OH - James Hutchinson, 6, abused, thrown in river, Middletown, 28 Feb 2021 *GUILTY*

G7XZ3Y67L5AVVI76VC2XVE6PJQ.jpeg

By Courtney King | March 1, 2021 at 9:10 PM EST - Updated March 1 at 9:56 PM

BUTLER COUNTY, Ohio (FOX19) - Dozens gathered in Middletown Monday night to mourn the loss of 6-year-old James Hutchinson.

The event at Gardner Park featured a candlelight vigil and balloon release.

Many who did not know the boy came to show their support. Several family members attended as well, including James’s father, Lewis Hutchinson.

“She killed my son,” Lewis said. “I don’t even know how to process this... I want them both to rot, that’s what I want.”

Lewis refers to James’s mother, 29-year-old Brittany Gosney, and her boyfriend, 42-year-old James Hamilton, who reported the boy missing on Saturday and now are charged in his death.

‘She killed my son:’ Father in shock at Middletown vigil for boy’s death

The boy was described as “joyful” and a student who greeted Rosa Parks’ teachers each school day with a hug.

“We are all mourning the loss of our friend James today,” Tracey Neeley, principal of the school, said in a statement.

“James was a happy and joyful soul who loved school. On the days he was in class, he would give hugs to all his teachers as he walked into school.”

“A fun memory I have is the way his face would light up when he won the lucky lunch tray! First-graders can find the joy in just about anything. I will always remember his bright joy,” said Neeley.
‘He would give hugs to all his teachers’: Middletown school officials mourn first-grader allegedly killed by mother
I have one of those joyful first graders and this just rings so true. They find such joy in every thing. Poor adorable little James.

I have one of those joyful first graders and this just rings so true. They find such joy in every thing. Poor adorable little James.
One of our grand-daughters is six and in first grade. I have her three days a week, until the school schedule goes back to normal. I'm flexible at work.
They are so loving at this age- joyful, carefree, energetic, curious about everything around them. James should have been treasured.

I believe I was mistaken, her oldest daughter was adopted by a couple, she doesn’t have custody of her.

I’m guessing she had custody of three children, two boys and one girl. Correct me if I’m wrong, though.

I just don’t understand why she would even try to abandon them like that, looking at her Facebook posts, I wouldn’t have guessed her to be abusive with the children, she went out of her way to make Facebook covers with pictures of the kids for each Holiday.

I don’t doubt these kids were neglected and that their needs were probably not being met, but this is just too much. Would she drop them off at the father’s house or other family member’s constantly?

To be fair, yeah, she looks like she’s not on track developmentally, the way she writes is horrific, her hair is always a mess, she doesn’t look clean and I’m going to guess she isn’t sober either. I read a lot on her old Facebook and her family isn’t much better either, looks like generational abuse and neglect.

I think driving there, trying to abandon the kids, letting two children back into the car, returning to the scene, hiding evidence, and hiding his body (I hate typing that), shows she knew all along what happened and what she was doing.

My father was left on the court house steps by his father when he was 6 years old with his older and younger brothers after their mother died. It was a devastating experience that effected him for his entire life but it was a hell of a lot better than this and it was 80 years ago.

I listen to a Cincinnati radio station and during every newscast they have been stating that counselors will be available all week at school to help the children and staff deal with this tragedy.

It is difficult enough to help children process the death of a child from illness or accident. How in the world do you explain that their classmate was killed by his mother running over him with a car??

I keep checking this thread for James although I think this is one of the most emotionally brutal cases in recent memory. I’m drawn in, at the same time repulsed beyond words.
I think the only “good” that can come out of this other than egg donor and bf burning in hell for all of eternity is that the other children stand a chance at some kind of life now.

Praying without ceasing.

Agreed with your entire post, @Limecat !
Hades itself is not hot enough for this abominable pair.

What a sweet smile James had !
And those freckles. :(
How could anyone not love that child ?
At least maybe his siblings will have a chance now; prayers for their emotional health !
It sounds like they witnessed the entire murder.
What these perps did is unforgiveable.
Imo.

Last edited:
To have your mother abandon you in a dark, cold place...and then to be dragged to death trying to get back to her. It's like a child's nightmare-imagine this little one's final thoughts? It's almost too much to take in

To have your mother abandon you in a dark, cold place...and then to be dragged to death trying to get back to her. It's like a child's nightmare-imagine this little one's final thoughts? It's almost too much to take in
It's too much for me to take in. I can't stop thinking about this baby. Good luck finding one juror to think anything other then GUILTY. IMO

I did not see a thread for this but this mother tried to abandon her 6 year old at a park and ran him over when he tried to get back in the car. she left his little body there, then returned a half hour later, took the body home for a few days then dumped it an hour away in a river w her bf's help.

her other two young children were in the car when this occurred :(

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/02/brittany-gosney-james-son-ohio/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back