Police Questions (fox5sandiego.com) Posted: Feb 3, 2021 / 07:54 PM PST / Updated: Feb 4, 2021 / 07:32 AM PST
"Authorities said Larry Millete turned over his cellphone early on in the search and that there had been no calls to their home before his wife’s disappearance."

BBM and MOO

I don't think anyone is surprised. Just awful

I don't think anyone is surprised. Just awful
What's awful? LM's beach trip or his phone interview or silence? He got an attorney, but even his attorney doesn't speak. Sigh. It's been a month since the search of the home. LE took computers. I hope they dig up info from the computers. Gee, if someone went through my computer, they'd learn so much about me. Maya's phone hasn't been located, but I imagine LE can get the phone records. I often think of that phone , and try to imagine where it is now.

The investigation continues, and sadly Maya still hasn't been found. Prayers for all Maya's family to stay strong and take care of themselves.

All MOO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member