TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. I believe that MB was targeted, too.

When my husband saw the video, he immediately said, "That's a female." I thought the perp was a female, too.

I have my suspicions. Perhaps, the police do, too, but not enough evidence to make an arrest.
I also believe, MB absolutely was the target, but I can't imagine an angry, jealous woman walking around the hallways, crashing glass panes and waiting for her victim to arrive. A woman would never come up with this idea, I'm sure. But a high/drunk male, who partly has to support himself on the wall when walking, he might do it. Perhaps he has much experience of B&E and crashing things belongs to his repertoire, which is a little bit boring to himself meanwhile. He is creating a more extended crime scene, and perhaps this is, what he has in his mind. Confuse the investigators, they will fall for it! IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I'm thinking about a killer for hire, who has a passion/need for "thrill-kill", but partly likes to earn his money with contract murder. I think of a well organized male person, who invests in the planning of "his sideline job" a lot of time, including the alibi of the main suspect (LE would have) and his own alibi as well as his perfect disguise.

What do you all think? Would it be possible?

I am glad to see this thread back open. I have always thought that this was 100% targeted. I have bounced back and forth but I lean more towards the perp being a woman. If in fact a woman I believe that it was the mistress of hubby or the wife/gf/ex of some one mb was seeing. AFAIK or remember there was a lot of speculation of extramarital relationships but nothing solid. I think the extreme getup of perp was to hide gender. This is one of the cases that I just pray it's solved but wonder if it ever will be. Does anyone remember if there was ever a PI?

Sometimes I'm thinking about a killer for hire, who has a passion/need for "thrill-kill", but partly likes to earn his money with contract murder. I think of a well organized male person, who invests in the planning of "his sideline job" a lot of time, including the alibi of the main suspect (LE would have) and his own alibi as well as his perfect disguise.

What do you all think? Would it be possible?

re: alibis
I still think about that side by side body comparison video

MOO

if indeed..its a vandalising accident that went wrong ..the killer was in full disguise so why the need for the over kill ?
There was basically no vandalism, just the killer breaking into doors that were locked or else seemingly testing for an alarm. I don’t know of anyone who believes this person went to the church with the purpose of committing vandalism.

We do not know that there was overkill. That is Internet speculation that has never been corroborated.

There was basically no vandalism, just the killer breaking into doors that were locked or else seemingly testing for an alarm. I don’t know of anyone who believes this person went to the church with the purpose of committing vandalism.

We do not know that there was overkill. That is Internet speculation that has never been corroborated.

I have been commenting on several comments here that mentions it wasn't targeted murder , vandalism is def one of the explanations mentioned for the killer breaking in ..
concerning the overkill.. being hit on the head and the chest with a sharp object and with a possibility of being shot is overkill for me ...

I agree. I don't believe we have anything from LE that states this was overkill. It might be, but puncture wounds, plural, could be two wounds - one to the the head and the other to the chest. (I suspect it is probably 5 or 6, though.) If this was done face-to-face with the other party with a blunt instrument or knife, the victim isn't likely going to stand still. They are going to try dodge and/or block the blows. The chest wound or wounds could be the result of an intended head strike, but the victim stepped back. There could be more than one to the head because the victim partially blocked the first intended strike or strikes to the head. IOW, bruising and/or gashes, but the victim is still in the fight. I don't believe it is so much overkill with the assailant standing over the victim pounding over and over as it is a violent fight. Unfortunately for Missy she doesn't have head protection (helmet) and possibly chest (padded vest?) that her assailant has and her defensive strikes are likely ineffective and she doesn't have a weapon. Of course, if Missy did get in one or two good strikes like to an unprotected area like the knee or groin we wouldn't know because the assailant was not caught.

To be sure, we don't know if this is what happened either as LE hasn't given us any of the details. Just as I view it as going down.

I have been commenting on several comments here that mentions it wasn't targeted murder , vandalism is def one of the explanations mentioned for the killer breaking in ..
concerning the overkill.. being hit on the head and the chest with a sharp object and with a possibility of being shot is overkill for me ...
Just from what I read, and certainly not directing this specifically at you... it just seems that When people bring up vandalism, it’s to shoot down the vandalism theory. I never see anyone actually being a proponent of the vandalism theory. So I’m not sure why it’s even brought up, even to argue against it. We can pretty much all agree, I believe, that the perp did not smash things just to smash them. Imagine all the damage s/he could have done to walls with a hammer.

We don’t know that Missy was “hit on the head”. The extent of head injury might have been a gunshot wound to the head and nothing else. A gunshot IS a “puncture wound” by the way, for those who are curious.

What if the killer shot Missy as she moved away and then she crashed thru one of the glass tables that the church was known to have? We know there was broken glass around her body. It’s possible that a broken table caused wounds to her chest. Also possible that the killer picked up a piece of glass and stabbed her with it. We just don’t know. So my point is just that it might not be wise for us to take “overkill” as a given and then use it as a basis to support a theory.

Last edited:
II. THE AFFIANT’S PROBABLE CAUSE
This investigation is being conducted by Investigator C. Moon of the Midlothian Police
Department. The following statements are based upon Your Affiant’s personal
knowledge and upon the information and evidence gathered during the course of this
investigation.
.On April 18th, 2016, at approximately 0506 hours, Midlothian Police received a call of an
unresponsive person at The Creekside Church of Christ, located at 5401 East US
Highway 287, Midlothian, Ellis County, Texas 76065. The caller advised a female
subject (later identified as the victim Terri Bevers) was at the location and was not
breathing and was deceased.
As first responders arrived on scene they observed several exterior and internal doors
with extensive damage to them as well as broken glass throughout the inside of the
church.

Investigators arrived on scene and were able to access the video surveillance recordings
from within the church. Investigators reviewed the video of the incident which shows a
subject wearing a black helmet, black balaclava, dark pants, dark long sleeve shirt, black
gloves, and a black vest with Police in white lettering on the front and back. The subject
is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows
and going
through offices.
At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building.
t
Terri Bevers’ had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent
with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

Snipped from this post:

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

II. THE AFFIANT’S PROBABLE CAUSE
The subject is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going
through offices.

Terri Bevers’ had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent
with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

Snipped from this post:

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39
And snipped again. Thanks for this refresher. I thought I had remembered hearing that Missy's wounds are probably the result of the tools the killer had with them. Tools, plural? It appears that the assailant had a prybar or something similar as well as the hammer.

Damage that we know about for sure:

N/NE corner of building most secluded from highway - NE entrance doors broken, 1 or possibly 2 window screens to room 7/8 were twisted/pried, and kitchen service door had its window broken in order to reach in and unlock. Possibly tried to pry that same door (news reports show entire latch gone, but unclear whether killer did that or CSI removed).

Storage room 9 at NE of church - glass window broken in order to reach in and unlock.

Janitorial closet #1 - Door jamb may have been damaged in brief attempt to pry open locked door.

W side of church - unknown source of broken glass found around Missy, possibly broken during struggle, possibly glass table.

And that’s it. No damage to doors at SE, SW, W, or NW that we know of. No damage to walls that we know of. No damage to doors other than those that were locked to the killer.

I wouldn’t hang my hat on a warrant using the term “tools” in conjunction with the wounds. A gun could certainly fall into that category. Police have also made a number of factual errors in these warrants, including saying that Missy was found at the SW corner of the interior.

Breaking all the glass is vandalism. We don't know if more was done but held back by police.

I don't understand the comment I've bolded. Police have never stated whether or not they believe Missy was targetted (which they commonly do, one way or the other). There was no theft. So vandalism is a possibility that hasn't yet been ruled out.

Breaking all the glass is vandalism. We don't know if more was done but held back by police.

I don't understand the comment I've bolded. Police have never stated whether or not they believe Missy was targetted (which they commonly do, one way or the other). There was no theft. So vandalism is a possibility that hasn't yet been ruled out.
It’s all in what the motive is. If you are breaking and entering, which involves some damage in order to breach what you’re trying to get to, I don’t personally call that vandalism.

What I call vandalism is stuff like spray painting on walls, putting holes in walls with a hammer, taking whacks at pews, turning on all the water faucets so that sinks overflow and flood... things that are done for no purpose other than to tear something up. There is no evidence that the perp did any of those things. So absent a big surprise of something to the contrary, we’re left with either targeted (came there for Missy) or Untargeted (came there for the building, to perhaps commit theft although maybe they failed to find anything worth taking, or cosplay).

"Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson said. "We ask the public to analyze the footage once again, watch the mannerisms and the walking style of the suspect, and if they have any information please contact us."

Johnson refused to comment on Bevers' cause of death, revealed in a search warrant publicly released Thursday to be a blow to the head, but did acknowledge that several tools — used to get into the church and in the vandalism were found at the church."

Midlothian Police Release More Video in Church Killing

It could be the vandalism was staging. idk

Twenty-five, thirty years ago we would have said, "It would be great, if we have the person on video!" Now we have cases like this, Jennifer Kesse and Abigail Williams/Liberty German where we have the killer on video and it doesn't give us enough. Here LE has video, but probably no fingerprints or DNA. To make matters worse this guy is not likely to be any criminal genius - just lucky enough not to be caught.

Add Elizabeth Barraza to that list too. Good video of the killer and the killer's vehicle. Still unsolved over two years later.

Examples of vandalism include salting lawns, cutting trees without permission, egg throwing, breaking windows, arson, spraying paint on others' properties, tagging, placing glue into locks, tire slashing, keying (scratching) paint, ransacking a property, flooding a house by clogging a sink and leaving the water running, and pulling up plants from the roots without permission.

>>>>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member