TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #6

There’s been so many rumors and misconstrued facts that it’s hard to keep up as time goes by.

I’ve always felt (and this is just a personal “gut feeling”) those close to Brandon — particularly that day — haven’t been completely honest on the events leading up to. As mentioned, it’s been a while, but didn’t Brandon, at least in a general sense, identify who was giving him problems?

San Angelo isn’t exactly a “small town”, but it’s not exactly one where you couldn’t go to a shopping store and be completely perplexed running into a acquaintance.

I think you are correct. I don't think they meant to be that way....I just think it was instinct not to trust LE considering what they had been involved in recently. I don't think it would have mattered much, it's just that not telling the truth to LE made them leery. They were a typical small town LE force and they were not very friendly to "outsiders". Especially those who lie to them!
Remember the rumors about a fight at Walmart? I just can't help but think something went wrong in San Angelo and he was chased after his fight with Ladessa. Maybe he thought he had lost them but they caught up with him outside Bronte where he ran out of gas. Maybe they were hispanic....that's why he told his brother "some Mexicans chased me out of the neighborhood". I still think it was drug related and Brandon is hidden very well. Would love for someone to prove me wrong and find him safe and sound. Still don't think he is in that area. Whoever killed him took him away. JMO

Question for Nannymo.

Are there quarries there? Could he have fallen in one and can't be found? Traveling to Dallas this week I saw signs that said Quarry dangerous keep out.

I don't think so. It is pasture land with mesquite trees, plowed fields with crops growing or planted, or some of the area there is permanent grass for grazing cattle or baling for hay. It is a pretty well populated area. Small tracts of land with a house or two and also larger farms as you get further out of town. Typical rural small town Texas. This google map link shows a pretty good picture. It is very close to the spot his truck ran out of gas. It's looking toward the south where he came from. You can see the trailer house to the right. Hills to the south.

Google Maps

Spirit-Isn't Chris the "friend" Kyle hooked BL up with to get drugs? I think he had been clean awhile, took his drug test for his new job and then went to get high. But if he had been clean for some time....what made him want to go get high again? Pressures at home? Did he have a girlfriend pressuring him to leave Ladessa? What was going on that he had to jump on that wagon and leave town so late at night?

Spirit-Isn't Chris the "friend" Kyle hooked BL up with to get drugs? I think he had been clean awhile, took his drug test for his new job and then went to get high. But if he had been clean for some time....what made him want to go get high again? Pressures at home? Did he have a girlfriend pressuring him to leave Ladessa? What was going on that he had to jump on that wagon and leave town so late at night?
That's very possible that Chris is the "friend". I just can't recall atm, when I'm able I can go back and search the thread. And those are some good questions as to why?

It is at the 7 minute mark where Kyle first opens his statement. Brandon had not smoked dope in over 6 months....was going to do "just a little bit" and so he got him in touch with Chris.....

I think you are correct. I don't think they meant to be that way....I just think it was instinct not to trust LE considering what they had been involved in recently. I don't think it would have mattered much, it's just that not telling the truth to LE made them leery. They were a typical small town LE force and they were not very friendly to "outsiders". Especially those who lie to them!
Remember the rumors about a fight at Walmart? I just can't help but think something went wrong in San Angelo and he was chased after his fight with Ladessa. Maybe he thought he had lost them but they caught up with him outside Bronte where he ran out of gas. Maybe they were hispanic....that's why he told his brother "some Mexicans chased me out of the neighborhood". I still think it was drug related and Brandon is hidden very well. Would love for someone to prove me wrong and find him safe and sound. Still don't think he is in that area. Whoever killed him took him away. JMO

***I Agree***
b0236.gif

Yes Chris is the co worker Kyle told Brandon to go score some drugs with 2 days prior to Brandon going missing. According to Kyle, Brandon and Chris went and got the drugs; then went and got high.

I am curious if Chris also went to Ft Worth with Brandon that night.

I personally feel Brandon is not in those fields. I think whoever harmed him (at least 3) took him the other direction in a car and he is a long way from that little town. Unfortunately, Bronte is not equipped to handle this sort of crime I think. Small force, lack of money, lack of interest. I imagine if this had been a local missing this would be a different story. Wish we could "Bring Brandon Home!".
I agree! I think he was never on hwy 277 that night possibly... and possibly not even the person who made that 911 call. I heard at least 3 voices on the 911 call. Is that why you say at least 3? Or, do you say that because there were 3 people out there that night claiming they were looking for Brandon Lawson? (KL, AK, and Chris).

Also curious what made you think of an 18-wheeler. I have never thought the sounds were those of gunshots. I’ve always felt it sounded like something was passing over the bridge. In your experiments (which are great BTW) did you record what it would sound like crossing the bridge from inside a vehicle? Passenger or 18-wheeler. Might be something worth exploring. I heard the “whoosh” of the truck passing you but it still wasn’t quite what we hear on the 911 call. Which will be better compared, like your said, when you can be on the phone with someone else who can determine how similar the sounds are.

