Russian diplomats leave North Korea by hand-pushed rail trolley, February 25, 2021

Reaction score
Russian diplomats in North Korea had to find a different way to leave the country after it has closed all its borders for passage. The diplomats, and their family members, among them young children, had travelled by train, and bus, for 32 hours, but had to use a hand-pushed train trolley the last 1 km (0,6 miles), and over a bridge to get into Russia, where they were met, and taken to the airport, and the final stretch home.
North Korea: Russian diplomats leave by hand-pushed trolley

When my parents escaped Latvia in 1944 when the Soviet army came thru - they escaped to the Baltic Sea and took a hand-pushed trolley on a small gauge rail 36 miles north - and then a fishing boat across the Baltic landing in Gotland, Sweden....
These guys only had to do it for .6 miles - ....

When my parents escaped Latvia in 1944 when the Soviet army came thru - they escaped to the Baltic Sea and took a hand-pushed trolley on a small gauge rail 36 miles north - and then a fishing boat across the Baltic landing in Gotland, Sweden....
:eek: Holy cow!!

Wonder what you have to do to have access to the trolley -- looks like a nifty vehicle!

Glad everything worked for these families!

Well, in most cases when diplomats leave a country today it's usually arranged, and an easy trip, in this case they had to do a long trip to get back home from a closed country.

As for leaving their homes during/after the WWII, my parents had to flee twice, once in the middle of winter of 1939/1940, the second time in 1944. For my mother, and every one in her county, it was at least 150 km with horse and wagon in freezing cold the first time. For my father a much shorter trip, as his childhood home were only a few km away from the Finland/Russia border of today, and the new family home today is less than 5 km from that border.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back