Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching Spencer Wilson's Twitter feed right now.

LS is indignant as ever. She's also exhausting and unpredictable.

She will be a fascinating case study for many who study the inner workings of the human mind, especially in murder cases.

One thing that stays with me, is that I feel she HATED Gannon Stauch, every second, of every day. IMO

worse than i'd ever imagined
https://twitter.com/Spencer_WNews/status/1365374495909949448?s=20
Judge warns if she was removed for behavior or just not showing up, the case will go on without her. #LeteciaStauch is just responding with “Yes sir.” “I’m a believer of Christ, this is what I’m confident in.”

“Sir I understand that but I’m so confident in two pieces of evidence that no science or scientists could refute.” Judge says “well don’t tell them to us right now.” Judge. “Isn’t it fair to say that evidence won’t come in?” Stauch- “It will.”
(each tweet is worse than the preceding tweet..
This is utterly insane!)

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]12m
Replying to @ColetteBordelon
"I think I could do it on my own sir. It's a constitutional right that I have," said #Stauch. She doesn't believe experts in the legal system hold much value in this case. The judge tells her it typically doesn't go well for those who represent themselves. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 11m
"As we sit here today, you don't know how you would introduce evidence. Is that fair?" That's fair, says #Stauch. The judge asks if she thinks an attorney with experience would be helpful. Stauch says no, because she has "23 hours a day" to work, while they only have a couple.

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 8m
Now the judge compares this situation to a dentist. Asks Stauch if she would have taken a drill to her own mouth, rather than having an expert do it. #Stauch says this is different. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 10m
Judge: "There's a fundamental risk that you may not understand the rules of evidence and procedure as well as someone with experience... and that could very well work to your detriment. Do you understand that?" Stauch: "Yes sir." @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 11m
#Stauch compares this situation to poker, and believes she has an "ace in the hole" on this case, insinuating she is innocent. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 7m
Judge: "It sounds as though if the attorneys were able to be there, and be there in person, you would feel differently?" Stauch: "I wouldn't know sir, it's been a year." Stauch says her situation is different than any other inmate. "It would be better for me to represent myself."

Stauch calls her attorneys "fine ladies," but blames the jail for not being allowed to meet with them like she should be. "That's the reason I want my own discovery and evidence. It's not a conflict." She says it's not because they haven't tried to do their job. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 1m
If we were to get close to trial and #Stauch changed her mind and wanted an attorney, the court could find it's just a delay tactic, and she could be stuck with her decision. He wants her to understand that possibility is there. "They went over that with me," said Stauch. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 1m
#Stauch says she knows those two pieces of evidence will come into the courtroom under the rules. The judge says that's a pretty big gamble to take. Stauch says she doesn't think so. She doesn't want a different counsel to advise her on if she should represent herself. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 3m
Stauch says she's a "believer in Christ," and she goes with what he tells her, and "this is what she's confident in... I am so confident in the fact that there's two pieces of evidence, that no science can discredit, and it will clear my name." @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 5m
"If you were to misbehave in a courtroom, I would have you removed, and the case would continue on," says the Judge. He doesn't say #Stauch has been doing that. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 6m
Judge asks if #Stauch understands the significant amount of evidence in the case. "It doesn't matter the significant amount, I'm still entitled to that," said #Stauch. If she doesn't have the time to go through it, that would not stop the case.@KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 7m
Allen says there's roughly 30,000 pages of discovery in this case. The investigation extended from northern El Paso County, all the way to Florida and South Carolina. "This is an extensive case. It would be very difficult for somebody just getting discovery to get up to speed."

Stauch wants to waive the preliminary hearings scheduled in March (proof evident, presumption great). Stauch: "I know what evidence there is, I can't say certain things 'cause it's on recording, I have to protect myself, I need to keep quiet about that part." @KOAA

Spencer Wilson @Spencer_WNews 2m
“Sir I know it sounds audacious...but I was very good at poker. You gotta know when to hold them or when to fold them. I wouldn’t be this confident without an ace in the hole.” Wow. Words from #LeteciaStauch, That’s a rough quote, I was typing as she was speaking. But wow.

Spencer Wilson @Spencer_WNews 3m
Judge is now asking her is she understands the very basic parts of being a lawyer. #LeteciaStauch says she can learn by reading some books in the meantime. Judge says “so, as of right now you can’t do this?” Stauch is very stubborn on this.
BBM-
She actually said this to the judge ???
Just OMG !!!
She has gone over the edge.
Well, good-- she will mess this up <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]6m
It sounds like the judge, defense, and prosecution don't have an exact answer right now on if #Stauch waives those hearings, could the prosecution still present their evidence? #Stauch and her attorneys are now in a private room to discuss. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]8m
The judge says that's not a question he was prepared to answer. He does say that neither side is required to accept a stipulation from the other side, but it is possible that even if #Stauch waives the hearings, the prosecution could still present their evidence. @KOAA

[URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon 9m
Stauch's final answer is that she wants to represent herself. The judge asks if she wants to make this decision today, or proceed to the preliminary hearings (March 11&12), and then make the decision. Stauch would like to know if the prosecution can "force having the hearing."[/URL]

