GUILTY UK - Phoenix Netts, 28, found in suitcase, Gloucestershire, 12 May 2020

Thanks for the update Tootsie. That is strange - it is usual for them to enter their plea at this stage - 3 months after the initial charges and 3 months before trial.
There also does not seem to be another pre trial hearing before the proposed trial date in November.

Update - from 5 days ago

A man who was accused of helping a woman following the discovery of human remains in two suitcases is no longer facing criminal charges.

Mahesh Sorathiya, 39, of Wolverhampton, was charged with assisting an offender after the suitcases were found near a quarry in the Forest of Dean on 12 May.

They contained the body of Phoenix Netts, 28, from Birmingham.

The Crown Prosecution Service said the case against Mr Sorathiya had now been dismissed.

Gareeca Conita Gordon, 27, from Birmingham is charged with murder and is next due to appear at Bristol Crown Court next month.

Body-in-suitcases-accused no longer facing criminal charges

Update - from 5 days ago

A man who was accused of helping a woman following the discovery of human remains in two suitcases is no longer facing criminal charges.

Mahesh Sorathiya, 39, of Wolverhampton, was charged with assisting an offender after the suitcases were found near a quarry in the Forest of Dean on 12 May.

They contained the body of Phoenix Netts, 28, from Birmingham.

The Crown Prosecution Service said the case against Mr Sorathiya had now been dismissed.

Gareeca Conita Gordon, 27, from Birmingham is charged with murder and is next due to appear at Bristol Crown Court next month.

Body-in-suitcases-accused no longer facing criminal charges

Hope that's published as widely and prominently as his arrest. People locally were threatening to torch his home etc ...

I'm just saying that the Jefferies case was very different and led to several newspapers being found in contempt of court and fined. There really is no comparison.

I agree, they're not of the same level at all but still a very traumatic event for the man arrested. Mud sticks and his life will never be quite the same.

A date has been set for the trial of a woman who is accused of murder and transporting the victim's body in suitcases to the Forest of Dean.

Gareeca Conita Gordon, 27, is accused of murdering Phoenix Netts, 28, in Birmingham earlier this year.

At a short hearing at Bristol Crown Court, Mrs Justice May set a date for Ms Gordon's trial of 26 April 2021.

Ms Gordon, who has been remanded in custody, did not attend the hearing.

Her trial is expected to last for up to two weeks.

Forest of Dean body in suitcase murder trial date set

I'm still very curious about the relationship between the taxi driver and Gareeca.
Me too. I read from one of the articles in this thread that there had been several trips within a certain time frame and he had been the driver each time. I read that he advertises as a driver/handy man, so possibly she did just call him. (I wondered about the coincidence of a cab firm sending the same driver, which answered that question.)

But IMO it is more likely they were already acquainted somehow. Surely you couldnt take a chance otherwise, due to the strong smell which apparently LE noticed immediately.

Me too. I read from one of the articles in this thread that there had been several trips within a certain time frame and he had been the driver each time. I read that he advertises as a driver/handy man, so possibly she did just call him. (I wondered about the coincidence of a cab firm sending the same driver, which answered that question.)

But IMO it is more likely they were already acquainted somehow. Surely you couldnt take a chance otherwise, due to the strong smell which apparently LE noticed immediately.

BBM

Exactly. I'm also dubious about him being completely oblivious and the charges being dropped. Will we see new charges laid against him?

BBM

Exactly. I'm also dubious about him being completely oblivious and the charges being dropped. Will we see new charges laid against him?

I would very much doubt it at this stage.

The trouble with modern journalism is that it's so fast. It's done by text and information is siphoned off social media sites.

We learned from following the Libby Squire trial moment by moment that journos and news sites post mistakes and they're later changed without a note stating that anything was in error.

I saw that someone suggested the name Gordon Smith earlier and noted that the QC acting for Gordon is called Andrew Smith. I think the Taxi driver being arrested initially also threw a spanner in the reporting works.

At the time the case came to light, there was no digital footprint for either of the women.

How ridiculous would all this be if it turns out that Jess Phillips put 2 & 2 together and made 7. As of now, we know very little but let's stick to fact we can provide links for and opinions that aren't loaded.

Re post
May 2020
Aunt of woman whose body was 'sawn in half' and put in suitcase shares her horror at the death | Daily Mail Online
  • ''Phoenix Netts, 28, was found in suitcases dumped in the Forest of Dean
  • Her aunt tonight shared her horror at the nature of the 28-year-old's death
  • Ms Netts had been living at a women's refuge in Birmingham when she died
  • Police have charged Jamaican national Gareeca Gordon with Ms Netts' murder
  • The 27-year-old suspect lived in the same seven-bed HMO as the victim
  • Father-of-two Mahesh Sorithaya, 38, is charged with assisting an offender ''
Phohttps://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/murder-victim-28-university-dropout-22058693
''Phoenix Netts had been living at a Birmingham homeless shelter before her dismembered body was discovered at the Forest of Dean near Coleford, Gloucestershire last Tuesday''

Suitcase victim Phoenix Netts lived next to suspect | News | The Times
''Gareeca Gordon, 27, has been charged with the murder of Ms Netts, who lived in the room opposite her.....''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back