CA - Lady Gaga’s dog walker shot, 2 dogs stolen, Hollywood, 24 Feb 2021 *dogs found safe* *arrests* *Guilty*

The dog thief has friends, family and hopefully neighbours who will notice the dogs and be compelled to act on the reward.

If there were no high reward, they’d be putting themselves at risk of harm by tipping the police off. $500,000 means they can afford to temporarily relocate (imagine if it’s a housemate).

I’m sure this is about the attempted murder of her friend, and her dogs.

My dog was stolen in Toronto a few years ago. I offered $1000, which was enough to call attention to my search. A next-door neighbour of the thief tipped me off, and I got my beloved dog back safely. (Long story.)
I’m glad, as an aside I like to think John Locke is smiling somewhere or having a good chuckle.

How Assailants Carried Out the Shooting of Lady Gaga's Dog Walker and Robbery of Her French Bulldogs

“I’m sure he would take a bullet for those dogs,” Fischer’s close friend told Inside Edition. “He is dedicated 100% to those dogs.”

The violent shooting and dognapping happened in a popular area for dog walking in Hollywood. It’s the latest incident in a string of robberies targeting French bulldogs, which can sell for as much as $8,000.

In Houston, a couple was walking their bulldog when a car sped up to them and two men jumped out. One shot at the couple before the thieves swung the helpless dog by its collar and took off. Fortunately, police found the pooch unharmed nearby.

Another woman in San Francisco was jumped by three men at gunpoint who stole her French bulldog, Chloe.''

How can they resell if the dogs have chips?
What You Need To Know To Prevent Pet Theft
''Pet thieves will typically remove signs of identification, including microchips and GPS collars, and replace them with others. The dog will be trained to respond to a new name, taken to a new veterinarian, and perhaps microchipped with brand-new information.''

''Many times, a pet thief may not be aware your dog is microchipped, and taking him to a veterinarian may show the crime for what it is, and reunite you with your missing furry friend.''

The thing is....without their papers, they’re not worth nearly as much. And no breeder worth a dime would buy a dog to breed without having their papers.
I think these criminals are in over their heads. People like this just see $$$, but are clueless as to why they are so expensive. Many of them have to be artificially inseminated and deliver by c-section. Plus, you need a vast knowledge of their genetics in order to breed healthy pups.

I really hope that reward will get them caught sooner than later.

What You Need To Know To Prevent Pet Theft
''Pet thieves will typically remove signs of identification, including microchips and GPS collars, and replace them with others. The dog will be trained to respond to a new name, taken to a new veterinarian, and perhaps microchipped with brand-new information.''

''Many times, a pet thief may not be aware your dog is microchipped, and taking him to a veterinarian may show the crime for what it is, and reunite you with your missing furry friend.''
I adopted my daughter's dog when she went overseas and updated the chip with my name and details which were 80 miles away from the original details on the chip. I wonder if they keep the old details too.

The thing is....without their papers, they’re not worth nearly as much. And no breeder worth a dime would buy a dog to breed without having their papers.
I think these criminals are in over their heads. People like this just see $$$, but are clueless as to why they are so expensive. Many of them have to be artificially inseminated and deliver by c-section. Plus, you need a vast knowledge of their genetics in order to breed healthy pups.

I really hope that reward will get them caught sooner than later.

Thanks, @PetDetective for your intelligent post.

I believe the thieves probably do business with like-minded individuals -- this would all be "black market" dealings. Transactions where papers are fake and the buyers don't care. These individuals are not adopting an animal for life -- they're imitating a lifestyle. Satisfying a want, of the week.

MOO

rbbm.
Lady Gaga offers $500,000 reward for stolen French Bulldogs | National Post
''In October, a North Carolina breeder was held at gunpoint by thieves who made off with five puppies.

The smush-nosed dogs, which can sometimes be sold for several thousand dollars each, have long been a target of thieves because they are expensive and difficult to breed, said Brandi Hunter, a spokeswoman for the American Kennel Club. It recommends owners refrain from posting pictures of their Frenchies on social media – particularly if the photos include identifying information about where the owners live.

What is new about the recent thefts is the level of violence used
, said Andy Lopez, vice president of the French Bulldog Rescue Network, a national organization based in Connecticut.

Lopez said he has installed security cameras around his property to protect his dogs from thieves as well as predators.''

The incident is the latest of several violent thefts of French Bulldogs in the United States in recent months.

In January, a woman in San Francisco was attacked by thieves brandishing a gun who stole her French Bulldog puppy. In October, a North Carolina breeder was held at gunpoint by thieves who made off with five puppies.

The smush-nosed dogs, which can sometimes be sold for several thousand dollars each, have long been a target of thieves because they are expensive and difficult to breed, said Brandi Hunter, a spokeswoman for the American Kennel Club. It recommends owners refrain from posting pictures of their Frenchies on social media – particularly if the photos include identifying information about where the owners live.

What is new about the recent thefts is the level of violence used, said Andy Lopez, vice president of the French Bulldog Rescue Network, a national organization based in Connecticut.

Lopez said he has installed security cameras around his property to protect his dogs from thieves as well as predators.

The source close to Lady Gaga said the singer was urging anyone who has the dogs to contact kojiandgustav@gmail.com to return her pets and claim the reward, no questions asked.