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]10m
If we were to get close to trial and #Stauch changed her mind and wanted an attorney, the court could find it's just a delay tactic, and she could be stuck with her decision. He wants her to understand that possibility is there. "They went over that with me," said Stauch. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]11m
#Stauch says she knows those two pieces of evidence will come into the courtroom under the rules. The judge says that's a pretty big gamble to take. Stauch says she doesn't think so. She doesn't want a different counsel to advise her on if she should represent herself. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]11m
Stauch says she's a "believer in Christ," and she goes with what he tells her, and "this is what she's confident in... I am so confident in the fact that there's two pieces of evidence, that no science can discredit, and it will clear my name." @KOAA

[URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon 12m"If you were to misbehave in a courtroom, I would have you removed, and the case would continue on," says the Judge. He doesn't say #Stauch has been doing that. @KOAA
[/URL]
[URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon [/URL]14m
Judge asks if #Stauch understands the significant amount of evidence in the case. "It doesn't matter the significant amount, I'm still entitled to that," said #Stauch. If she doesn't have the time to go through it, that would not stop the case. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]15m
Allen says there's roughly 30,000 pages of discovery in this case. The investigation extended from northern El Paso County, all the way to Florida and South Carolina. "This is an extensive case. It would be very difficult for somebody just getting discovery to get up to speed."

Sitting on my hands.

Because if I post how I really feel, I'd get a time-out for sure.

SMH.

ETA: Found this gem of a quotation:

"The man who defends himself in court has a fool for a lawyer and a jackass for a client."

JMVHO.

Last edited:
"Judge, I was very good at poker. It's like they say, you gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em!"

^^^^^ This was actually said by LS in her hearing today when she agreed that she understood and was willingly deciding to fire her defense and represent herself! :eek::D

Bullet point summary of the hearing:
  • She has constitutional rights
  • She's highly educated (according to her, not a fact)
  • She's treated differently & horribly by the jail
  • She tried to refuse advisory counsel but judge still assigned someone in case she refuses to proceed with her defense or in case she gets unruly & out of hand in the courtroom at any point. She'd be removed & this person would represent her so the case can continue.
  • She knows she's not going to be granted bond
  • She requested to waive her Proof Evident/Presumption Great Hearing on March 11. Judge said in his 30 years this has never happened. Michael Allen says he believes that the prosecution still has the right to the hearing even though she doesn't want one. No one knew the answer to this so they'll research and decide later.
  • Judge asked LS about 15 different ways if she understood what representing herself meant and that she was making this decision freely. In other words, you're screwed are you sure you don't want someone who knows what they're doing to defend you?
  • LS claims she has 2 pieces of bombshell evidence that she's sure will clear her, although she doesn't want to tell the judge what they are & admits she's not sure of the procedure for introducing evidence into a case! :rolleyes:
  • There are over 30,000 pages of discovery plus video evidence. Prosecution will immediately begin transferring discovery & evidence to LS
  • Status hearing March 5th on how the discovery transfer is going (it'll take awhile because there's so much of it!)
  • LS has been spending time in the law library at the jail
  • LS is dumb yet clever and very evil!!
My take=she's in WAY over her head! However she hasn't changed, and she's sure that she can talk her way out of this and that she's smarter than everyone. Her defense has tried to work with her & she won't listen to a thing they tell her. She's going to make this into a circus and drag AS & LS through the mud with lots of tales and airing of dirty laundry during this trial! Thankfully the judge told her that making this change and/or not being prepared was not an excuse for the case not proceeding on schedule! The judge also said LS had a lot at stake and was taking a BIG gamble.....LS was sure of herself & saw this as a challenge from the judge IMO! She answered him with almost a demeaning tone like of course, you think I don't know that!

MOO JMO
Justice for Gannon

Last edited:
Just imagine, LS has these pieces of bombshell evidence (her "ace in the hole") that she's absolutely sure will clear her name in Gannon's murder. However she hasn't brought them forward yet and has been willing to sit in jail for a year undergoing terrible treatment & peanut butter threats because she's just waiting to unveil them at the right moment at the trial??!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great logic LS, I'm sure you're going to be a wiz at this whole defense lawyer thing!

MOO JMO
Justice for Gannon

Last edited:
It is "now" official. Letecia has lost her mind and is crazy.

Judge is making an argument that an attorney would have more experience than her and be able to help her. Stauch- “I’ve come to find that the word expert doesn’t hold much value, and I’m the expert here” “I think that I could do it on my own sir, it’s a constitutional right.”
https://twitter.com/Spencer_WNews/status/1365369371825233930

Narcissist. To the extreme.

There's those constitutional rights of hers that she loves so much:rolleyes:

I hate that this has turned into a circus.
More for Gannon's mama, than anything else.
She's already suffered enough at the hands of this vile excuse for a human being.
I guess I'll just hope that a miracle happens & maybe LS will lose her ability to speak or something, before trial. :(

I hate that this has turned into a circus.
More for Gannon's mama, than anything else.
She's already suffered enough at the hands of this vile excuse for a human being.
I guess I'll just hope that a miracle happens & maybe LS will lose her ability to speak or something, before trial. :(
I think she may be anticipating an escape attempt..
She will have more freedom within the prison now, more access to the outside world, the power of law in a semblance.
She will become unbearable to prison staff and inmates.
And she will lie, repeatedly.
She's got nothing to lose, she's already lost it.
She has gained the power to create mayhem for the system and the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs