Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what she does.
I'll never find her amusing or entertaining.
I despise her in a way that does not hurt my own soul.
She viciously and sadistically ripped a child's life away.
That's all I see and it's not even human or close.
I do not see her as a woman assaulting a child, I see her as a frenzied ball of filthy energy.
Dark and Evil.

I have to admit I find her amusing, and not in a funny way. She's a freaking loon.

I want her to perform and unravel and rot. Landen and Al can handle this.

I have to admit I find her amusing, and not in a funny way. She's a freaking loon.

I want her to perform and unravel and rot. Landen and Al can handle this.
Just because they can, why should they?
Why should anybody be subjected to it?
Nothing she will do and nothing the Justice system does will take from the fact that she believed she took a correct and appropriate action when she took that child's life. As if she had that right.
On the same vein, she now reckons she has the right to take the entire justice system.
It's the same motivation, the same sense of entitlement.
I'm against the death penalty because I find it to be a barbaric solution for humans.
But I know that many people are simply not réhabilitable. As long as she lives, it doesn't matter how many shackles or chains confine her, she will always be hurting other people for her own amusement.
This time there will be more witnesses.
That is good but it also bothers me profoundly that she gets to act out in a public forum, insofar as it will be public, another trial by tweet.

Just because they can, why should they?
Why should anybody be subjected to it?
Nothing she will do and nothing the Justice system does will take from the fact that she believed she took a correct and appropriate action when she took that child's life. As if she had that right.
On the same vein, she now reckons she has the right to take the entire justice system.
It's the same motivation, the same sense of entitlement.
I'm against the death penalty because I find it to be a barbaric solution for humans.
But I know that many people are simply not réhabilitable. As long as she lives, it doesn't matter how many shackles or chains confine her, she will always be hurting other people for her own amusement.
This time there will be more witnesses.
That is good but it also bothers me profoundly that she gets to act out in a public forum, insofar as it will be public, another trial by tweet.

I completely agree. No one should be subjected to listening to that piece of lying filth.

She's not a serial killer unknown to the family, either, though.

The familiarity/relation to the family will actually play in Gannon's favor.

Leticia, like every accused in the US, deserves representation. I’m ecstatic to hear she’ll be permitted to represent herself. She deserves nothing more. Although she’ll probably be very disappointed that her trial will not be televised.

BBM Perfectly stated! She deserves no more than what is “constitutionally” allowed to her, her being such a civil-minded person behind bars for the murder of her step-son.

I completely agree. No one should be subjected to listening to that piece of lying filth.

She's not a serial killer unknown to the family, either, though.

The familiarity/relation to the family will actually play in Gannon's favor.
I hope.
Landen is very strong, she has amazing faith and she has amazing trust in God, I wish I had an inch of what she has.
But she'll be hearing many of the excruciating details for the first time too and she will be made vulnerable by that. and the vulture will swoop then, energetically.
It's going to be horrible.

I had figured this would happen but somehow shocked as well. What an idiot. Narcissistic sociopath just wants any opportunity to smear everyone she can. I don’t think she thinks she can get an acquittal (heh who am I kidding) but she’s been feeling so silenced that she needs her stage back, even for a little while, she needs that disgusting satisfaction that comes from emotionally and psychologically retraumatizing everyone involved. I cannot imagine what her cross examination of Al will be like, insinuating his involvement and abuse..
I hope for all of their sakes that she will not be the one asking the questions.
craziest case I’ve ever followed from the beginning.

so sounds like the trial will be on live but not recorded?

I’d like to be a fly on the wall when TS starts reading the 30,000 pages of discovery and realizes the overwhelming amount of evidence the State of CO has meticulously accumulated. Can you imagine how she’s going to behave when the pressure starts getting way, way more intense than anything she’s previously known. Life + 150+ years might start to really feel like it sounds, I hope! I don’t think the jail is going to let her have her way regarding access to the law library, etc anytime she chooses. They’re responsible for thousands and she’s very high risk ie escape, attacks on guards etc.

Ready for justice to be handed to her! MOO.
Edited for correction

I’d like to be a fly on the wall when TS starts reading the 30,000 pages of discovery and realizes the overwhelming amount of evidence the State of CO has meticulously accumulated. Can you imagine how she’s going to behave when the pressure starts getting way, way more intense than anything she’s previously known. Life + 150+ years might start to really feel like it sounds, I hope! I don’t think the jail is going to let her have her way regarding access to the law library, etc anytime she chooses. They’re responsible for thousands and she’s very high risk ie escape, attacks on guards etc.

Edited for correction

I wanna be the fly on the wall when she starts going thru the discovery and realizes she doesn't understand 99% of what's in there. Just for example, cell tower coordinates... as we saw in the Daybell case, Alex Cox's cell phone info was 28,000 pages by itself.... and they were not tracking him from Colorado to Florida.... AND it required a team of experienced people to go thru it just to find the important parts.... Good luck, T... you are gonna need it.

Jmo

I haven't seen this posted yet here so thought I would share.
I thought it was a good article.
Letecia Stauch will defend herself at murder trial, now what?
Letecia Stauch will defend herself at murder trial, now what? - KRDO

It is a good article, and it also answers a question I note at least one person asked upthread:

"In Colorado, an in-custody defendant does not have the right to have all of his or her discovery at their disposal. They have the right to know all of their discovery and to have all their discovery read to them, but they do not have an absolute right to have their discovery with them while they are in the jail. And, the reason for that is to actually help the in-custody defendant because so many times there are jailhouse snitches, and those jailhouse snitches can get access to that discovery, call the District Attorney's office and say, 'Hey, defendant A just confessed to this homicide. This is all that they told me about the case,' and garner a better deal for themselves. That defendant may not have actually had a conversation with the jailhouse snitch, but the jailhouse snitch was able to get the information from the police reports. So, there's a real benefit to not having your discovery while you're incarcerated. You don't have privacy, you're in a jail."

Edited for correction

She will believe it's all lies or they must have done something wrong in gathering evidence, or they are trying to frame her, or, or, or... She is a classic narcissist. Nothing is her fault. I also think she believes she is far smarter than any attorney and will be able to discover the loophole that will let her off, when no one else would be able to do that. She's a complete nutjob.

I hope for all of their sakes that she will not be the one asking the questions.
craziest case I’ve ever followed from the beginning.

so sounds like the trial will be on live but not recorded?

When does the trial start?
Will it be available for viewing anywhere?

Colorado state law provides for strict courtroom decorum -- prohibiting cameras, live coverage, recording, (i.e., expanded media coverage) in criminal cases, except for advisements and arraignments. (Please see O-4 for example of Order Granting Request for Expanded Media for LS 2020 advisement).

Otherwise, please see O-12 - Order re. Expanded Media Coverage linked below.

Colorado MSM Reporters are known to attend trials and tweet outside the courtroom whenever there's a break and/or the court in recess. Many of us on WS covering trials and posting tweets have renamed Colorado the "trial by Twitter state."

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...auch/O12 Order re Expanded Media Coverage.pdf

I’m pretty sure I read the judge will not allow her to change her mind.

This happens more often than not -- defendants realize it's too difficult!

Who could forget when Jodi Arias requested to represent herself during the penalty portion of her trial in 2008, and after her motion granted, she decided it was too difficult to interview witnesses from jail, and filed a motion to relinquish her right to serve as her own attorney, "effective immediately upon filing."

What the Judge said was that LS would not be allowed to use her self-representation to delay the trial, or play games. The trial would move on without her.

Jodi Arias Doesn't Want to Represent Herself, After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member