Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always call the CCSO and ask them about the status of the case...
Yes, Minordetails. I'd love for you to call and say, "I'm calling about the SM case. Can you tell me if it is in Drive, Neutral, Park or Reverse?"

If you put it that way, I think that you might get a response! :D

ZZZZZZZZ?
I am not feeling confident that there will be resolution here. I think LE may know who the responsible party is, but the DA may not feel there is enough evidence to support a conviction. I wonder how some of the characters sleep at night.
@DizzyB bbm
Not sure which "characters" the ^ post refers to --- LE, DA, or perp(s) involved in SM's disappearance. Sorry, sometimes I'm dense.

LE? As others here have stated, they have info that we/the gen public does not; they could be one puzzle piece away from having a solid case to go to DA.
DA? Counter productive to head to trial if insufficient evd has been gathered for a conviction, so could be waiting for & encouraging LE to nail that one specific last thing.
Perps(s)? Maybe, no conscience, thinks he has committed the perfect murder.
Idk.
Maybe all are sleeping at night, but none of them is sleeping well? my2ct

Pic of bike in situ?
50/50 that there is no picture of the bike at the bottom of the hill. JMO
@Minordetails bbm Not sure about meaning of ^ numbers. If post is saying chances are either --- no pic of bike there or a pic of bike there,
then yes, agreeing 100%, it's one or the other.;):rolleyes: :D

If post is saying something else, like, if no pic of bike there, then insinuating LE laziness or ineptitude, respectfully disagreeing. my2ct.

Pic of bike in situ?
@Minordetails bbm Not sure about meaning of ^ numbers. If post is saying chances are either --- no pic of bike there or a pic of bike there,
then yes, agreeing 100%, it's one or the other.;):rolleyes: :D

If post is saying something else, like, if no pic of bike there, then insinuating LE laziness or ineptitude, respectfully disagreeing. my2ct.
I’m not insinuating LE laziness or ineptitude. I’m just saying that there is a possibility that no picture of the bike was taken at the bottom of the hill. We don’t know who found the bike or if it was moved before LE realized what was happening. I don’t blame LE. If I’m the DA though, I want to see pictures of the bike exactly how it was found, I want to know who all touched the bike and how soon the site was secured.
The answers to these questions could make or break a circumstantial evidence case.
JMO

Make or Break Details?
...I’m just saying that there is a possibility that no picture of the bike was taken at the bottom of the hill. We don’t know who found the bike or if it was moved before LE realized what was happening. I don’t blame LE. If I’m the DA though, I want to see pictures of the bike exactly how it was found, I want to know who all touched the bike and how soon the site was secured.
The answers to these questions could make or break a circumstantial evidence case.
JMO
@Minordetails bbm sbm Thanks for your response.

Yes, those details could make or break a circumstantial case. Conceivably the same even for a case w eye-witness and ear-witness to the perp causing the injuries that lead to the victim's death.

:)If I was DA, like you, I'd want those pix too.:)my2ct

Is anyone else curious as to what BM and GD are planning for the 1 year anniversary of Suzanne's disappearance?

I hope LE have plans of their own that day.
Maybe since it will be one, year he’ll finally take a lie detector ! Not probable but it would be great :)

I do wonder what he has planned , but then I think ... if my spouse has been missing ... there wouldn’t be anything special on the year anniversary because we never stopped searching every day for a year! Barry can’t say anything close to that and that is why I think he is probably at the top of the list of suspects in my opinion.

MOO

Last edited:
Yes, Minordetails. I'd love for you to call and say, "I'm calling about the SM case. Can you tell me if it is in Drive, Neutral, Park or Reverse?"

Bet a detective would get a real kick out that question :p

Little over two months and it will be a whole year since Suzanne went missing. Meanwhile it appears someone close to her is still free to roam about footloose and not a care in the world. Has the house sold yet, I haven't kept up with that detail? If not, I wonder how good he is at keeping it clean? Bet he has a great helper ...

