UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the natural action would be to park in the nags car park and walk down if you were inviting her for a drink? I suspect GF of at least knowledge as I do Jk & SC. “When we get her back she won’t be the same” “we will need to put her back together” “dead before she hit the ground” “we can talk about her in the past tense” and many other quotes make me curious about what the community does know. Depends wether you consider it a planned event or an accidental jealous moment. To be fair to the investigation you are best placed to consider both and remain open minded.
GF,JK and SC might have had knowledge but they would have imparted that knowledge to the police by now collectively or individually .
They would have had suspicions for sure . SC said herself she started suspecting every body ... what a position to be in bless her .

A63CA2A8-93DE-4311-8173-11CE726B94B3.png I have just seen a short clip on WS news ? Of Martin Dales talking about his friend Peter Lawrence ... any idea how I can see the whole interview?

GF,JK and SC might have had knowledge but they would have imparted that knowledge to the police by now collectively or individually .
They would have had suspicions for sure . SC said herself she started suspecting every body ... what a position to be in bless her .
Yes they believe possibly abducted on route to work by a stranger :)

I think the suv owner must have had a pretty decent reason to be there if the police discounted his involvement
Wouldn’t trust the early investigation team personally. The suv was ruled out the same day the driver come forward. So we’re tests carried out or was this persons name as ruled out just not wanted to be publicly named or followed up. This could happen for example if this person was a police or ex police officer x

Just to confuse everyone even more: which window would Rodney Ballard’ s witness be looking out from ... his field of vision ( perhaps it was the old man ? Which house did he live in ? )
I am referring to that famous or infamous drawing of the strangulation ?
Did anyone witness this scene? Could it have happened around the time this was going on and not in the morning ?
I don’t believe in psychics btw .
probably the nags pub pope x

The reason she isn’t seen on the 19th anywhere is because she took her rucksack, hair straighteners and left to elsewhere - either in the suv or the front car, the only doubts in my mind re this scenario are 1. She was conscientious and wouldn’t get up to mischief on a school (work ) night.
2. When she had the calls to her parents/ her friend - she was walking to work the next day. So my only thinking here must be this was an impromptu rendezvous.

I wonder If Claudia had something all ready in her rucksack to give someone the next morning. But perhaps they were not willing to wait; or had been 'mucked about before', and their lack of patience got the better of them?

Thus; Claudia had everything ready in her rucksack, expecting to drop something off to someone in the morning. And then expecting to carry on with a normal day

However; as others have stated, the rucksack could have been taken just to make it look as if Claudia had set off for work

Perhaps though, it could be a combination of the above

I was thinking of when Jen said Claudia housed her when she had nothing, not a item to her name to flee a relationship. I wonder if mistaken identity after that ex had a tip off of an address for Jen of 46 Heworth road x

I think you have repeatedly missed the point I am making. The Ford rangers are different. Did the owner with an alibi come forward and suggest it was him?l when in fact it was the other Ford Ranger driver?

The other vehicle is clearly different and does not have to chrome roll bar and window tints.

Who could have access to cars that would allow them to obtain 2 that looked similar. I'm not saying the idea is not plausible; as it seems lots of incidents seem very strange with planning and 'craftiness'.

But surely this could narrow people down; such as someone who works in a car showroom for example. Because how often is it that your best mate has a vehicle identical to your own?

Could it be considered that 1 person did own a Ford Ranger and the other person acquired a Ford Ranger from somewhere?

my views have changed repeatedly on this since I read ML’s blog and previous WS posts.
My opinion as of this evening is that CL gets a quiet knock on the Door around at 8:45 - 9pm before she heads to bed. She gets up off the sofa to answer and is is frog marched
Straight out of the house by known person/s. She enters the SUV vehicle through the rear near side door and sits behind the drivers seat. She is joined by someone else who ensure she stays put. Possibly a little uncomfortable for her but she may feel it relates to a recent event that needs to be discussed. There is someone in her house and has been for a while so she becomes anxious. Looks over her shoulder at the site of vehicle lights behind her hoping to see someone familiar.
Her phone is used to send a text message to JK which will be used as a reason as to why she didn’t check in on her sooner.
Not sure what time the message to JK is sent but does this seem Feasible?
Her house is straightened up, possibly searched, and made to look as if she had headed to work the following morning. The question is, why would her phone remain on? Does it stay at her house or is it taken into the SUV? Phone data needed.
They head off into the night taking her rucksack and the SUV is spotted on bus CCTV.
The fact they have two SUVs of similar appearance would allow one to be a decoy. Police want to trace the owner, one willingly comes forward to claim it was him.... was it? Did they check his vehicle against the CCTV to realise it was in fact not the same? Did the sniffer dogs and forensics draw a blank as a result, possibly.
This would explain how she was removed from the area and no crime scene was made.The magnitude of the situation probably hit home as they were making their way out of Heworth but it was too late.
Quite a risk to pull a move like this next to a pub on a main road. But from seeing McIntyres report the area wasn’t well lit and if they did bump into someone they knew on HR there was no crime committed so could send her back indoors probably a bit shaken but unharmed.

