TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But even if I was delivering it, if it was seen, it would be traced, and eventually back to me. You're right about this being the key to this case. If it was targeted, then someone very cleaver did this.

Good point.

But what if the car was being delivered to someone hundreds of miles away from the crime scene. My neighbor had no idea where her car was coming from IIRC...and I know she had no idea what route the driver took. Her car arrived around 4pm...a late model Mercedes SUV. I’m not sure if a crime was committed with a similar car many miles from her home, that she’d even have been aware of it.

I think the killer had plenty of info on neighborhood cameras. He knew just where to park. Last time I looked up her address on Google..there were two black pickups (not right model) in the street view. Neighbors would have to be especially alert to look closely.

Snipped for focus: “They did not care if anybody saw them, period. That is either extreme confidence, or they were fully expecting to eventually get caught.”

The sheer gall (and potential mistakes) of the killer is what leads me to believe that this was not a hired hit. IMO a professional would have thought about cameras, parked blocks away even and wore more of a disguise ie; a hat or a mask. I can’t see anyone that “knows what they’re doing” driving by before & after the shooting so brazenly, nor walking up in this quiet neighborhood popping off shots like it’s nothing. Idk, I really think this is a spur of the moment, jealous, vengeful killing, and I’d put my money on a love triangle, affair gone wrong, enraged spouse, etc;. MOO IMO

The sheer gall (and potential mistakes) of the killer is what leads me to believe that this was not a hired hit. IMO a professional would have thought about cameras, parked blocks away even and wore more of a disguise ie; a hat or a mask. I can’t see anyone that “knows what they’re doing” driving by before & after the shooting so brazenly, nor walking up in this quiet neighborhood popping off shots like it’s nothing. Idk, I really think this is a spur of the moment, jealous, vengeful killing, and I’d put my money on a love triangle, affair gone wrong, enraged spouse, etc;. MOO IMO

It’s been 2 years, no suspects, no arrests, seems like the mistakes weren’t that bad.

So any comments about the movement I mentioned finding in the video? Sorry, I can't help but be curious. Its one of those things that once you see you can't unsee. You have to be watching that spot just before the killer raises the gun, then it is obvious, it seems to dart away in a big hurry.

LE might have edited the video. I can't make out what it is either. I always thought the doorcam video may have been edited as well. LE might know what the killer said keeping the info close t their chest IMO

That this wasn't a professional hit man, I agree. But someone hiring the bouncer, bartender or even the local grocery store clerk is not something I would discount. We had two murder for hires in my area. Both times it was a military officer hiring one of the senior enlisted to commit or attempt to commit the murder of a spouse. And we're not talking about special forces or special operators, but senior enlisted who probably had not fired a gun on active duty in the previous 10 years. One of these cases I was sitting in the officer's club with the officer at the same time his estranged wife was being murdered 750 miles away.

Have any of you ever bought a car through an online service? A neighbor did this a few months ago. It was a very nice used car. She was given a range of time that the car would show up, then near the last moment, a definite time to meet. The driver did have an associate who then picked him up.

This is probably far fetched, but someone delivering a car...wouldn't have taken much time out of their schedule. The killing was early morning. They could have driven a few hundred miles more and delivered the car on time. And the person who was assigned to pick them up at the legit destination wouldn’t have to be part of it.

JnRyan, I’m in complete agreement with your post. I too believe it’s someone in disguise...IMO that EB recognized at the last moment. But the mystery of the lack of c0ncern about the truck has to be a key to solving this case. The killer is so detailed in everything...but no sweat about anyone seeing that truck.
THIS is something I haven't heard of but would be a real possibility.

The only other item I thought of is a military person on a six month to one year deployment to Afghanistan or Iraq. I know when I went on such deployments I left my car with either my parents or a friend. One such instance I left the car with a friend 5-6 hours away and they started it and drove it for me to insure it kept running. When I got back I was just very glad to have a set of wheels and I didn't care what crimes had been committed in the state.

Last edited:
I think if you don’t follow crime in the news you probably wouldn’t even know that your car was used in the commission of a crime.

I’ve lived in small towns where I’d assume everyone would know about major crimes but not a single one of my friends knew until I told them.

So while we know every detail of this crime it’s likely there are people in their subdivision that don’t have a clue.

I think the possibility of someone borrowing a friends car for a couple days is a very plausible scenario.

I think if you don’t follow crime in the news you probably wouldn’t even know that your car was used in the commission of a crime.

I’ve lived in small towns where I’d assume everyone would know about major crimes but not a single one of my friends knew until I told them.

So while we know every detail of this crime it’s likely there are people in their subdivision that don’t have a clue.

I think the possibility of someone borrowing a friends car for a couple days is a very plausible scenario.
I believe that is very probable. That is also a big chance this killer is taking. But from everything else we know this killer is willing to take risks so this would be just one more. I can hear it now..."I need to pick up a piece of furniture, can I borrow your truck?"

It's not a common truck at all. That's what is so perplexing about not being able to locate it.

It was also early in the morning. Prime time for mail trucks, deliveries, freight, and possible public transportation that would have a dash cam to place it somewhere near the house.

That this wasn't a professional hit man, I agree. But someone hiring the bouncer, bartender or even the local grocery store clerk is not something I would discount. We had two murder for hires in my area. Both times it was a military officer hiring one of the senior enlisted to commit or attempt to commit the murder of a spouse. And we're not talking about special forces or special operators, but senior enlisted who probably had not fired a gun on active duty in the previous 10 years. One of these cases I was sitting in the officer's club with the officer at the same time his estranged wife was being murdered 750 miles away.
Yes it could have totally been brought up in a conversation. I see this too. What nerve tho! MOO

If Elizabeth was alone why does there appear to be movement in the garage just before the killer raises the gun? Watch just to the left of the tree in the front yard, at the dark bit of garage and sale items we can see between and below the branches
edit: time code failed, skip to 1:55

I did a Reddit write up in detail about this where I also boosted and analyzed the audio from the additional door cam footage looking for evidence someone was speaking to/with Elizabeth when the killer walked up and shot her.. https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueCrimeD...1xuu/elizabeth_barraza_who_was_in_the_garage/

Sorry if this has already been mentioned or I did something wrong in my post, I've been away for long time.
You made a great find! What is that moving?

Am I missing something?
I don’t see a posting from Rosen
(my phone has been acting up lol)

Not sure why it’s not coming up for you, could be an issue with the link? Idk. See attached. this is for a data reporter, not analyst.

Attachments

• F81C26E8-7E8E-4304-89F9-150E21F0981A.jpeg
    F81C26E8-7E8E-4304-89F9-150E21F0981A.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 52522B7C-6516-4344-9B19-39A7F187056A.jpeg
    52522B7C-6516-4344-9B19-39A7F187056A.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 7FBE4E02-A9EC-4A5C-B079-EA104A568AC0.jpeg
    7FBE4E02-A9EC-4A5C-B079-EA104A568AC0.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 27

I've considered the killer may have been a younger adult, possibly still living at home, who borrowed his parents truck. When LE came calling, the parents hired an attorney and the investigation stalled. Related to something to do with Star Wars group.

JMO, just one theory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members