Im thinking about the app on our phones that tracks where you've been. Mines through Google. It gives me a monthly update which I never bother to look at. It tells me where I've been in the past month. I personally think people are creatures of habit. If someone had access to BMs tracking app say for the two years previous to SM disappearance I would think that those locations on the app would hold valuable information for search areas. moo

I’m not sure how much more Andy can do right now. Prior to going out to CO, while he was in CO conducting his searches, and for a little while after his search concluded, Andy was visible in the media. He spoke about Suzanne, his planned search, answered questions to the best of his knowledge/ability, provided updates regarding the searches, and even did some interviews post search.
I remember watching his interview with Dr. Phil in early October, just a few days after the conclusion of his searches. His voice cracked and looked like he’d break down in tears any minute. Struggle as he might, managed to stay strong and maintained his composure throughout the interview. It was obvious though, that this was a defeated, heartbroken man who’d been through the ringer. My heart broke and continues to break for him.

Personally, I am hesitant to judge why Andy isn’t speaking in the media now. He has a family and a business in Indiana, which he put on hold for several months, and understandably, still grieving his Father’s death.
If Andy felt LE wasn’t focusing on/still investigating Suzanne’s case, I believe we’d be hearing about it from him, but as previously stated, I really do believe it likely that Andy is staying in contact with LE and knows/trusts all LE involved are still investigating, putting the puzzle pieces together until the envelope is sealed, and ready to be brought to the DA. Again, like many, I too believe LE and AM know Suzanne is deceased and who the perpetrator is, that her remains are hidden very well. And without a body, LE needs to be able to prove SM is deceased-show proof of death. before the DA will agree to prosecute. If Suzanne was strangled (which I currently lean to), it’s going to be even harder to prove she’s deceased, i.e., no physical evidence of death at the crime scene.

IMO, while still actively investigating, LE is watching certain people(s) for slip ups, and for someone to start talking.
LE may also be conducting searches now, we just don’t know. If/when Andy comes back to CO to search, we’ll most likely see him in the media again discussing his search(es).

We all want justice for Suzanne yesterday, but the fact is, the wheels of justice turn slowly. And in a case that’s shaping up as mostly circumstantial, it will take even longer. While it’s really hard to remain patient, I’m willing to wait while LE methodically builds their case, crossing t’s, dotting i’s, in order for it to be successfully prosecuted, and Suzanne gets the justice she so rightfully deserves.

One bite of the apple...

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
i agree. it doesn’t seem like there will be an arrest for at least another 3 months now (unless they ceremoniously arrest him on Mother’s day). otherwise i would think maybe they’ll search for her until they give up. wishful thinking.

Bet a detective would get a real kick out that question :p

Little over two months and it will be a whole year since Suzanne went missing. Meanwhile it appears someone close to her is still free to roam about footloose and not a care in the world. Has the house sold yet, I haven't kept up with that detail? If not, I wonder how good he is at keeping it clean? Bet he has a great helper ...
Isn't BM renting the place through AirBnB? If so, he probably has a regular housekeeper. Did they have a housekeeper when Suzanne was there? If so, maybe, she is still working for Barry.

Maybe since it will be one, year he’ll finally take a lie detector ! Not probable but it would be great :)

I do wonder what he has planned , but then I think ... if my spouse has been missing ... there wouldn’t be anything special on the year anniversary because we never stopped searching every day for a year! Barry can’t say anything close to that and that is why I think he is probably at the top of the list of suspects in my opinion.

MOO
well i would 1000% EXPECT BM and fam to have a MOTHER’S DAY memorial!! IF there was hope she’s still out there somewhere- even if just to recover her body- be making a public plea to keep her in everyone’s mind. that’s just what I think I would do. i know everyone is different.
Mother’s Day is going to be a TOUGH one for this family every year, and whoever is responsible needs to confess. This crime doesn’t warrant someone* to remain a free man. IMO the only way the innocent ones in this can heal is for them to know the truth, as horrible as it is to hear ... what’s horrifying is the crime (and narcissistic behavior afterwards!) itself. :( But narcissists don’t have feelings not even for their own children, and eventually these daughters will turn on their dad. MOO

Last edited:
Isn't BM renting the place through AirBnB? If so, he probably has a regular housekeeper. Did they have a housekeeper when Suzanne was there? If so, maybe, she is still working for Barry.

And if he has a regular housekeeper now, was she the same housekeeper that was the last to see Barry walking with Suzanne, near the trash, the week before she went missing?

well i would 1000% EXPECT BM and fam to have a MOTHER’S DAY memorial!! IF there was hope she’s still out there somewhere- even if just to recover her body- be making a public plea to keep her in everyone’s mind. that’s just what I think I would do. i know everyone is different.
Mother’s Day is going to be a TOUGH one for this family every year, and whoever is responsible needs to confess. This crime doesn’t warrant someone* to remain a free man. IMO the only way the innocent ones in this can heal is for them to know the truth, as horrible as it is to hear ... what’s horrifying is the crime (and narcissistic behavior afterwards!) itself. :( But narcissists don’t have feelings not even for their own children, and eventually these daughters will turn on their dad. MOO
You are so right, narcissist view people as objects . It’s so sad , and yes the only way to heal , I agree, is to have the full truth told . I can not imagine going through all this . I don’t think a confession will ever happen, but I think someone getting backed against a wall is possible !!
Moo

That is too funny, or ask are you in 1st or 5th gear?! Marathon or sprint lol!!! They wouldn't know how to respond I bet !

MOO

ZZZZZZZZ?
@DizzyB bbm
Not sure which "characters" the ^ post refers to --- LE, DA, or perp(s) involved in SM's disappearance. Sorry, sometimes I'm dense.

LE? As others here have stated, they have info that we/the gen public does not; they could be one puzzle piece away from having a solid case to go to DA.
DA? Counter productive to head to trial if insufficient evd has been gathered for a conviction, so could be waiting for & encouraging LE to nail that one specific last thing.
Perps(s)? Maybe, no conscience, thinks he has committed the perfect murder.
Idk.
Maybe all are sleeping at night, but none of them is sleeping well? my2ct

I have no issues with LE. They are doing what they can with the information that they have. Same with the DA at this point-since we don’t know what evidence is there, we don’t know if there is enough to support a conviction. Better to wait .

I don’t think that the perp’s behavior existed in a vacuum. I don’t think that this was a question of a completely normal person snapping for the first time and killing Suzanne. I just wonder about the people that surround that person. What are they withholding? Are they still supporting that individual? Did they see things or know things that they are not sharing? I feel like they are not honoring Suzanne. I think of the Unabomber’s brother who turned him in. Sadly, sometimes you have to do what’s right, even if it hurts people close to you. Those are the individuals I wonder about.

I have no issues with LE. They are doing what they can with the information that they have. Same with the DA at this point-since we don’t know what evidence is there, we don’t know if there is enough to support a conviction. Better to wait .

I don’t think that the perp’s behavior existed in a vacuum. I don’t think that this was a question of a completely normal person snapping for the first time and killing Suzanne. I just wonder about the people that surround that person. What are they withholding? Are they still supporting that individual? Did they see things or know things that they are not sharing? I feel like they are not honoring Suzanne. I think of the Unabomber’s brother who turned him in. Sadly, sometimes you have to do what’s right, even if it hurts people close to you. Those are the individuals I wonder about.
That is the such a good description of the behavior being there already. I think the closest people around him most likely have a question in the back of their mind about his guilt. Have they said anything like they should? Probably not.

moo

Since, in my opinion, LE called out Suzanne's friends that "she loved dearly", I want them to start talking. Enough with the BS if they have information on her social media presence that will assist LE in this investigation. LE was talking to them with kid gloves in this media release, pleading. IMO

In one aspect of the case, the task force continues to focus on Suzanne Morphew’s social media presence as part of the investigation. Investigators say Suzanne kept in touch with friends she loved dearly. They also believe that sometimes in these types of cases that people don’t come forward with information for concern that they may get someone in trouble. To those who may be fearful to come forward, they can reach out anonymously. Once investigators know your concerns, they can address them.

Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie