Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to know other than the reason for every person speaking out is to increase or sustain interest in this case, hoping it will lead to an arrest. This comment meets that criteria.

Just my own opinion, what’s considered the crime scene isn’t just the immediate area where the bodies were found. LE stated something about Libby videoing the suspect just before the criminal act was about to occur and from that we began to realize, yeah this wasn’t just a double homicide - an abduction occurred when those words “guys...down the hill” were spoken by the suspect. So I think when anyone connected to the investigation refers to the crime scene it’s from the end of the bridge, crossing the creek, then to where the bodies were discovered.

An outdoor crime scene as well, if indeed LE “turned over every leaf” as I vaguely recall, I think the amount of physical evidence collected would be significant as it includes all discarded items found near the bridge, anything found in the creek or along the banks, including what was blown in the wind or washed downstream. Since that entire area including the bridge wasn’t an official part of the Delphi Trail, it probably hadn’t been de-littered for ages as I can’t quite picture RL handpicking discarded pieces of this and that on his entire 40 acres.

So when investigators began scouring the site, which they did for something like two or three days (?) they’d consider everything they found to be possible evidence. As in any unsolved crime, it still would remain as such until an arrest and conviction occurs, when it can be identified as to the significance. JMO
IF the perp/s was/were at the area from noon to 17h (the car at the abandoned building!), only then I can imagine, that there was a lot of evidence (more than that at the crime scene on RL land).

This person probably has a criminal history such as exposing himself, rape, burglary etc... he has evolved into a murderer. MOO.

The overwhelming majority of them do. Studies of child abduction murderers show that these offenders typically have a history of violence (often against adults as well, but particularly against children).

However, this predictive factor (if you will) is not related to causality. They didn't become child murderers because they were previously burglars, rapists, molesters or public masturbators IMO. Those incidents were stepping stones as the offenders figured out what they could get away with and where their fantasies were leading them.

Last edited:
There seems like there’s an uptick in posting on this thread. I followed from the very beginning but slacked off reading here for a couple of months. I hope and pray that’s a good sign for justice for the girls.

From the Robert Ives interview:

"there was a lot more physical evidence than at that crime scene."

I'm just going back and re-reading this transcript. This comment jumped out at me. Where do you suppose, and he says a 'lot' more evidence, just where would that evidence be if not at that crime scene?

Indeed, some have speculated maybe he was referring to the immediate CS where the girls were found, so the surrounding area, the woods, the bridge, the trail, right?

But what about in town? Or at a place that was searched early on?

Any way, what could this evidence possibly be, seeing how it was a 'lot' of it?

And he goes immediately in to this "And it’s probably not what you would imagine, or what people think that I’m talking about, it’s probably not. And so because of unique circumstances, which all unique circumstances of a crime are a sort-of ‘signature’"

Was there something set up in the woods prior to the murders?
Was there something left behind, or planted, somewhere along the trail, or along the creek?

I admit, I'm baffled by the comment.
This is my post from a week or so ago in regards to Ives' comment:
----------

I can see this interpretation based on the "...a lot more physical evidence than that at the crime scene." wording alone. However, when taken into context with the paragraph that came before, it sounds to me that there was a lot more physical evidence at the scene than at a typical, cut and dry murder. JMO

The very first case I handled as prosecuting attorney back in 1987 and 1988 -- a fellow shot his wife in Deer Creek, Indiana. And, he pinned her up against the refrigerator, shot her in the back of the head. She fell on the floor, he shot her twice more in the chest. So, you had a dead person with three bullets in them. They were dead. Um, he was seen at the scene. You know, things like that.

All I can say about the situation with Abby and Libby is that there was a lot more physical evidence than that at the crime scene, and it’s probably not what you would imagine.

I agree with this. I have never thought there was anything between “guys” and “down the hill” because, like you said, I couldn’t imagine LE would leave it in there. That being said, if I WANT to hear something like “Oh my God”, I can hear it.
Also, and this is probably just weird me, but I have a hard time imaging 14 and 13 year old girls saying “Oh my God” in any scenario much less a terrifying one like this.
In which situation the girls would say "Oh my god!" - I wonder. It would make more sense, IMO, if a witness saw something terrible between the girls and BG and screamed these three words in her panic. But would it be heard on the tape, when the witness wasn't near BG and Abby/Libby? Is this girl/woman perhaps the person, who (DC said) knows about the murder and doesn't give LE the last puzzle piece? I wondered the whole time, why DC might be sure (he said so), that at least one person definitely knows about the murder, "because BG told them". How does he know??
If it is another person's voice between "Guys - down the hill" and neither Abby's nor Libby's, then I can imagine, why it is still heard and didn't get cut by LE. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
“A lot more physical evidence than at that crime scene” is said in comparison to a different crime scene he was discussing. I don’t remember exactly what the other scene was but it was not in any way related. The issue is that the whole quote is never posted so it appears he’s only talking about this crime.

THANKS! I get it now. Hey, I'm not always the sharpest tack in the drawer :) Here's more of the quote, and yes indeed, I see he is comparing the Abby and Libby crime scene to the one he just described before that.

"The very first case I handled as a prosecuting attorney back in 1987…1988, a fellow shot his wife in Deer Creek Indiana. He pinned her up against the refrigerator, shot in the back of the head, she fell on the floor, he shot or twice more in the chest. So, you had a dead person with three bullets in them. They were dead. He was seen at the scene, you know, things like that. All I can say about the situation with Abby and Libby is that there was a lot more physical evidence than at that crime scene. And it’s probably not what you would imagine, or what people think that I’m talking about, it’s probably not. And so because of unique circumstances, which all unique circumstances of a crime are a sort-of ‘signature’, you think “Well, this unusual fact might lead to somebody, or that unusual fact might lead to somebody”. I wish I could tell you, but again that’s up to the State Police. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea