TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with your "possibly interesting" assessment. Wasn't TEXSAR involved earlier and, when they ended their earlier search efforts, made a statement to the effect that they would be more than happy to return and resume efforts if new information became available? (Or something along those lines? ...I can't find the statement I'm thinking of at the moment. I could be thinking of a statement made related to a different case.)
No.
That statement was made by TES, not TEXSAR.

I would agree with your "possibly interesting" assessment. Wasn't TEXSAR involved earlier and, when they ended their earlier search efforts, made a statement to the effect that they would be more than happy to return and resume efforts if new information became available? (Or something along those lines? ...I can't find the statement I'm thinking of at the moment. I could be thinking of a statement made related to a different case.)
You did remember the statement correctly. It was Texasequusearch that made it. Which is interesting in and of itself and I had not thought of it. Wonder why they were not asked back? Or were they?

Here is the prior statement.

SEARCH SUSPENDED: Jason Landry – Caldwell County, Texas (12/14/20)
As a result, Texas EquuSearch is suspending our search operations for Jason until law enforcement investigators obtain credible, and sufficient information that would lead our team into a more specific area to search.

It was Tim Miller's Texas EquuSearch that released a statement saying they were suspending their search efforts until law enforcement has credible and sufficient information that would lead to a more specific area to search.

It's possible TEXSAR released a statement as well but I only recall the statement by TES.

Update: Texas EquuSearch suspends search for missing Texas State student

ETA:
I recall that TES searched for nine days before suspending their search.

Personally, I got the feeling they were probably a bit frustrated between DPS and CCSO direction until the Sheriff finally released they had separated the two investigations between vehicle crash, and missing person -- and CCSO taking over the missing person investigation, (and admitted doing some things wrong in hindsight).

The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office is taking over the investigation of the Landry case, according to Sgt. William Miller, a public information and crime prevention officer.

Last edited:
I wish LE would release the toxicology reports on the marijuana. They must have it back by now. And that would plant me firmly on one side of the fence or the other, although I’ve currently chosen a side and have settled in nicely.

Praying TEXSAR finds the answers.

I wish LE would release the toxicology reports on the marijuana. They must have it back by now. And that would plant me firmly on one side of the fence or the other, although I’ve currently chosen a side and have settled in nicely.

Praying TEXSAR finds the answers.

I really do not believe the marijuana has anything to do with his disappearance or crash.

UNLESS, it was new and he had a smoke immediately after the crash and it badly affected him.

I doubt we will ever know though whether he had imbibed spiked weed or not. Even if it turns out to have been spiked.

Even if his remains are recovered.

I really do not believe the marijuana has anything to do with his disappearance or crash.

UNLESS, it was new and he had a smoke immediately after the crash and it badly affected him.

I doubt we will ever know though whether he had imbibed spiked weed or not. Even if it turns out to have been spiked.

Even if his remains are recovered.
I agree kittythehare, I guess I just wish if we knew for a fact it was laced, so many other theories could be minimized.

I personally think it was head/neck injury that caused paradoxical undressing, or something he ingested - maybe both? I hope his family will have answers at least.

You are correct
TEXSAR was involved earlier

From @swedeheart's link:
"Austin-based non-profit Texas Search And Rescue or TexSAR combed the pump jack dotted landscape for nine days with no sign of Landry, but now the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office is asking them to give the area a second look."

Search team scours Caldwell County again for missing Texas State student | KEYE
Search team scours Caldwell County again for missing Texas State student

And also:
December 21, 2020
"TEXSAR has worked alongside the authorities in Caldwell County since the initial search began on Monday."

Missing Person - Jason Landry - Texas Search and Rescue
Missing Person - Jason Landry - Texas Search and Rescue

Edited to include:
"Texas EquuSearch has announced that it is suspending its search efforts for 21-year-old Texas State student Jason Landry. The search team said it would resume search efforts once law enforcement had a more specific area to search due to evidence."

Texas EquuSearch suspending search for missing Texas State student
Texas EquuSearch suspending search for missing Texas State student

Now I don't know which is correct or if both TEXSAR and TES have been involved, or if it's the same organization being referred to by different names
I made this clear as mud.

Last edited:
Search team scours Caldwell County again for missing Texas State student
Shawn Hohnstreiter, the operations chief for this search says, “Now we’re coming back to tighten up things and follow up there with more of a fine-tooth comb.”

They're bringing in a large search team to comb this area through the weekend.

Hohnstreiter says, “About 70-75 personnel are working out here. Tomorrow that will increase to about 100 searchers with 7 or 8 drone teams and about 15 dogs.”

Realizing it's been two months since Landry disappeared, the dogs they’re bringing are specially trained in locating human remains.

“We’ve got about 10 canines out here working especially waterways creeks ponds any source of water in the area,” they add.

This morning, Jason's father shared stories of Jason's bright spirit and kind soul. It was a heavy reminder of why we do what we do and why we're here. Today we push on to do what we can to help the Landry family.

We appreciate your continued support. #serviceaboveself #texanshelpingtexans #texassearchandrescue #searchandrescue #texsar

upload_2021-2-27_10-33-55.png

You could go missing in Texas, then eventually be found within just a few days.

Your family, however, might not find you for years... if ever.

This story features another father whose adult son vanished in South Texas. The father spent almost two years looking for his son in Texas and Mexico.

Missing in Texas:

"Texas is one step closer to requiring the use of a national database which uses fingerprints, DNA and dental records to solve missing and unidentified persons cases. Ten states have passed laws mandating police and medical examiners to enter case details to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System or NamUs – but not Texas, even though it’s based in Fort Worth. Now two Texas families and a newly elected lawmaker are determined to help others looking for loved ones."

[...]

"Even after learning that his son’s body was found, Fritts had yet another hurdle to overcome.

He was told that Joseph was buried as “John Doe” in a Laredo cemetery, but when he went there, they didn’t know where he was buried."

Missing in Texas: ‘John and Joseph’s Law’ could require police to report to NamUs | KXAN

Last edited:

This story features another father whose adult son vanished in South Texas. The father spent almost two years looking for his son in Texas and Mexico.

Missing in Texas:

"Texas is one step closer to requiring the use of a national database which uses fingerprints, DNA and dental records to solve missing and unidentified persons cases. Ten states have passed laws mandating police and medical examiners to enter case details to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System or NamUs – but not Texas, even though it’s based in Fort Worth. Now two Texas families and a newly elected lawmaker are determined to help others looking for loved ones."

[...]

"Even after learning that his son’s body was found, Fritts had yet another hurdle to overcome.

He was told that Joseph was buried as “John Doe” in a Laredo cemetery, but when he went there, they didn’t know where he was buried."

Missing in Texas: ‘John and Joseph’s Law’ could require police to report to NamUs | KXAN

How horrible...

Missing in Texas:

[...]

In the case of Fritts wouldn't they also have been able to run and match his fingerprints since he'd served in the military? They wouldn't have needed family DNA. This is a sad situation.

In the case of Fritts wouldn't they also have been able to run and match his fingerprints since he'd served in the military? They wouldn't have needed family DNA. This is a sad situation.

Not sure about fingerprints but...

"The family was told that his body was found two days after the first missing persons report was filed.

“The cause of death was actually called drowning. But my son is bi-racial. He’s half Hispanic and white and the coroner told me … they didn’t do any toxicology reports because they thought he was an illegal alien,” he said."

Missing in Texas: ‘John and Joseph’s Law’ could require police to report to NamUs | KXAN Austin

Missing in Texas:

[...]

I had no idea.... thanks for sharing. How sad that so many agencies can’t work together for good automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam