CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM's sister was asked if they saw anything on any of the neighbors' surveillance videos. she stated that they saw MM thursday afternoon going to her jeep to get something. and was on the phone, then went back in the house. Couldn't see anything that thursday night. Then, early friday morning LM left in his lexus.

Very interesting, as well as eerie.
My questions
1. Who was May talking to Thursday afternoon
2. Did LM leave from the garage or was the car parked outside?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Could the rustling noises referred to by LM have been "staged" with the help of an accomplice so that the children would think their mom was home when she really wasn't? Just a random thought....

I wondered if that might just be a way of accounting for some sounds that somebody else in the house might have heard when something specific was happening. One of the kids perhaps.

I don’t think it was specified whether or not he was with the kids when he heard it?

I thought "rustling around" was an odd choice of words to use when LM could simply say I heard
Maya in the kitchen making dinner.

I think "rustling" was on LM's mind-- as in his own actions, and not Maya's.

verb
gerund or present participle: rustling
  1. 1.
    make a soft, muffled crackling sound like that caused by the movement of dry leaves or paper.

Similar:
    swish
    whisper
    whispering
    rustling

Oxford Languages and Google - English | Oxford Languages

The idea of an accomplice was really brought to light in this second analysis. So, obvi LM did his homework and knows his story in and out (so he thinks). He also knows the Lexus has a GPS. He easily could have met someone on his way to Solana beach that day. Then, he stalled the search on Saturday so whomever was disposing of the body could make it back home in time for a search. We have heard that MM’s parents were at the house on Saturday, but no word on LM’s parents. Where were they???? And where have they been this whole time anyway? They need to be questioned ASAP.
Also, funny how LM never mentions MM’s brothers visit on Friday in his interview. Why not? Why leave that out? Where is the brothers side of the story from that day? Did LM leave that part out so he can maintain looking like a good guy in his narrative? He only mentioned that he found the key and opened the door. My heart sank when the investigator dissected how he said “she was already gone” vs. how most ppl would say “she wasn’t there!”. Anyway, all MoO.

Could the rustling noises referred to by LM have been "staged" with the help of an accomplice so that the children would think their mom was home when she really wasn't? Just a random thought....

Yeah...was he distracting the kids on Friday night while an accomplice disposed of the body downstairs? P.S where is MM’s brother in all of this? I want to hear his experience from the visit he made to the house on Friday. I want to know what LM was acting like, and why he would just leave when there was no answer at her door if that wasn’t in her character. I also want to know why LM left the Friday visit from her brother out of his timeline in his phone interview. Bro needs to be questioned further for sure. MOo.

The idea of an accomplice was really brought to light in this second analysis. So, obvi LM did his homework and knows his story in and out (so he thinks). He also knows the Lexus has a GPS. He easily could have met someone on his way to Solana beach that day. Then, he stalled the search on Saturday so whomever was disposing of the body could make it back home in time for a search. We have heard that MM’s parents were at the house on Saturday, but no word on LM’s parents. Where were they???? And where have they been this whole time anyway? They need to be questioned ASAP.
Also, funny how LM never mentions MM’s brothers visit on Friday in his interview. Why not? Why leave that out? Where is the brothers side of the story from that day? Did LM leave that part out so he can maintain looking like a good guy in his narrative? He only mentioned that he found the key and opened the door. My heart sank when the investigator dissected how he said “she was already gone” vs. how most ppl would say “she wasn’t there!”. Anyway, all MoO.

if LM was painting the narrative of MM leaving early in the morning, JMO one would not say "She's already gone" .. but rather "She already left" or "She wasnt there". Awesome how the professionals caught that. IMO, as much as a person can be deceptive and not slip, the brain will always win and snitch on you.

All MOO . amateur speculation

^^^ Watched it. I could tell it's wearing them down. They still try to remain neutral when talking about LM not being interested in searching, etc., and have kept it dignified and focused on Maya. Commendable.

According to Maricris, all their cars were parked outside either in the driveway or on the street because their garage had stuff in it. Per Maricris, there wasn't any neighbor's camera recording of Maya leaving at all on that Saturday. (no surprise to us)

At around the 06:30 mark, Maricris says Maya was seen on camera footage on Thursday afternoon. Maya came out of her house, looked in her jeep that was parked on the street, and she also looked like she was on her phone, then went back into her house.

Maricris says during the brief time the family was checking out neighbor's cameras they didn't see LM leaving Thursday night. Sunrise was around 6:50 a.m. that Friday, and LM was seen early Friday morning leaving in the Lexus. She didn't say if he was carrying anything or loading up the car.

This is only what the family had gathered on their own, and then LE started their investigation. It's possible LE has more. Lord, I hope so. There has to be other cameras that caught more including LM on his trip.

ETA-- Vinnie, at the 5:17 mark, asks Maricris if any of their family could provide childcare for Larry so he could help with searches. Maricris says her parents have always been willing to watch the children if asked, and do if Larry's parents go out of town or are unavailable. His parents sound like they're around a lot.

My questions
1. Who was May talking to Thursday afternoon
2. Did LM leave from the garage or was the car parked outside?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Who was Maya talking to outside when she went to her jeep Thursday as seen on neighbor's camera? Hmm... wonder if Maya was on the phone making that divorce attorney appt. for Tues. 1/12?

Are you talking about Friday morning when LM left with the little boy? I would guess the Lexus was parked outside the house. Maricris said in the Vinnie P. interview linked above that all cars were being parked in the driveway or street because their garage had stuff in it. Supposedly, LM left at approx. 6:30, and I checked and sunrise was around 6:5o a.m. Neighbors cameras might have caught activity of cars coming or going, maybe not all that was going on. It'd be a big deal if that Lexus came out of the garage after what Maricris confirmed. What's important though, IMO, and it's all thanks to Maya's family, is they and LE started investigating the neighborhood's camera footage within days of her missing.

I just thought of a possible scenario. What if he left early Friday a.m with MM in the back of the car. Then, he meets up with someone (like his parents) and switches cars. He tells them to take the lexus and son to solana beach, puts MM in their car and takes her somewhere to be disposed of...so many possible scenarios. I know he wasn’t dumb enough not to take the Lexus to solana beach that day. But, switching cars would make sense. Also, this way he is the one doing the dirty work (and lifting a body which his parents might not have been able to do). Also, from day 1 of this case, I have pictured MM freezing cold and I don’t know why. This case is heartbreaking and strikes a cord. All of this is MOO, and def my own theory/ramblings. Let’s hope LE is onto the perp.

**just checked the weather for the 29th of January. Apparently there was a huge winter storm across San Diego county bringing rain and snow to the area.

Last edited:
Steve Johnson's 7 things to watch for when analyzing a statement:

1. Truthful people convey information. Deceptive people tend to convince.

2. The guilty want to appear helpful, yet hide the facts. They typically do not say much, and everything they do/say has a purpose.

3. The guilty will emphasize tangential, truthful information.

4. The truthful argue actual innocence. "I didn't steal the ring," for example.

5. The guilty argue legal innocence. "I didn't take it because the manager was there the whole time."

6. Truthful statements are concise, simple and contextually flow

7. Deception creates ambiguity, disruption, and confusion.

FYI: Part 2 is tomorrow 8 EST! Can't wait!

I listened while attempting to make pizza dough from scratch, so my
notes are somewhat scattered and roughly in my own words.
However, I did play back some of it to fill in my notes.
This is going to be a long post. (Yes, the pizza came delicious :))

First off, Chris McDonough says Maya may have had an appt. with an attorney to start legal separation proceedings. (15:15) Chris has talked to some people close to the pulse on this. Also. although LE collected some things from the house search, he says (16:22) there are other missing items from the house that may be in the possession of the husband's family. Chris doesn't want to get into it with CVPD, or compromise the investigation. He'll leave it alone for now, Chris said he has photographs of it, or the items. He says it's verifiable and real.

Chris says Dean pointed out LM talks for ten minutes about his missing wife and not one time does he say her name. LM never says her name!

Steve Johnson, Forensic Linguist Analyst, said Larry was the one who "stepped up his game" with a huge amount of victim blaming, just a lot of denigration going on at this time, and he's gotten blatant about it. LM is deceptive about what happened, they're not saying he did it, but they're catching deception in his statements. One is about if Maya got hurt hiking on a trail, and LM insists she could use her phone, and how she wears those Fabletics (pants with side pocket), and she could make a call cause her phone would be next to her even if she fell. LM tries to stick to the story that Maya took off and she could call home. Tries to act worried for a minute, he says, "Something's keeping her from contacting us." Then, back to blaming when he implies that "this pressure is enough now where she could contact us and say "Hey, I'm okay. (I take this to suggest that he wants us to believe she's still alive and he's poor, helpless him, and she's not calling home. Yes, that's victim blaming.)

LM describes the last interaction with his wife as them having "kind of an argument". What's that look like, Larry? Describe it. LM uses the word physically twice, then catches himself and says visually. It's significant to Steve Johnson. It's also a red flag for Chris that LM tries to minimize the argument.

Steve Johnson says LE doesn't want to hear LM persuade us of anything, he says we want to hear the experiential language, as in tangible about the experience we actually experience. Deceptive language takes a lot of effort and brain power, and people will try to persuade, justify, describe, or explain things we never even asked them for. Deception causes stress. You can here deception in a voice. Also, there should be no victim blaming or any denigration. Steve Johnson says Larry is denigrating Maya so much that it's LM who stepped up his game.

Dean Jackson questions what LM thinks is the worst case scenario, but then he doesn't bring up the worse, he goes into the pressure on Maya that she should call home. LM mentions objects-- workout pants, her phone. LM trying to stay positive, but this whole situation is embarrassing.

Kind of argument that got into that was probably physical, she could call home, but worst case scenario is something terrible. Extremely significant and the 48-72 hrs. but LM wanted to wait, to report her missing. Why would LM be talking about the first 48-72 hrs. -- that's a homicide show he watched, and usually the hrs. pertain to a homicide case? (This was suppose to be missing person, maybe a wine tasting case.)

The 2:30 & 3:30 time LM mentions several times. In-laws can see it if when she left the house. The panel feels they could probably figure out the timeline. The "we" heard her Friday night. Trying to convince is deceptive, and the we is significant. Who else is there, and is there someone else involved? Alarming to Steve.

The first 48-72 hrs. and the worst case scenario is something terrible. The panel says it sounds like LM tried to stall Maya's family from reporting her missing... could it be he was buying time for someone to dispose of a body and get back before she was reported missing. Panel would be looking into additional family members (of LM) to see if they might have been the "we". Code 187 and helping after the crime, if you are part of the "we" if you exist, call the CVPD. Turn in your ticket now or it's going to get bad for you. It doesn't have to be. Make a call. The Panel says if LM was trying to stall, goes towards planning, premeditation, maybe he's done his homework, knows about ring doorbells.

His daughter, I think the b-day girl breaks down a little bit? LM says she's like me, and "keep keep stuff, close to chest". He's just trying to keep things normal with the kids, not for the kids...subtle but significant. (think about it)

LM asks, "Why do you have to do this whole thing?" He's recalling something that was said. He's recalling something in (the kind of) argument. Probably her going to the divorce attorney. LM can't explain and must minimize his worry and being shaken, he wants us to gloss over it by saying it's "mind numbing" which is a way to say he doesn't want to discuss it anymore. During questions, the panel said LM is not probably a psychopath because there's too much leakage. (Very few people including some psychopaths can actually lie and pass a polygraph, or lie without body tells.)

When talking about Maya's working out towards a hiking goal, LM slips and says, "She wanted to..." in the past tense towards the end of the interview.

Maya's sister and family show what loved ones go through when someone is missing. They don't notice themselves, if they ate, etc., They don't talk about themselves. LM says a lot about himself. - embarrassing - not sleeping - not eating - his FACE has aged - he can't think straight.

I can't think straight now either. Tired. This is my take on what I gathered and some of MOO. They do jump around a lot. I hope this does justice to capturing the Part 2 show. Please listen for yourself. It's fascinating and quite telling.

For your convenience you can listen to LM her:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

Underlined and Bolded By Me, some of my own wording and MOO

They also point out that Larry mentioning the first 48/72 hours, that he's seen in his movies and documentaries, refer to homicide cases. Why in the world is Larry bringing up homicide at a time like this, while referring to his missing wife?! o_O

Thank you, @Curious Me, for your outstanding summary.

I just got to this part in the video, but this is what @Curious Me wrote above:

"His daughter, I think the b-day girl breaks down a little bit? LM says she's like me, and "keep keep stuff, close to chest". He's just trying to keep things normal with the kids, not for the kids...subtle but significant. (think about it)"

He's keeping things normal with the kids, and not for the kids, which is what most innocent parents would say, bc you'd be minimizing grief/fear for the kids. Keeping things normal with the kids implies that he's trying to keep his relationship with them normal. What happened to his relationship with the kids during this period of time?! What a monumental slip up!

They also point out that Larry mentioning the first 48/72 hours, that he's seen in his movies and documentaries, refer to homicide cases. Why in the world is Larry bringing up homicide at a time like this, while referring to his missing wife?! o_O

Yes and the panel specifically linked this to LM stalling the family. So he is aware of the fact that this timeframe is very important and crucial but yet on saturday he argues with the family about whether or not to report her missing. If you count from thursday onwards its 72 hours more or less.

He wanted to do this interview so he could paint a glorified picture of himself. One of the panel members kept a column, and half way the interview he only counted negatives about Maya.

Your wife is missing but all you can think of is yourself. I am the victim here. He literally mentioned her doing this to him and the kids, and something blocking her from contacting them. I mean :rolleyes:......

...Also, from day 1 of this case, I have pictured MM freezing cold and I don’t know why.
Was it me bringing up Elizabeth Sullivan kept in a freezer for 2 yrs. before husband disposed of her in the bay? I'm sorry if I've mentioned this gruesome case too often here, but a freezer has kept coming to mind in this case. Not saying LM did it or that he's a suspect, but the couple did have an argument right before Maya disappeared. She was going to see a divorce attorney, not take off. Where is she?

AFAIK, cadaver dogs were used when the search warrant was finally served on the house and the Lexus was impounded January 23-24, but I don't know if the dogs hit on anything. If LM followed crime shows, he'd know to not leave her body in the house, for long if at all. He, or a helper maybe even at another house, may have thought of a freezer to stall the decomposition process. (Just speculation-- Wonder if that's what is missing and in the possession of the husband's family?) They used luminol also in the house search, but if there was no blood then I had hoped cadaver dogs would hit on something.

Sometimes they're amazing, but not in all conditions.
Cadaver Dogs - Can Dogs Smell Death? — Murder Science

Chris said that there are photos of LM moving "items" out of the house, which are now in the possession of LM's family. Vague, but interesting.
I didn't catch the part where it was stated as moving items out of the house. Oh, Chris has photographs, and he stuck his neck out saying that on the air. I felt there was some reaching out to anyone else that could be involved to save themselves by calling LE. This is very, very interesting. What do you think these items could be? Something with blood or evidence on them? A freezer? Really, what could they possibly want to move out of the house and keep out of the investigation if LM their relative is not involved in Maya's disappearance? JMO, it's "chilling" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea