Found Deceased MO - Darrell Peak, 40, Kaiden, 4, Mayson, 3, Warsaw - 25 Feb 2021

MAR 1, 2021
Missing Greene County father, two sons found dead in Benton County, officials say | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports (fox4kc.com)
[...]

Linemen working on nearby power lines found the bodies around 4:20 p.m. in a abandoned shack not far from where the three were last seen in Benton County, officials say. The workers were in that same area Saturday, so it’s unclear how long the bodies had been there, the Benton County sheriff said Monday night.

Officials have not released any details on a cause of death. The Benton County Sheriff’s Office and the Missouri State Highway Patrol are now conducting a death investigation.

“All I can say is it’s just devastating,” Benton County Sheriff Eric Knox said. “This isn’t something that you normally find. It’s not something that happens in Benton County.”

[...]

It sounds like a miracle that they were located so quickly in that abandoned shack. If not for the powerline workers, they may not have been found for quite awhile, depending on how rural the area is. Heartbreaking that this was Dad's idea of a new start.

This case has given me nightmares. Early on, I suspected it might turn out this way which is the reason I asked if Darrell had a gun/weapon on him. I hoped and prayed that I was wrong.

I do not assume that Darrell shot the babies although that seems the most likely scenario, but I do think that's how he killed himself. What tears me apart is that one of those little boys may have watched his Daddy kill his brother.
t2366.gif
Unless perhaps, they were drugged.

In any case, it is as gut-wrenching to think about as Chris Watts smothering his baby girls one-by-one before he dropped their little bodies into oil tanks. Why, oh why, can't grown-ups deal with their own problems and leave the innocent babies out of it? I will never understand.

May God forgive me, but I hope Darrell rots in hell. My prayers are reserved for Kaiden and Mayson's mama. MOO

Last edited:
Authorities consider death of father and kids is an apparent murder-suicide

To Note:
•Benton County Sheriff Eric Knox says the death of Darrell, Mayson, and Kaiden Peak appears to be the result of a murder/suicide.
•The medical examiner is working to confirm that as the cause of death.
•Utility workers in the area confirmed with Sheriff Knox that the three were not in the shack Saturday.

(Photo of shack included; shows it’s not too far off the highway.)

What in the world is going on in Kansas and Missouri the last several months?

4 yr old Jessica Mast was killed on 12/19/20 in Benton County, MO.

2 boys, 12 and 14, Austin and Logan Jackson, allegedly killed by their father in Leavenworth, KS in 10/20.

Olivia Jansen 3, Kansas City, KS allegedly killed by child abuse 7/20.

Now these 2 precious boys. I hope they died instantly.

Last edited:
This is my best guess of where the shack was based on road names in several articles :

Google Maps
Corner of US-65 and Hwy. T. I swear this image is haunting. :(
Matches the report on a sighting of them walking along 65 :(
Prayers for Mama and loved ones, heartbreaking doesn't begin to cover it.
It has been a terrible week, the senseless loss of sweet children can be so overwhelming. Love those in your sphere a little extra today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back