And can this explain the activity from earlier in the night with 'Dark Alley ' and 'White Coat' persons. Were they checking that Claudia was at home?; ready for later. Or had they tried unsuccessfully to retrieve something from Claudia

Wouldn't the police know what car he drives then, and say they are looking for other car owner

Thats kind of the point I am making, they clearly couldn’t make out the reg and if someone claiming to own that vehicle, presents a vehicle of the same description to them with a reason to be in the area would they necessarily have cross checked with CCTV to make sure it was the same? Let’s face it the NYP haven’t disclosed a lot of information that has been found by this forum. There are a lot of question marks about their conduct in the search.

I admit this theory is based on the fact the other SUV on google SV was suggested as being one and the same as Wednesday evening vehicle. It may be that information was wrong which contradicts all my earlier points
Who could have access to cars that would allow them to obtain 2 that looked similar. I'm not saying the idea is not plausible; as it seems lots of incidents seem very strange with planning and 'craftiness'.

But surely this could narrow people down; such as someone who works in a car showroom for example. Because how often is it that your best mate has a vehicle identical to your own?

Could it be considered that 1 person did own a Ford Ranger and the other person acquired a Ford Ranger from somewhere?

It was suggested that there were a couple of people who drove similar vehicles that drank in the NH. Was this know to the police, how did The Major uncover this?

it is purely misdirection like all the best magic. The chap with the clean suv presents himself immediately to the police and that then stops further digging into the CCTV outside her house. His car may have been searched but he would have nothing to fear. Meanwhile the dirty suv is parked perhaps out of sight for a couple of months to prevent those questions being asked.

I still believe the CCTV from Limes court showing the lurker is not overly relevant but the progress we have made with the bus CCTV looks much more interesting. This should be cleaned up and definitely reviewed by the cold case team

With respect if all this happened as you describe What was the motif ?
And may I point out that while all this was going on JK was working in the pub .

That my friend is the million dollar question. I think that is a major missing part of the puzzle. it may have been Blackmail, marriage wrecker, family links, jealous boyfriend but is any of this true? We just don’t know.

Having such a tangled personal life must have made it incredibly difficult to make sense of.
I am sure all the arrested suspects posed that question to NYP, “why would I harm her” they just don’t have the answer

edited for clarity

Those chrome roll bars could be added or removed if you wanted to temporarily change the look of the SUV for a specific use, equally they cold be added after the event to change the look of the vehicle which would successfully confuse the identification for most people.
Perhaps look at someone who is interested in cars, performance cars and the customising of them.
With that in mind I think John Carey one of the males involved in the York boy racer high speed chase and crash a closer look.

Thats kind of the point I am making, they clearly couldn’t make out the reg and if someone claiming to own that vehicle, presents a vehicle of the same description to them with a reason to be in the area would they necessarily have cross checked with CCTV to make sure it was the same? Let’s face it the NYP haven’t disclosed a lot of information that has been found by this forum. There are a lot of question marks about their conduct in the search.

I admit this theory is based on the fact the other SUV on google SV was suggested as being one and the same as Wednesday evening vehicle. It may be that information was wrong which contradicts all my earlier points

It was suggested that there were a couple of people who drove similar vehicles that drank in the NH. Was this know to the police, how did The Major uncover this?

it is purely misdirection like all the best magic. The chap with the clean suv presents himself immediately to the police and that then stops further digging into the CCTV outside her house. His car may have been searched but he would have nothing to fear. Meanwhile the dirty suv is parked perhaps out of sight for a couple of months to prevent those questions being asked.

I still believe the CCTV from Limes court showing the lurker is not overly relevant but the progress we have made with the bus CCTV looks much more interesting. This should be cleaned up and definitely reviewed by the cold case team
It was said two similar suvs were owned by nags head regulars. One was Jim melsom(landlord) other is not named x

The most interesting thing about cctv wether we like to admit it or not is that some things on it are either not appearing, not appearing as they should, disguised or ommitted for some reason. Its challenging.
But some times it throws up interesting things.
Take this shot of vehicles out side Claudia's house on weds evening
Were there other vehicles outside Claudia's that night and were they strategically placed cutting off the pavement area either end of the SUV and the red vehicle I'll call it a volkswagon beetle because thats how I see it, restricting anyone walking down the pavememnt outside of Claudia's.
Previously when discussing the last vehicle outside CL when the bus passes a rear end reg plate was noted as being seen. Surely for this to be seen as the bus passes the vehicle would have to have been parked at an angle ie front over the pavement back end facing the road..