I hear the sound of a blinker at the end of the 911 call. As in turn signal or emergency flashers. Which leads me to the personal conclusion that whoever made that call was inside of a car, and that someone passed by them going over the bridge/bumps or whatever made that sound.

The only reason I think he is not hallucinating is that I swear I hear another voice at the end of the 911 call say "yes" to the ambulance.

It's going to take a lot to convince me is is Brandon saying yes. Brandon talks on top of the other voice. JMO

I also hear someone other than Brandon Lawson say "I'm done".

I agree! I think he was never on hwy 277 that night possibly... and possibly not even the person who made that 911 call. I heard at least 3 voices on the 911 call. Is that why you say at least 3? Or, do you say that because there were 3 people out there that night claiming they were looking for Brandon Lawson? (KL, AK, and Chris).

I say 3 because of Brandon's size, what he said on the 911 call and what I heard on the 911 call. "They" chased "us"...there's 4 already!
I am interested in hearing your ideas about KL and LL. Some of the things KL stated in his interview did not ring true to me. I would have to listen to it again to remember everything. I have said it before, but will state it again. If you have never traveled to and from San Angelo, you would not realize what I am talking about, but several things about this whole story don't ring right to my gut.

I do not personally think BL was alone on the 911 call. It will take a lot to convince me the other voice answering "yes" at the end is BL. It is a totally different voice and BL actually speaks over him for a split second. Therefore, I don't think he was hallucinating.
Also, you can't see someone from the river all the way to BL's truck. You never leave San Angelo without gas! I've made that trip numerous times and there is nothing close for gas after you leave there. You just know better.
My opinion only, but he was running when he left SA and got caught when he ran out of gas. Someone overpowered him (at least 2-3) and he is somewhere between Bronte and Mexico!

I say 3 because of Brandon's size, what he said on the 911 call and what I heard on the 911 call. "They" chased "us"...there's 4 already!
I am interested in hearing your ideas about KL and LL. Some of the things KL stated in his interview did not ring true to me. I would have to listen to it again to remember everything. I have said it before, but will state it again. If you have never traveled to and from San Angelo, you would not realize what I am talking about, but several things about this whole story don't ring right to my gut.

I do not personally think BL was alone on the 911 call. It will take a lot to convince me the other voice answering "yes" at the end is BL. It is a totally different voice and BL actually speaks over him for a split second. Therefore, I don't think he was hallucinating.
Also, you can't see someone from the river all the way to BL's truck. You never leave San Angelo without gas! I've made that trip numerous times and there is nothing close for gas after you leave there. You just know better.
My opinion only, but he was running when he left SA and got caught when he ran out of gas. Someone overpowered him (at least 2-3) and he is somewhere between Bronte and Mexico!

Both BBM - These are my theories too. I think little bits and pieces of every "story" or "rumor" are true and they all fit together somehow. The entire night was chaos and I think we got portions of the stories from KL and LL, but not all. Because illegal things were happening, people clam up and aren't upfront to begin with. Do I think either had anything to do with what happened, I don't think so, but I do think something happened at Walmart and went forward from there. Whether KL and LL knew a little more on that information and didn't share it....maybe.

Dnp2be...thank you for your input. My theory is that it is BL on the 911 call. I think someone in San Angelo was chasing him and he left SA abruptly. People who live and travel to and from San Angelo KNOW to fill up with gas before they leave because it is pretty far to the next gas station. It's just something you do before you leave town. Brandon did not do that and he was supposedly going at least over 200 miles away from San Angelo in the middle of the night. So KL's story that "some Mexican's from the neighborhood" chased him to me has some truth to it. <modsnip>

I think whoever was chasing him caught up to him when he ran out of gas and he "was chased into the woods". He caught one guy (from the 911 call).....they fought and BL had him detained on the ground when he called 911. I think that is the person who says "yes" in the back ground. That voice sounds like they can barely breath and I think BL could be sitting on him. His yes is very breathy and forced.

Then "the other guy" somehow finds them and they overpower BL. I would have to look at the timeline again, but BL communicated with KL AFTER the 911 call. <modsnip>

Someone posting early on in the thread spoke to a Texas Ranger friend who thinks a drug cartel could have been involved. If that is true, his body is probably in Mexico and will never be discovered. I hope his family has found some peace and I am hopeful they will avoid the drug scene and stay clean. They all need peace. I am afraid he will never be found and we will never know the truth. JMO tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @nannymo for your input. It’s a plausible theory IMO. I think maybe all 3 know more than they let on and if your theory is correct, I could see why. Cartel is not one to mess with. And neither is anyone who is in that business. I’ve seen people I’ve known my whole life become someone completely different when on drugs. And reflecting on your post, It makes sense to me why a family member would keep quiet instead. If they already know what happened or the outcome, they don’t really need to help solve the case especially when it could put heat on them and their loved ones. Whoever hurt him probably would have no qualms about hurting any one of them either. And as parents we are ingrained to protect our children at all costs. So I agree with you, I also hope his loved ones have found acceptance and I think if you are correct, they might wish the case would go away. I remember watching a tv show where a victims loved one spoke to the killers daughter. The daughter had written a book detailing her fathers murders and the victims loved one explained how it wasn’t fair or right that she has to relive their tragedy while his daughter profits off the victims story. I will always remember that.

thank you again for sharing.

