GUILTY OK - Lawrence Paul Anderson, 42, early prison release, kills 3, Chickasha, 09 Feb 2021

watcher9

Reaction score
An Oklahoma man who was released early from prison in January (18 Jan 2021) as part of a mass commutation effort is now accused of killing three people in a gruesome case.

Man released early from prison accused of killing 3, including cutting neighbor’s heart out | WSAV-TV

A convicted felon in Oklahoma who had recently been paroled is now accused of murdering a neighbor, cooking the victim’s heart, and then murdering his uncle and a 4-year-old girl at a home where he had been staying on Feb. 9.

Lawrence Paul Anderson, 42, allegedly admitted that he murdered 41-year-old mother of two Andrea Lynn Blankenship in her home and cut out her heart to cook it and eat it. The Oklahoman, citing a quote from an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent’s search warrant application, described a heinous crime: “He took the heart back to 214 West Minnesota, Chickasha […] He cooked the heart with potatoes to feed to his family to release the demons.”

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/he-co...accused-of-heinous-triple-murder-in-oklahoma/

Suspect Cooked Victim’s Heart and Served It With Potatoes: Cops

Why a Chickasha triple murder suspect got out of prison for past crimes after just 3 years

I’m sick about this. My sons old me about it yesterday and I thought they were kidding with me. Unbelievable! What a waste of a human! Chickasha is only 30 minutes from me.

I worked for OK State agencies my whole career. I’m so disappointed with the OK PPB. I worked for the State Physician Licensing and Disciplinary Actions Board. Board Members are Governor appointed. The PPB includes other officials making appointments. Heads better roll. From top down. I hope they don’t pass the buck.

The Pardon and Parole Board (PPB) is established through Article VI, Section 10 of the Oklahoma Constitution. The five-member, part-time board is charged with making impartial investigations and reviews of applicants for commutations, pardons, paroles and clemencies. The PPB may grant parole for non-violent offenses, including specific restrictions, limitations, and services as deemed proper. In addition, the PPB may make recommendations to the Governor regarding commutations, pardons, and paroles for violent offenses, including suggestions regarding restrictions, limitations, and services as deemed appropriate. Members of the Board are appointed. Three (3) are appointed by the Governor, one (1) by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and one (1) by the presiding Judge of the Court of Criminal Appeals. The Board holds office coterminous with the Governor.
Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board - Board Members

A man accused of cutting out and eating a woman's heart to "release the demons" made his first appearance in a central Oklahoma courthouse Tuesday afternoon.

Triple homicide suspect Lawrence Paul Anderson sobbed during a remote hearing in Grady County Court.

Following his arrest, Anderson told an OSBI agent that he went to Blankenship’s home, killed her and cut out her heart. He then took the heart back to the Pyes residence.

“Anderson then cooked the heart at the Pye home and tried to make Delsie and Leon Pye eat the heart before he attacked them,” the report said.

The warrant said he tried to feed his family the heart to “release the demons.”

Anderson was denied bail. He is facing three counts of murder in the first degree, plus charges of assault and battery with a deadly weapon and maiming.

District Attorney Jason Hicks said the death penalty is on the table. Hicks said Anderson has a long record of criminal activity, including drug distribution and possession charges, feloniously pointing a firearm, robbery, domestic abuse and assault and battery.

Hicks held a press conference following the hearing to discuss problems with criminal justice reform in Oklahoma. He confirmed that Anderson was serving a 20-year sentence, which had been reduced to nine years, but he ended up only serving three years. Anderson was also allowed to waive his parole.

“I really think an offenders such as this should not have been able to even apply for a commutation,” Hicks said.

The district attorney said he has been in contact with Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt’s office to discuss problems with criminal justice reform.

Anderson was released about three weeks before the recent allegations that he killed three people.

“There’s a 4-year-old now that’s no longer with us. There are members of a family who are never going to see their relative again,” Hicks said.

On Feb. 9, Chickasha Police responded to the 200 Block of Minnesota Ave. after a 911 call was made from the Pye residence, but the caller hung up. When officers arrived, they could hear someone inside, calling for help. Once inside, officers discovered four injured people. Leon and Kaeos were pronounced dead at the scene and Delsie was severely injured. Police reported Anderson was vomiting in the living room onto some pillows.

Delsie was taken to the hospital for treatment. The OSBI said she has since been treated and released.

Anderson was also taken to the hospital for injuries, then released and taken to the jail Feb. 15.
OSBI: Chickasha triple homicide suspect cut out victim’s heart, ate it

Anderson sobbed in court during an initial court appearance Tuesday, The Oklahoman reported.

“I don’t want no bail, your honor. I don’t want no bail,” he said.

Anderson’s attorney, Al Hoch, indicated that he will seek a mental evaluation to determine whether Anderson is competent to stand trial.

Grady County District Attorney Jason Hicks criticized the criminal justice reform that led to the commutations of hundreds of Oklahoma inmates.

“It is time that we do better,” Hicks said. “If we have the highest incarceration rate in the world, OK. We can look at our citizens and be honest with them and tell them that you’re safe. I can’t tell the people in my district today that they’re safe.”

Jason Nelson, Oklahoma’s interim secretary for public safety, has said that the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board recommended commutation for Anderson on a 3-1 vote.
Oklahoma man released early from prison accused in 3 deaths – WPRI.com

Yes, it is very disturbing, but this man should never have been jailed. He is completely mentally ill. Is there no place, outside of jail for the seriously mentally ill?
It’s an epidemic - the mentally ill talking and walking the streets. Trying to keep beds open for new arrivals, inpatient state facilities are releasing and referring more and more patients for outpatient services. Once released, there aren’t enough checkpoints in place to ensure patient complies with recommendations. Moo - I think once a patient is released, they likely return to former lifestyle and environment to begin the cycle all over again.

Anderson sobbed in court during an initial court appearance Tuesday, The Oklahoman reported.

“I don’t want no bail, your honor. I don’t want no bail,” he said.

Anderson’s attorney, Al Hoch, indicated that he will seek a mental evaluation to determine whether Anderson is competent to stand trial.

Grady County District Attorney Jason Hicks criticized the criminal justice reform that led to the commutations of hundreds of Oklahoma inmates.

“It is time that we do better,” Hicks said. “If we have the highest incarceration rate in the world, OK. We can look at our citizens and be honest with them and tell them that you’re safe. I can’t tell the people in my district today that they’re safe.”

Jason Nelson, Oklahoma’s interim secretary for public safety, has said that the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board recommended commutation for Anderson on a 3-1 vote.
Oklahoma man released early from prison accused in 3 deaths – WPRI.com

It’s an epidemic - the mentally ill talking and walking the streets. Trying to keep beds open for new arrivals, inpatient state facilities are releasing and referring more and more patients for outpatient services. Once released, there aren’t enough checkpoints in place to ensure patient complies with recommendations. Moo - I think once a patient is released, they likely return to former lifestyle and environment to begin the cycle all over again.

Prisons all over the country have been letting loose criminals that should never have been released and I feel we will have many more cases of violent criminals being released in the future.

IMO, many of them have released prisoners who have served a long time or with drug convictions because drugs seem to be reclassified as a minor offense and prison time should not be excessive. In this case, I believe the board grouped all drug offenders into a massive group set for commutation. He was only one of many. I imagine they looked at Anderson's file which showed his 20 yr sentence for probation violations in a previous drug case had already been lowered down to only nine years and his previous convictions had been mainly about drugs. They figured his case wasn't so serious and so they let him out. We don't know if he showed violent activities during his time in prison.

'Anderson’s repeat incarceration history began in 2006 when he was sentenced for possession of crack cocaine and for threatening his girlfriend with a gun. He reportedly served less than two years of a four-year sentence. Six years after he was first sentenced, Anderson was sentenced to 15 years for selling crack near an elementary school. Five years into that sentence in 2017, he was released from prison again, but his sentence also included two decades of probation. According to the report, Anderson quickly violated parole by possessing a gun and using PCP and cocaine, he was imprisoned the same year to serve 20 years.'

Lawrence Anderson: Oklahoma murder suspect confesses to killing and cutting neighbor's heart out to cook it

From your link.

Anderson had been sentenced in 2017 to 20 years in prison for probation violations on a drug case, the newspaper reported. Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt commuted the sentence last year to nine years in prison, and Anderson was released after serving a little more than three years.

Prisons all over the country have been letting loose criminals that should never have been released and I feel we will have many more cases of violent criminals being released in the future.

IMO, many of them have released prisoners who have served a long time or with drug convictions because drugs seem to be reclassified as a minor offense and prison time should not be excessive. In this case, I believe the board grouped all drug offenders into a massive group set for commutation. He was only one of many. I imagine they looked at Anderson's file which showed his 20 yr sentence for probation violations in a previous drug case had already been lowered down to only nine years and his previous convictions had been mainly about drugs. They figured his case wasn't so serious and so they let him out. We don't know if he showed violent activities during his time in prison.

'Anderson’s repeat incarceration history began in 2006 when he was sentenced for possession of crack cocaine and for threatening his girlfriend with a gun. He reportedly served less than two years of a four-year sentence. Six years after he was first sentenced, Anderson was sentenced to 15 years for selling crack near an elementary school. Five years into that sentence in 2017, he was released from prison again, but his sentence also included two decades of probation. According to the report, Anderson quickly violated parole by possessing a gun and using PCP and cocaine, he was imprisoned the same year to serve 20 years.'

Lawrence Anderson: Oklahoma murder suspect confesses to killing and cutting neighbor's heart out to cook it

From your link.

Anderson had been sentenced in 2017 to 20 years in prison for probation violations on a drug case, the newspaper reported. Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt commuted the sentence last year to nine years in prison, and Anderson was released after serving a little more than three years.

Board meetings process:
State employees of the Board do all the work before hand. Policies and procedures should be followed in obtaining information and documentation according to Administrative Law. Preparing files. Meetings are usually held quarterly unless Emergency Orders are necessary. Board members are prepped with summaries before meetings. Board members show up. Proper meeting protocol runs the meetings. Files are divided up and equally distributed to Board Members. Files and cases are reviewed. Motions are made. Call for votes. Board Orders and Minutes are prepared for signatures and notification. Board Members leave.

Omg, this hits way too close to home. So close it’s scary. My daughter just dropped by on her lunch hour. We were talking about when she was playing high school softball and all of a sudden, she dropped a bombshell on me. She asked me if I remembered Andrea Houck from high school. I said no - she said oh, yes you do, she spent the nightwirh us a few times and then she described her. I then remembered her. She was my daughter’s best friend’s ex-husband’s first wife. Her name was then changed to Andrea Blankenship. Omg, it was her. The ex’s father has been texting my daughter’s best friend telling her all about what happened to Andrea. I was getting cold chills and goosebumps on my arms while was telling me all about it. This is just way too damn close for comfort. Of course, the rumors are flying - saying yes, she was a random neighbor but other neighbors are calling it a hate crime because they heard the guy calling her a white before it happened. Wow, I’ve got to see those text messages. I will find a way...

In February, Lawrence Anderson was charged in connection with the deaths of Kaoes Yates, 4, Leon Pye, 67, and Andrea Lynn Blankenship, 41.

Disturbing court documents state that Anderson confessed to killing his uncle, Pye, and the 4-year-old girl and injuring a third victim, Delsi Pye, during a stabbing on Feb. 9 at a home in the 200 block of West Minnesota. He also told investigators that he first killed a woman at a neighboring house, saying he had broken into the house through a back door.

“Information has been presented to me by Tom Bates, Director of the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board, which raises concerns that violations of state law and/or violations of the rules of the Pardon and Parole Board may have been committed affecting the recommendations of the Board related to (Anderson and Perez),” Stitt wrote. “As your investigation proceeds, if you believe these concerns to be justified and may extend to cases beyond those of the two inmates listed above, please advise me of the same so that I may expand the scope of your investigation.”

CLICK HERE to read Stitt's full letter to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

https://www.koco.com/article/gov-stitt-asks-osbi-to-investigate-chickasha-triple-homicide-suspects-commutation/35717682

An Oklahoma man has been sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to killing three people, including a woman whose heart was cut from her body, weeks after being released from prison as part of a mass commutation effort.

WARNING: Details of the story may be disturbing.

Lawrence Paul Anderson, 44, pleaded guilty Wednesday in Grady County District Court to three counts of murder and single counts of maiming and assault and battery.

Anderson was sentenced to life without parole as part of a plea deal in which prosecutor Jason Hicks dropped plans to seek the death penalty at the request of the victims’ families.

“They don’t want a trial,” Hicks said at a news conference after the sentencing. “They don’t want to sit in a courtroom and listen to all the gory details of what happened to their loved ones.”

Investigators said Anderson broke into the home of Andrea Lynn Blankenship, 41, fatally stabbed her and cut out her heart, taking it to the home of his uncle and aunt, Leon Pye and Delsie Pye.

Anderson then cooked and tried to serve the heart to the Pyes, then fatally stabbed Leon Pye, 67, and his 4-year-old granddaughter, Kaeos Yates, and wounding his aunt, Delsie Pye, authorities said.

During sentencing Delsie Pye, 66, said she is heartbroken that a family member would commit such a crime.

Tasha Yates, the mother of Kaeos Yates, cursed Anderson before rushing out of the courtroom.

“Who kills a baby ... who does that?” Yates yelled.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back