upload_2021-2-26_12-11-7.png

Rear end shot of last vehicle can just be seen under MPH: 16
upload_2021-2-26_12-21-40.png

It seems the police thought that the number of people owning a Ford Ranger around the area was limited (thats not to say that the Ranger was owned by someone not living in the area).
Like most I have spent many hours on Google street walk looking for similar. Ive also kept my eyes peeled when looking at other crimes in York around that time just on the off chance of finding any possible links.
The Elvington Cannabis Factory based on the Elvington Business/Ind estate prompted a streetwalk around the estate to see if anything else flagged up.
These vehicles caught my attention. Its unclear which company the SUV vehicles belong to Playscheme an Outdoor Play equipment company or Formula temporary exibition erectors?

upload_2021-2-26_12-17-18.png

Those chrome roll bars could be added or removed if you wanted to temporarily change the look of the SUV for a specific use, equally they cold be added after the event to change the look of the vehicle which would successfully confuse the identification for most people.
Perhaps look at someone who is interested in cars, performance cars and the customising of them.
With that in mind I think John Carey one of the males involved in the York boy racer high speed chase and crash a closer look.

I would agree but to then tint the windows and fit the roll bar later seems a stretch. It may be the police checked both vehicles and ascertained they were one and the same. But in an investigation that remains opened and no closer to being resolved everything needs evaluating to ensure nobody was complacent

The most interesting thing about cctv wether we like to admit it or not is that some things on it are either not appearing, not appearing as they should, disguised or ommitted for some reason. Its challenging.
But some times it throws up interesting things.
Take this shot of vehicles out side Claudia's house on weds evening
Were there other vehicles outside Claudia's that night and were they strategically placed cutting off the pavement area either end of the SUV and the red vehicle I'll call it a volkswagon beetle because thats how I see it, restricting anyone walking down the pavememnt outside of Claudia's.
Previously when discussing the last vehicle outside CL when the bus passes a rear end reg plate was noted as being seen. Surely for this to be seen as the bus passes the vehicle would have to have been parked at an angle ie front over the pavement back end facing the road..

View attachment 286064

Rear end shot of last vehicle can just be seen under MPH: 16
View attachment 286067

It seems the police thought that the number of people owning a Ford Ranger around the area was limited (thats not to say that the Ranger was owned by someone not living in the area).
Like most I have spent many hours on Google street walk looking for similar. Ive also kept my eyes peeled when looking at other crimes in York around that time just on the off chance of finding any possible links.
The Elvington Cannabis Factory based on the Elvington Business/Ind estate prompted a streetwalk around the estate to see if anything else flagged up.
These vehicles caught my attention. Its unclear which company the SUV vehicles belong to Playscheme an Outdoor Play equipment company or Formula temporary exibition erectors?

View attachment 286066

I am hopeless at posting images but just want to mention that if you look at the picture of the Audi TT i posted previously you will see the rear reg plate is on the boot lid. The VW Beetles is lower down on the rear bumper.
This would make it more noticeable especially when parked at a slight angle on the kerb.
The irritating thing here isn’t that there has been no mention of the white van parked on the opposite side. This may have been fitted with a dash cam and would have been visible on CCTV pointing down HR. He could have been involved or witnessed the events unfold, why were they hung up on the Astra van instead?

Another interesting bus cam shot shows vehicles on the NHead front forecourt
I am hopeless at posting images but just want to mention that if you look at the picture of the Audi TT i posted previously you will see the rear reg plate is on the boot lid. The VW Beetles is lower down on the rear bumper.
This would make it more noticeable especially when parked at a slight angle on the kerb.
The irritating thing here isn’t that there has been no mention of the white van parked on the opposite side. This may have been fitted with a dash cam and would have been visible on CCTV pointing down HR. He could have been involved or witnessed the events unfold, why were they hung up on the Astra van instead?

Just to be clear I am pointing out that there is possibly a vehicle parked at an angle after the the vehicle beetle or audi.
From what I can see wether its a beetle or audi that vehicle is parked face on to the Dark SUV.

Another interesting bus cam shot shows vehicles on the NHead front forecourt

Just to be clear I am pointing out that there is possibly a vehicle parked at an angle after the the vehicle beetle or audi.
From what I can see wether its a beetle or audi that vehicle is parked face on to the Dark SUV.

I can make out only the SUV and the mystery car. If you follow the bus footage as it passes by there doesn’t appear to be a third vehicle. Also looking at street view, there just isn’t the depth from the road to property to park a car at right angles to the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley