Found Deceased FL - Louis Nix III, 29, Jacksonville, 23 Feb 2021 *Former NFL player*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Notre Dame news: Ex-Irish star Louis Nix missing in Florida (usatoday.com)

EvNDN4OWgAA6bMH
USATSI_7544284.jpg

Ben Becker, an anchor/reporter for the CBS/FOX affiliate in Jacksonville has been in touch with Nix’s mother.

His mother said that Nix didn’t like going anywhere and watched his surroundings. She doesn’t believe he had any enemies.

Former NFL defensive lineman Louis Nix is reported missing - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)
[...]

Ben Becker of ActionNewsJax.com posted the plea from Nix’s mother, who explained that she has heard nothing from her son in several days.

“Last communication of anyone seeing him was Tuesday,” Nix’s mother said. “Can’t call him because voice mail is full and people he talks to daily have not heard from him. Not like him.”

[...]

Nix, a three-year starter at Notre Dame, was shot in December while putting air in the tires of his car. The bullet, Nix explained at the time, ricocheted off his sternum and entered his lung. He had surgery to remove it. His mother told Becker that, since then, Nix has not liked to go out. She does not believe, however, that the latest development is related to the shooting.

[...]

With the shooting in December being seemingly random and not targeted, what are the odds he met a similar fate but wasn't so lucky this time? If so, targeted or random? Is it possible he had a bit of mental break or just need some time to think about things? It has to be very difficult to feel safe anywhere after being shot at random. I'm hoping for the latter situation. All MOO.

:(:(:(

FEB 27, 2021
Jacksonville football star Louis Nix III found dead, family says (news4jax.com)
News4Jax is at a scene near Broxton Bay Drive, where JSO’s dive team pulled a silver Hyundai matching Nix’s car’s description and tag number. The car was removed from the pond.

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office sent out a tweet at 8 o’clock Saturday night, saying they located Nix. They have not indicated where he was found.

Report: Former Notre Dame DL Louis Nix has died, mother says (247sports.com)
The mother of Louis Nix, who was reported missing Friday, told Action News Jax news anchor and reporter Ben Becker that the former Notre Dame defensive lineman died Saturday. Nix was 29.

[...]

Ex-Notre Dame star Louis Nix, 29, found dead after reported missing (espn.com)
... After several days of searching, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office tweeted at 8 p.m. ET Saturday that Nix had been located but did not report Nix's condition. CBS/Fox affiliate Action News Jax reported that Nix's mother confirmed that Nix had died. WJXT TV-4 reported Nix's death via another family member.

:(:(:(

FEB 27, 2021
Jacksonville football star Louis Nix III found dead, family says (news4jax.com)
News4Jax is at a scene near Broxton Bay Drive, where JSO’s dive team pulled a silver Hyundai matching Nix’s car’s description and tag number. The car was removed from the pond.

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office sent out a tweet at 8 o’clock Saturday night, saying they located Nix. They have not indicated where he was found.

Report: Former Notre Dame DL Louis Nix has died, mother says (247sports.com)
The mother of Louis Nix, who was reported missing Friday, told Action News Jax news anchor and reporter Ben Becker that the former Notre Dame defensive lineman died Saturday. Nix was 29.

[...]

Ex-Notre Dame star Louis Nix, 29, found dead after reported missing (espn.com)
... After several days of searching, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office tweeted at 8 p.m. ET Saturday that Nix had been located but did not report Nix's condition. CBS/Fox affiliate Action News Jax reported that Nix's mother confirmed that Nix had died. WJXT TV-4 reported Nix's death via another family member.
So tragic. I wonder if he had a medical incident stemming back to when he was shot? Or a vehicle accident ? I don’t like thinking of another option. :(

That’s heartbreaking. The fact that he was already in fear for his life makes it sadder. I can’t imagine the stress he must have been under. My first thought (my opinion only) is that whoever shot at him in December came after him again and then drove his car into the pond with him in it already deceased.

This kid was a really good soul, his loss is so tragic. Sadly, it does appear alcohol was involved.
Louis Nix death: Girlfriend suspects ex-NFL star was intoxicated due to 'Choice Of Words'

This is not the way he should be remembered. He was kind, generous and loyally devoted to his friends and family. He would have given anyone the shirt off his back.

A story I will always remember was in 2014 after he was drafted in the NFL. This describes him well.

"Nix is also determined to help his mom, Stephanie Wingfield, get knee replacement surgery she has put off for years, because she couldn’t afford it.

“If I’m lucky enough to get drafted — and anything can happen, I don’t take anything for granted — that’s the first thing I will look to do for my mom. She’s worked hard all of her life to put me in a position for this to happen for me. But whatever happens in the weeks ahead, I know she’ll keep supporting me and we’ll all be fine.” "

Louis Nix fills in the blanks on his early exit from Notre Dame

This is how this young man should be remembered.

RIP - Irish Chocolate:)

Last edited:
Internal affairs finds policies violated by 4 officers in Louis Nix III death investigation
"According to JSO’s investigative report, Internal Affairs found that “despite physical evidence being located that was consistent with a vehicle driving in the grass near the pond,” the officers failed to request the Dive Team to come search the pond and should not have canceled the response by the fire department.

Internal Affairs also found that the officers did not adequately question a witness who called 911 after seeing headlights in the water and hearing splashing. The officers noted tire marks in the grass near the pond, but noted they did not lead into the pond."

"Nix’s mother said she is not blaming a lack of action for her son’s death, but she wants to make sure something like this doesn’t happen to others."​

Internal affairs finds policies violated by 4 officers in Louis Nix III death investigation
"According to JSO’s investigative report, Internal Affairs found that “despite physical evidence being located that was consistent with a vehicle driving in the grass near the pond,” the officers failed to request the Dive Team to come search the pond and should not have canceled the response by the fire department.

Internal Affairs also found that the officers did not adequately question a witness who called 911 after seeing headlights in the water and hearing splashing. The officers noted tire marks in the grass near the pond, but noted they did not lead into the pond."

"Nix’s mother said she is not blaming a lack of action for her son’s death, but she wants to make sure something like this doesn’t happen to others."​

So….somebody called 911 reporting headlights in the water and splashing, and it wasn’t investigated?! Well….his Mom must be more even-keeled than I am, because I would be quite livid if I found out somebody called and reported that, and nothing was done…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back