UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by: Jackalyn. Moved here for discussion.

71098_4949338604_304267_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4949338604

Missing People - Andrew Gosden
Andrew has been missing from his home in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, since 14 September 2007. He was last seen on CCTV footage at King s Cross Station in London later that morning. There is great concern for Andrew and he is urged to call the Runaway Helpline on Freefone 0808 800 7070 for confidential advice and support . When Andrew went missing he was 5ft 3in tall, slim with light brown hair and brown eyes. He needs strong prescription glasses. He was last seen wearing black jeans and T-shirt.

Facebook - Andrew Gosden

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course all speculation, but my instincts don’t sense that a shy-ish non street wise kid would run away with the intention of starting over a new life. Especially given he has not resurfaced in all these years. Sadly, I lean towards him running away to go take his own life somewhere he wouldn’t be found.

JMHO.

Just curious where you are getting "non street-wise." He could travel long distances on public transportation by himself and navigate London; that's something.

I think he did have some friends, and I wonder what they think most likely happened. (Just because they won't have family bias.)

Just curious where you are getting "non street-wise." He could travel long distances on public transportation by himself and navigate London; that's something.

I think he did have some friends, and I wonder what they think most likely happened. (Just because they won't have family bias.)

Those friends wouldn't be far off 30 now and many would have families so yes I'm sure plenty would think of him at various times of the year particularly around September.

I assume police did all the background checks at his school at the time if he'd said anything to a close classmate even if it was just a hint of what was to come.

Time passes and people move on but would be interesting their thoughts.

My son is 15 and going through these posts reading about Andrew (in many ways) It is like reading about my own lad. He has discovered Goth and Indie music has grown his hair long and started to paint his nails black. We visit London once a year and he often mentions about going to London on his own or with friends (we have no family/friends in the area) when he's old enough. I know its only a picture but he seems calm and totally in control of heading into his next part of his journey. When we arrive in London, its bedlam and I witness many people leaning against the walls just trying to grab there composure and orientation. Its my opinion but he knew where he was going, the journey had been well planned with some obvious reward at the end. I hope the tortuous wait that his parents, family and friends comes to an end soon and they are finally given answers.

My son is 15 and going through these posts reading about Andrew (in many ways) It is like reading about my own lad. He has discovered Goth and Indie music has grown his hair long and started to paint his nails black. We visit London once a year and he often mentions about going to London on his own or with friends (we have no family/friends in the area) when he's old enough. I know its only a picture but he seems calm and totally in control of heading into his next part of his journey. When we arrive in London, its bedlam and I witness many people leaning against the walls just trying to grab there composure and orientation. Its my opinion but he knew where he was going, the journey had been well planned with some obvious reward at the end. I hope the tortuous wait that his parents, family and friends comes to an end soon and they are finally given answers.
Nice post, welcome to Ws AtticusPip!

This case is so sad. Andrew was such a cute kid. He was very intelligent and his family seemed to adore him. It's such a waste if he is gone forever.

I am almost exactly a year younger than Andrew.
I was also quiet and didn't have many friends at school.

I was in Year 9 in 2007, and on the first day of the new term, I decided to bunk off school. It was a spur of the moment decision whilst I was getting dressed. I waited for my family to leave, and just stayed at home watching movies and reading Harry Potter fan fiction. I also went to the shop to get chocolate and sweets. I did this 2 or 3 more times until I got caught out.

I was depressed and anxious, and struggled to fit in at school. Maybe Andrew felt something similar. He loved London so maybe he just wanted a spontaneous day to himself to get a break from it all. Unfortunately something went wrong for him somewhere along the lines.

This case is so sad. Andrew was such a cute kid. He was very intelligent and his family seemed to adore him. It's such a waste if he is gone forever.

I am almost exactly a year younger than Andrew.
I was also quiet and didn't have many friends at school.

I was in Year 9 in 2007, and on the first day of the new term, I decided to bunk off school. It was a spur of the moment decision whilst I was getting dressed. I waited for my family to leave, and just stayed at home watching movies and reading Harry Potter fan fiction. I also went to the shop to get chocolate and sweets. I did this 2 or 3 more times until I got caught out.

I was depressed and anxious, and struggled to fit in at school. Maybe Andrew felt something similar. He loved London so maybe he just wanted a spontaneous day to himself to get a break from it all. Unfortunately something went wrong for him somewhere along the lines.
Welcome to Ws chanchandler3, thanks for sharing your school experience!

imgur.com

Do you think it could be Andrew in the background of this picture?

In my opinion, the person shares the following characteristics with Andrew:
Light brown hair with reddish/blond hints. Similar/same length.
Long forearms.
Straight body (much like a teenage boy)
Outline of his messenger bag on the left?

B4-C717-A9-9-AA3-4-DC1-BD9-A-D5697-DE28-CB0.jpg

Last edited:
imgur.com

Long forearms.

This was discussed a way back in the thread (post #800). Some of us think it is Andrew, most people disagreed.

imgur.com

Long forearms.

I don't know if I think it's him. I guess I can see the possibility but I think it's too difficult to say I see any resemblence. I'd be interested in what the family has to say about the photo.

I'm starting to think it might not be him, because the Slipknot logo on his T shirt was quite high up near the collar, and surely you would see that in the photo despite it being blurry.

I’m pretty sure that person in the photograph is a woman either an older woman out with her husband or a younger adult maybe the man’s child. Looks like someone much older/more mature than Andrew to me. In the CCTV of Andrew he looks every bit like a frail little kid lost in a big city. If we had no idea of his age I might have thought him even younger than 14

I'm currently working my way through this thread and am not even half way yet so I don't know if this has already been brought up or not. But going on from, I think it was @shadowdancer who said their friend was pretty sure they spotted someone who looked like Andrew with the same ear problem looking like he was homeless, it made me think of something. I watch a programme called "rich kids go homeless" on channel 5, which shows rich kids trying to survive on the streets of London. It tends to show a lot of homeless people so wanted to put this out there in case anyone wants to watch the episodes to see if they can spot Andrew. It's probably a long shot but it can't hurt to look.

I'm currently working my way through this thread and am not even half way yet so I don't know if this has already been brought up or not. But going on from, I think it was @shadowdancer who said their friend was pretty sure they spotted someone who looked like Andrew with the same ear problem looking like he was homeless, it made me think of something. I watch a programme called "rich kids go homeless" on channel 5, which shows rich kids trying to survive on the streets of London. It tends to show a lot of homeless people so wanted to put this out there in case anyone wants to watch the episodes to see if they can spot Andrew. It's probably a long shot but it can't hurt to look.

What happens on the show on the episodes you've seen? How are they surviving, and what kind of contact do they have with authorities?

One thing I have read is that in cities, the authorities / social workers are aware of who the young homeless people on their streets are and are keeping track of them in some ways.

(I don't know how much this is true and how it differs by city, but someone wrote about it, either here or maybe another forum I read.)

In my own medium-sized city, I have seen police talking to the homeless often.

Now in terms of Andrew specifically, IMO it's hard to imagine he would have assimilated with the homeless population anywhere near London back in the earlier years after he went missing without being identified and still never identified, (by the public nor authorities), to this day. His posters are still to be seen in London and other cities.

If he is alive, I do of course think it's possible he's living a transient lifestyle somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back