CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest* #2

This is fishy... Star witness and shot the week before she was scheduled to testify... i struggle with believing there is no connection... for now. I know that stranger things have happened, but how convenient for DL...

JUSTICE FOR KELSIE!!!

I'm remind of P. Frazee who, from jail, wrote out a hit list, on commissary napkins, to an inmate one cell over, with explicit instructions on whom to eliminate and whom to restrain, all to prevent damning testimony against him.

Do we have a history here of eliminating what is bothersome?

Asking for a friend.

JMO

Last edited:
Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 1m
Sara Lucas apparently said it was around 9 or 9:30 AM on February 5, and that she talked to #DontheLucas in the living room. Apparently, she thought #KelsieSchelling was either in the room with an “X” or in the twins’ room, according to Agent Torres testimony. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon @ColetteBordelon 5m
The “X” is the room that belonged to #Lucas, even though he apparently regularly used the room marked “twins.” In an interview with Denver Detective Ted Binet, Sara Lucas told him about going into the home on the morning of Feb. 5, and seeing #DontheLucas in the home. @KOAA

I seriously doubt that Kelsie had ever been inside any Lucas family home prior to time she disappeared. She was pregnant, drove 2+ hours in the evening to Pueblo after being lured by Lucas.

It was early February-- How many mornings during this trial have we seen it snowing in town!

Instead of going to her baby daddy's home, she's stuck waiting for Lucas for 2 hours in a Walmart parking lot. He had a history here--make Kelsie meet him in parking lots or side streets near grandma's house because Lucas could never have Kelsie walking up to the family home!

And now we have Sara Lucas testifying that she was having words with Lucas over him having Kelsie inside grandma's house. Nope. Kelsie's supposed to sleep inside her car, at Walmart, or parked on the side street.... :eek:

But we know better. Only Kelsie's car was located at grandma's house. Sara didn't see Keslie -- or expect to see her because she was dead.

MOO

Donthe Lucas trial focuses on Kelsie Schelling's car, confrontation

March 2, 2021

[..]
Before the neighbor Mercedes Woods testified, 10th Judicial District Court Judge Thomas Flesher told the jury that the prosecution asserts the evidence (provided by Woods) goes to the defendant’s state of mind and told the jury they may not consider the testimony for any other purpose. He said it is up to the jury to give what weight, if any, it wishes to give to the testimony.

Woods testified her grandmother was a neighbor of the Lucas family on Toronto Place. She said she became aware of Kelsie Schelling as a missing person in May 2013 and she and her family participated in a search for her.

At the search she was given missing posters featuring Schelling’s photo. She testified about when she tried to hang up a poster on a tree near her grandmother’s front yard.

“We noticed Donthe Lucas was home — he asked us to leave,” by yelling through the screen door from inside the home, Woods said. “Moments later his mom (Sara Lucas) showed up and she physically tried to assault my mother.

"She was screaming at us and asked us to leave and not harass her son,” Woods testified, indicating her mother had pointed out they were on public property and had a right to be there. “She came running at my mother and tried to push her."

[..]

She was asked by Deputy District Attorney Michelle Chostner if the posters contained any information about Lucas to which she replied “no.”

Woods testified Sara Lucas called the police and accused the Woods family of slandering her son.

Under cross examination by Defense Attorney David Lipka, Woods said Donthe Lucas did not participate in the argument.

Donthe Lucas trial for Kelsie Schelling's murder enters 11th day

March 3, 2021

On the 11th day of the Donthe Lucas homicide trial, another woman who first heard about the disappearance of Kelsie Schelling and Lucas’ possible involvement in the case said she became romantically involved and intimate with Lucas after contacting him to try to obtain information.

[..]

Lauren Suhr, who began her testimony Tuesday, said she was “playing the role” of Lucas’ girlfriend after first contacting him on Facebook in 2016 to learn more about Schelling’s disappearance, then meeting up with Lucas several times to hang out and eventually, becoming intimate.

[..]

Another woman, Jessica Martin, told a similar story about her experiences with Lucas earlier in the trial.

“I would say things got romantic,” Suhr said.

“In the back of my mind I knew what I was doing and what it was for (to gain information) but I would say there was romance involved.”

While she was meeting with Lucas, Suhr said she was communicating what he told her about the case to a friend, who Lucas’ defense attorney David Lipka said was passing the information to Schelling’s mother, Laura Saxton.

All the while, the romantic element of her relationship with Lucas continued to develop.

At one point, Suhr testified, Lucas proposed marriage.

She said she told him she needed to think about it but did accept Lucas’ ring and later told agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation she would often wear it.

[..]

Torres also outlined the wire tap operation that was being conducted on members of the Lucas family beginning in November 2017.

He said Lucas family members’ phones were tapped for monitoring and police attempted to stir up chatter on their communication devices by attempting to initiate new interviews and conducting several searches throughout Pueblo at locations that could be tied to the case.

On Nov. 12, Sara Lucas purchased a one-way plane ticket for Donthe to Phoenix. The following day, Donthe Lucas was placed in custody at Denver International Airport before he could board his flight.

[..]

Melea Lobato was living in Lucas’ former home on Manor Ridge in April 2017 and testified that on April 7, she had just gotten home when she heard a knock on the door and opened it to find Lucas, whom she recognized from photos in the media.

Lobato testified Lucas told her he knew someone who lived in the home and didn’t know what Lucas was doing there. She said he was continuously looking toward the back yard as he spoke with her, which she said was actively being dug up by law enforcement authorities looking for evidence.

But Tameler asked Torres about the timeline of the investigation as it related to Lobato’s encounter with Lucas.

Torres testified that ground penetrating radar and a cadaver dog had been used to identify a potential area of interest in the Manor Ridge backyard, which is what was occurring on the day Lucas allegedly appeared.

Last edited:
Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]7m
It’s chilly in #Pueblo on day 12 of the #DontheLucas murder trial, who’s accused of killing #KelsieSchelling eight years ago when she was two months pregnant. This will be my thread today. @KOAA

Colette Bordelon [URL='https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon']@ColetteBordelon [/URL]6m
We should be starting with CBI Agent Kevin Torres on the witness stand. He’s testified several times already in the trial. #KelsieSchelling #DontheLucas@KOAA

Brandon Thompson [URL='https://twitter.com/BThompsonNews']@BThompsonNews [/URL]27m
Happening right now in the Donthe Lucas trial: Jurors are being asked about if they have seen any media reports about the case or trial. Four jurors raised their hands and the judge asked them to stay in the courtroom for further questions. It’s not clear how much

Brandon Thompson [URL='https://twitter.com/BThompsonNews']@BThompsonNews [/URL]27m
These jurors saw or read, but it’s important to note there are only three alternates. The court is closed right now.

I seriously doubt that Kelsie had ever been inside any Lucas family home prior to time she disappeared. She was pregnant, drove 2+ hours in the evening to Pueblo after being lured by Lucas.

It was early February-- How many mornings during this trial have we seen it snowing in town!

Instead of going to her baby daddy's home, she's stuck waiting for Lucas for 2 hours in a Walmart parking lot. He had a history here--make Kelsie meet him in parking lots or side streets near grandma's house because Lucas could never have Kelsie walking up to the family home!

And now we have Sara Lucas testifying that she was having words with Lucas over him having Kelsie inside grandma's house. Nope. Kelsie's supposed to sleep inside her car, at Walmart, or parked on the side street.... :eek:

But we know better. Only Kelsie's car was located at grandma's house. Sara didn't see Keslie -- or expect to see her because she was dead.

MOO

BBM- I am sorry....whoever decided this part of the story made sense had lost their mind. Who is going to sleep in their car in this weather? Especially if you are pregnant and had been left to wait for hours for someone who didn't want anything to do with your child. Plus he adds in somewhere to his story that they supposedly had broken up. So much of the story is pure horse***t IMO but this one just takes the cake.

A mistrial leaves open the possibility of a retrial, correct?

Acquittal, worse.

I think it's obvious what happened but I worry about the jury.... it only takes one.

JMO

Kasia Kerridge @KasiaKerridgeTV 40s
SCHELLING/LUCAS DAY 12: There were discussions between the judge and 4 jurors who reported they saw some sort of news coverage of the witness death yesterday. After brief pause, trial proceeds as normal. @KKTV11News

Do we expect the case to go to the jury tonight?

I hope the Prosecution has some bombshell evidence today!

JMO

Brandon Thompson @BThompsonNews 1m
Potential dissaster (or mistrial) averted. It wasn't discussed, but proceedings continued as normal after about 45 minutes of clsoed court. I haven't had a chance to go back in the courtroom to see how many jurors are left, but Det. Kevin Torres continues his testimony from
Quote Tweet

_vTHnFca_mini.jpg
Brandon Thompson @BThompsonNews 1h
Happening right now in the Donthe Lucas trial: Jurors are being asked about if they have seen any media reports about the case or trial. Four jurors raised their hands and the judge asked them to stay in the courtroom for further questions. It’s not clear how much

Replying to @BThompsonNews
estimation of how many miles were on the car, saying it depended on family estimation. Torres defended it saying the cell phone info gave a reliable track. Finally defense had Torres underscore that there were no signs of a struggle or homicide in the Feb. 15, 2013 search of

Lucas's grandmother's home.

Last edited:
Brandon Thompson @BThompsonNews 15m
Parvis: "You and your mom for sure. I don't know about the rest of the family." and he later says "God knows about it, you know about it, Kelsie knows about it, your mom knows about it." to which Lucas says his family didn't know Kelsie and "If my mom did that I would've been the

Brandon Thompson @BThompsonNews 15m
quickest one to tell you." This is where court broke for lunch. Officers keep telling Lucas that "Today's the day" and"We need to talk about Kelsie more.... It's game time now."

[URL='https://twitter.com/BThompsonNews']Brandon Thompson
@BThompsonNews 32m
Update from the actual court procedings: The interview Lucas gave after he was arrested at DIA when he was about to board a one-way flight to Phoenix was played. In it, investigators are constantly trying to empathize with Lucas say "I've been there" or "I've made bad choices" or[/URL]

Brandon Thompson @BThompsonNews 13m
Replying to @BThompsonNews
being in "bad situations." We haven't heard all the tape yet, but Lucas isn't cracking. "I can't.. I know you guys want me to confess.. But i can't actually do that. If I actually did that I would've turned myself in....my grandma had a stroke and almost lost her. This has broken

Brandon Thompson @BThompsonNews 13m
my family." On the note of family, these two officers, Pueblo police sgt Cody Wagner and Sgt Parvis (I think, name wasn't spelled in court) are not shy about implicating Lucas' mother Sara. "You guys have the answers on Kelsie" Parvis says, Lucas response "Who's you guys?"

Last edited:
It’s chilly in #Pueblo on day 12 of the #DontheLucas murder trial, who’s accused of killing #KelsieSchelling eight years ago when she was two months pregnant.
^^sbbm

And in March, it's still chilly in Pueblo!

Still thinking of Kelsie spending her last hours alive waiting inside her car. I think most of us know exactly how misguided, trusting, and naive, a 21-year-old woman can be. I'm so sorry that Kelsie ever fell in love with Lucas. :( There seems to be no disagreement that Lucas is known to be very charming. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back