I see.

Yeah, I definitely hear several voices on the call as well.

One thing is that there was a gas station about 2 blocks from his house on the road he would have had to take to get to the fwy/hwy.

Even if he had stopped at Walmart, he would have passed that gas station first.

He called his Dad prior to leaving home saying that he was going to go there. He definitely would have left his home with the intention of making that long trip. His gas bell would have reminded him to get gas as soon as he started driving most likely. Even if it didn't, he would have known to get gas for his trip.

I don't believe he would have passed that gas station without putting gas. Unless the chase started at his house.

@world3

I have a brother who has a meth issue. He can get drugs from the same person for 2 weeks say. Go back and get drugs and it be a different 'batch'. Therefore it can, indeed, cause a chemical imbalance, different reaction, hallucinations, etc. So don't 'assume' this was not the case for Brandon that night.
Additionally, 2 or more people can partake of the same drug and have different experiences. So please don't assume because everyone else did not have the same reactions means Brandon didn't.
If he had bought from Chris, went to Ft. Worth and partied with a different source, and back to Chris, that is different batches.
It, IMO, also alters everyone's perception, recollection and the like of that night. If LL, KL, Chris, AK did not cooperate then there are pieces missing that would make things a little clearer for us.

If I'm recalling correctly, Brandon's mom called Kyle hoping Kyle could get Brandon to 'calm' down, right? Do you feel his mom is lying or Kyle made it up? Didn't Kyle want Brandon to come to his house? as in, to try and diffuse the conflict between BL and LL. So this leads me to believe that Brandon was having some sort of an issue, be that anger, rage, catching his brother and LL together, drugs, etc.

I don't know anything about a picture of KL in a chair.

If Brandon had indeed been 'clean' for a month, 3, 6, or a year then he COULD have issues when the drug abuse started back up.
And it is known that Meth, Pot, LSD, Acid, Codiene, Morphine, you get the idea, can indeed alter brain functions either temporarily or cause permanent damage. This is one of the reasons why people become addicts. IMO
The same goes for prior OD's. It does alter the brain/body chemistry, the same as any other 'injury' to the brain/body.

If Brandon was in an 'altered' state, had been to Ft. Worth the day before, made a flying trip back to SA and then wanted to go to Crowley, he may NOT have checked his fuel gauge and he may NOT have paid any attention to a dinging fuel alert. He could have thought he just fueled, when it could have been when he left Ft. Worth.
What was the year and model of the truck, did it have a low fuel alert? way back in the day it only lit up an 'icon'. Did it have a working low fuel alert? Do we know?

I am basing the following on my experiences dealing with my brother. Yesterday he told me he made himself tacos for supper. Today he told me he ate the food I had left in his fridge. Tomorrow he will tell me he needs groceries as he has no food. He had tacos a week ago, I did leave prepared food in his fridge on Thursday. I am going back to Texas today with his fridge/pantry stocked with food. Yesterday he wanted me to pay his bills and some other stuff. I had taken him the day before to do those errands. The point being his memory recall/perceptions are whacked.I hope that made sense LOL.
Based on what I've read Brandon did NOT have these issues or a lot of people covered for him. If he was in that shape I don't see him having an oilfield job but perhaps I'm naive.

I do find your thoughts very legit and interesting. It has given me more food for thought and maybe answers to why things are not as KL, LL, AK, Chris have stated. <modsnip>

MadMcGoo, I had the same feeling when I listened to that podcast interview with Kyle. I am not suspecting Kyle of anything except trying to protect his brother, but there are things he said which don't ring true to my common sense. I am going to have to find time to go back and listen to it again!

I have driven this road a thousand times. Born and raised in Abilene with family in San Angelo, I feel very close to Brandon's case. I am not sure if Kyle just might have been confused about some things, but for the most part I find his story credible. Some of the facts are not what they were when the story first broke, but I would have to go back and do some research. As you said....as I listened some things did not ring true to me either.

I still think he is deceased and possibly as a result of a drug deal gone wrong out in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully Brandon's body will be found someday.

2 things off of the top of my head that don't ring true in KL's podcast are that AK messaged BL's phone saying the cops were at his truck, but KL says Brandon Lawson saw the cops coming from far up the road and told KL "1 time run!!"

and that's another thing... I read a lot that KL and the cop pulled up at the same time but in KL interview he said that Brandon Lawson told him "1 time run!" when he saw the cop coming from up the road.

Also, does anyone know which direction Brandon Lawson truck was facing? Like was it facing towards San Angelo or towards Bronte??

@world3

I have a brother who has a meth issue. He can get drugs from the same person for 2 weeks say. Go back and get drugs and it be a different 'batch'. Therefore it can, indeed, cause a chemical imbalance, different reaction, hallucinations, etc. So don't 'assume' this was not the case for Brandon that night.
Additionally, 2 or more people can partake of the same drug and have different experiences. So please don't assume because everyone else did not have the same reactions means Brandon didn't.
If he had bought from Chris, went to Ft. Worth and partied with a different source, and back to Chris, that is different batches.
It, IMO, also alters everyone's perception, recollection and the like of that night. If LL, KL, Chris, AK did not cooperate then there are pieces missing that would make things a little clearer for us.

If I'm recalling correctly, Brandon's mom called Kyle hoping Kyle could get Brandon to 'calm' down, right? Do you feel his mom is lying or Kyle made it up? Didn't Kyle want Brandon to come to his house? as in, to try and diffuse the conflict between BL and LL. So this leads me to believe that Brandon was having some sort of an issue, be that anger, rage, catching his brother and LL together, drugs, etc.

I don't know anything about a picture of KL in a chair.

If Brandon had indeed been 'clean' for a month, 3, 6, or a year then he COULD have issues when the drug abuse started back up.
And it is known that Meth, Pot, LSD, Acid, Codiene, Morphine, you get the idea, can indeed alter brain functions either temporarily or cause permanent damage. This is one of the reasons why people become addicts. IMO
The same goes for prior OD's. It does alter the brain/body chemistry, the same as any other 'injury' to the brain/body.

If Brandon was in an 'altered' state, had been to Ft. Worth the day before, made a flying trip back to SA and then wanted to go to Crowley, he may NOT have checked his fuel gauge and he may NOT have paid any attention to a dinging fuel alert. He could have thought he just fueled, when it could have been when he left Ft. Worth.
What was the year and model of the truck, did it have a low fuel alert? way back in the day it only lit up an 'icon'. Did it have a working low fuel alert? Do we know?

I am basing the following on my experiences dealing with my brother. Yesterday he told me he made himself tacos for supper. Today he told me he ate the food I had left in his fridge. Tomorrow he will tell me he needs groceries as he has no food. He had tacos a week ago, I did leave prepared food in his fridge on Thursday. I am going back to Texas today with his fridge/pantry stocked with food. Yesterday he wanted me to pay his bills and some other stuff. I had taken him the day before to do those errands. The point being his memory recall/perceptions are whacked.I hope that made sense LOL.
Based on what I've read Brandon did NOT have these issues or a lot of people covered for him. If he was in that shape I don't see him having an oilfield job but perhaps I'm naive.

I do find your thoughts very legit and interesting. It has given me more food for thought and maybe answers to why things are not as KL, LL, AK, Chris have stated. <modsnip>.

<modsnip>

The fact that Brandon Lawson had been working at the same job for 13 months with no issues, and the fact that he wasn't strung out, make me feel confident that he was not having some kinda insanity trip that night. Also, Chris was just fine, and he and Brandon Lawson got high together.

The only reason KL wanted Brandon Lawson to come by, was when he found out Brandon Lawson was getting some dope, and he asked Brandon Lawson to go to his house when KL got off work. IMO to go get him and AK high. Brandon Lawson didn't show up though cus he supposedly went to Ft Worth. (crowley?).

Supposedly LL called Brandon Lawson's mom after Brandon Lawson left telling the mom Brandon Lawson was trippin out. Sounds to me more like Brandon Lawson was pissed off, than that he was out of his mind.

He didn't want to go to KL house, which is odd especially since as you said: KL had been waiting for him to show up for 2 days. Why wouldn't he just go crash at KL's house since KL wanted him to stop by and get him blazed out anyways. Makes me think he was pissed off at KL, too.He felt he had no one left in San Angelo that night and he supposedly headed out to the people he trusted and wanted to be around. according to the story given anyways.

The thing about Brandon Lawson not getting gas that I find almost impossible to believe is that the gas station was literally on a road he had to go down to get to the fwy, and only like 2 blocks from his house. Even if his tank was 1/2 way full, he would have stopped to fill up because Ft Worth (Crowley) is about 4 hrs away and would take a full tank of gas to get there; and he knew that already.

He wasn't too out of his mind to grab his phone charger and a change of clothing on the way out, so he was thinking ahead. If he had been just losing his mind and going wild he wouldn't have thought to grab a phone charger on his way out, IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back