Funeral Preparations

I'm a first-time poster and am only just getting into this case, so forgive me if this is an ignorant question ... but how did JR know that JBR's arms were not bruised? Police reports and witness statements indicate that JBR was wearing the white, long-sleeved star top from GAP when the murder took place, and the long sleeves of a white top are clearly visible in BPD's photos from the scene. Her arms would have been hidden from JR's (and everyone else's) view at the time of the discovery of the body.

So did he or perhaps a close, trusted associate view the body at the coroner's office? It seems an ID would not have been necessary at that point, but maybe it was done as a formality. Or did he receive and thoroughly review an autopsy report or photos within 72 hours of the discovery of the body? Either is possible, I suppose, and would explain how he could be so certain her arms weren't bruised. But if neither happened, then his statement would raise a lot of questions in my mind as to how he would have come to that knowledge.

All this is assuming the newspaper account is accurate, of course.
Tintype, I can't answer your excellent questions about that reported conversation between John and Patsy, but I can confirm that a positive ID is required as a formality.

I don't know if John did this or who actually might have done it. But even then, usually the ID is done by a morgue employee who simply pulls down the sheet (or unzips the body-bag) covering the body exposing only the face to the relative. Any other uncovering is only done if there is an identifying birthmark or tattoo that necessitates positive ID. Morgue workers are sensitive to the discomfort felt by the person IDing the body, and are usually careful to only expose as much as necessary for identification.

Understanding this explains why anyone would question how John could so adamantly assure Patsy that there were no bruises on JonBenet's arms. Perhaps he couldn't, but simply did so as reassurance to Patsy knowing that the funeral home employees would use makeup to hide any indications of violence that would be evident on her body during "repose" (pun noted, but not intended).

What bothered me again, I keep saying it was her brother said one eye was caved in and leaking fluid down her cheek.
Without watching the video again, I recall that he only said he remembered her eye being "droopy." I may be wrong, but I don't recall any mention of "leaking fluid."

And the M.E. said she smelled strongly of decomposition.
I don't recall the ME saying anything about the smell of decomposition.

I think she was dead when they brought her home.
That's impossible with the evidence we know.

(Why only one bowl of pineapple was set out?)
Maybe only one person decided to eat some pineapple?

First I've heard about a planned Disney World Cruise. I wonder if any jealousy angles were explored with BR concerning this upcoming cruise? Does this planned cruise fit with school schedules for both JBR and BR?

The earliest school could have started back was Thursday, Jan. 2, 1997, and possibly not until Monday, Jan. 6. JonBenet and Burke both attended the same school, High Peaks Elementary.

At any rate, the entire family was going on the cruise, which was to have been for four days. So, no sibling jealousy.

The earliest school could have started back was Thursday, Jan. 2, 1997, and possibly not until Monday, Jan. 6. JonBenet and Burke both attended the same school, High Peaks Elementary.

At any rate, the entire family was going on the cruise, which was to have been for four days. So, no sibling jealousy.
What a long length of time between posts...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back