On Thursday, the celebrity gossip site TMZ posted a video that it said was recorded by a neighbor’s security camera and shows the dogwalker being attacked. In the grainy images, a man screams “help me” as he appears to struggle with two people who pull up in a white car, before a gunshot is heard.
Lady Gaga offers $500,000 reward for stolen French Bulldogs | National Post

So was this incident part of a French bulldog–stealing epidemic? I spoke to pet investigator Karin TarQwyn to get some answers. Our conversation had been edited and condensed for clarity.

Can you tell me about the French bulldog?

The French bulldog is the most desirable and expensive dog. It would be hard to find a French bulldog puppy for under $3,500. Bulldogs are a hyped-up item. Somebody wouldn’t go into a grocery store, tie their bulldog up outside, and expect for the dog to still be there when they came back. Bulldogs have money on their paws.

Do you have a lot of French bulldog cases?

Yes, a lot. People really want French bulldogs—not just to sell, but to keep. The dog gets picked up by somebody, and instead of returning it, they make the decision to keep it. That’s what the case is 99 percent of the time.

French bulldogs are the hardest to get back. It takes a lot of reward money to get the dog back.

So French bulldog aren’t usually stolen?

The most commonly stolen dog is a French bulldog. But in most cases, people aren’t stealing the dog. Mostly, when a person takes what they think is a stray bulldog, they just think they’re being a Good Samaritan or abiding by “finders keepers.” Sometimes, the dogs are held for resale and reward.

Bulldogs are stolen—by which I mean, taken off their property with intent. But they’re not stolen as often as people think.

What happens when you get a bulldog case?

The first thing I ask is about the personality of their dog. People with French bulldogs almost always say their dog is friendly to strangers. I tell them that doing a written reward campaign is the best way to get the dog to come back—I don’t even have to come out there [to investigate]. Since chances are, with bulldogs, the dog wasn’t even out on the street two or three minutes before somebody picked them up. Somebody just wanted them for their own pet. It was random.

And the truth is that they’re not going to get in any trouble—the risk of taking a dog is not very high.

Why is that?

Police are never interested in the case, since it’s your word against the other person’s.

Someone will see a reward sign and call you up but will only give information if the police aren’t involved. So our signs always say the dog is “missing,” not “stolen.” People are more likely to respond to that. Like with this one case of mine with a French bulldog puppy in Tennessee, there was a $3,500 reward. This man called and said he found the puppy walking on the street. We know that’s not what happened. But he gave us the dog back, and we gave him the money.

What do you think about the Lady Gaga case?

This is very different than what I’ve seen before. They must have known they were Lady Gaga’s dogs. It’s weird that they shot the dog-walker. But these dogs are expensive. I don’t know what Lady Gaga paid for hers, but they’re probably really well-bred, so they’re going to go for more.

How common are violent dog-napping scenarios?

I don’t think I’ve ever had a case of a dog stolen at gun point. The people who steal dogs aren’t gun-toting people.
So Are French Bulldog Thieves Just Running Around Stealing Dogs?

Couple shot at, robbed of French bulldog near downtown Houston, police say

An armed man shot at two Houston men walking their French bulldog and stole their dog as well. I didn’t realize there was such a demand for Frenchies. Makes me nervous about walking my Doberman, sort of..she’s not small and easy to grab but still if they are going after breeds. I’ve always figured they would grab me, not my dog.

I’d bet good money that if her neighbors search their surveillance footage over the past few weeks, they’re going to see this vehicle.

They had to have been watching to figure out what time they went for walks.

rbbm.
LAPD Releases Suspect Descriptions After Lady Gaga’s Dogs Are Stolen, Dog Walker Shot
"The Los Angeles Police Department tells ET there was a shooting last night in Los Angeles at 9:40 p.m. on the 1500 block of Sierra Bonita Avenue.

Adding that the dog walker was shot once after struggling with the suspects. The suspects then took two of the two dogs.

Police describe the suspects as “a male Black, 20-25 years of age, blond dreadlocks, wearing a black hoodie, and armed with a semi-automatic handgun” and the second suspect as “a male Black, 20-25 years of age, wearing dark clothing.”

Ryan Fischer
| Credit: Ryan Fischer Instagram
Lady Gaga's Dog Walker 'Would Literally Lay Down His Life' for the Dogs He Cared For, Says Friend
"It's just heartbreaking and I know he must've been absolutely trying to protect them," Pescatore, whose own dog had been walked by Fischer for seven years in N.Y., said. "He would literally lay down his life for any one of our dogs and I certainly hope that that was not the case this time."

Describing Fischer as "amazing" at his job, Pescatore added that the dog walker "really took care of those dogs like they were his children and they were, I mean, he was unbelievable — kind, kind, gentle man."

"He was actually really an artist and he was actually leaving. He was actually leaving the profession in just a few months. He was wrapping up his gig with Gaga and leaving to go and do his artist thing," Pescatore said.''

I think it's random. Would be foolish to target a high profile celebrity dogs. The dog walker might not have been shot if he didn't resist and kept screaming. They might have followed him , looks planned out , they had a gun , masks??, I wonder if anyone else in the neighborhood have footage that can get a plate number , who's knows if they were staking out on the street , hopefully the dog walker lives and can give more clues to catch these guys

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back