NY NY - Bronx, Van Cortlandt Park S, *GRAPHIC *, WhtFem 30-50, UP8507, clothes, Aug'90

I am trying to find other sources on this Doe. They have her clothing, bra and shoes, but no sizes are listed. Which could be helpful I suppose.

There are a few deformities that could happen with ears:

Types of ear deformities
There are several varieties of congenital ear deformities, including:

• Protruding ears (also called prominent ears): Ears that, regardless of size, stick out more than 2 cm from the side of the head
  • Constricted ears: A variety of ear deformities where the helical rim is either folded over (also called lop ear), wrinkled, or tight
  • Cryptotia: Ear cartilage framework that is partially buried beneath the skin on the side of the head
  • Microtia: Underdeveloped external ear
  • Anotia: Total absence of the ear
  • Stahl's ear Ears that have a pointy shape and an extra cartilage fold (crus) in the scapha portion of the ear
  • Ear tags: Also known as an accessory tragus or a branchial cleft remnant, ear tags consist of skin and cartilage
  • Earlobe deformities: These come in a variety of shapes, including earlobes with clefts, duplicate earlobes, and earlobes with skin tags
  • Traumatic ear deformities: Lacerations, tears and bite injuries.
  • Split earlobes: Occur gradually due to large or heavy earrings
  • Cauliflower ear: Abnormal cartilage forms on top of the normal cartilage, resulting in bulky misshapen ears
  • Ear keloids: Caused by excessive scar tissue formation after minor trauma, most commonly after ear piercing
  • Ear hemangiomas: Most common benign tumor of infancy, can occur anywhere on the body, including the external ear and the salivary gland in front of the ear.

It is interesting because the profile mentions nothing about the ear but in the photo it looks like something is going on there.
And yes your right there are no sizes or tag brand identifications for any of the clothing. There is so little info to go by.

Your recon reminds me of Janice Fullam

• Missing Since10/30/1981
  • Missing FromSmithtown, New York
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth05/14/1964 (56)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA maroon leather jacket, a blue and red striped pullover shirt and tight-fitting jeans.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Janice's hair was frosted in the front at the time of her 1981 disappearance. She has an overbite. Her nickname is Bucky
Janice Fullam – The Charley Project

NY - NY - Janice Fullam, 17, Smithtown, 30 Oct 1981

Attachments

• DB802BF1-BA5B-47F0-A68D-6CDEEBBAA542.png
    DB802BF1-BA5B-47F0-A68D-6CDEEBBAA542.png
    386 KB · Views: 27
  • 07CBEE62-4209-4C4D-B104-944009BB7F32.png
    07CBEE62-4209-4C4D-B104-944009BB7F32.png
    464.4 KB · Views: 26
I inverted the photos of Janice. It’s funny how you made the recon with what looks like an overbite and Janice has an overbite
. Another things that I also just noticed while reading Janices profile is she went missing wearing a red and blue striped shirt and jeans. This doe was found in a red and blue striped shirt and jeans.
I know it’s years later but I am wondering if it was her and she dressed like that on purpose. Knowing they would look for he in that colored outfit... oh I don’t know just thinking out loud.

Attachments

• EAAA63D3-38A7-4E51-AE2C-50B604E15F24.jpeg
    EAAA63D3-38A7-4E51-AE2C-50B604E15F24.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 0F727300-1D85-42D7-8E55-069358A0E758.png
    0F727300-1D85-42D7-8E55-069358A0E758.png
    464.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 70567355-CA6C-455C-A21C-4E3CBBE2B718.jpeg
    70567355-CA6C-455C-A21C-4E3CBBE2B718.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 17
To clarify. I am an Orthodox Jew. While we all cover our hair when married, not all of us have the custom to shave. Hasidic communities are very tightly knit and someone just does not get lost without the whole community looking for them. Actually all religious jewish communties are like that. There are few that leave and if, they leave for good. If someone commits suicide and the community knows, they still try every effort to retrieve the body to give them a Jewish burial, regardless if they left the community or not. Severing all ties usually comes from the party that left. And as I said it is really rare (despite media overinflating it).

But i am fairly confident that that lady was not an orthodox Jew (also from her dress, pants of any sorts are a no go).

Speaking of head shaving. I actually care across the ad for the Netflix movie Unorthodox (about a woman running away) and wondered could this woman been a Hasidic Jewish woman that left the religion and husband?

Could she have left and was not reported because it would cause shame to her family? Or if she was Jewish could she have only been reported in her community?

Rosh chodesh is the beginning of the month and not a real holiday. It has a few little customs (special insertions into prayer and one shouldnt do haircuts and you should eat a nice meal and women shouldnt do housework) but nothing really significant and important. It is not a holiday, really, in the sense of holiday.
Jewish Calendar 1990 Diaspora | Hebcal

Aug 22 which iam assuming is the day she hung herself and found the next day is a Jewish holiday. Iam not Jewish so I really don’t know much. But I was looking into it and came across This.

When Elul Coincides With Suicide Prevention Awareness Month

I think this lady either sported a buzz cut, that was fairly fashionable in 1990, paired with big earrings. Or wore the hair short to wear a fashion wig, she looks Hispanic, Native or mixed race to me. Maybe very light AA, too.
Or the autopsy shaved her, that is fairly common, especially if blood, debris, dirt mat the hair and make access to the scalp and skull difficult.

Suggestion:
Agnes Ann Young
The image in Namus is kinda blurry and not very big, but I found another one from a news-article
young.png

CASE: COLD CASE - AGNES YOUNG - DISAPPEARANCE - WEST PIKE RUN TOWNSHIP - WASHINGTON COUNTY
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Went missing at age 43 in October 16, 1986 according to NAMUS.
However, the article which was written in 2001 states as follows:

"Throughout the S.S.A. investigation no one could ever recall physically seeing Agnes. There has been no medical insurance activity for Agnes since 1990." It does not state where this insurance was used, but until then she was, presumably alive?

Height: 5'2-5'6'
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Weight: 120-125 lbs

The tip of the nose reminds me of Doe

To clarify. I am an Orthodox Jew. While we all cover our hair when married, not all of us have the custom to shave. Hasidic communities are very tightly knit and someone just does not get lost without the whole community looking for them. Actually all religious jewish communties are like that. There are few that leave and if, they leave for good. If someone commits suicide and the community knows, they still try every effort to retrieve the body to give them a Jewish burial, regardless if they left the community or not. Severing all ties usually comes from the party that left. And as I said it is really rare (despite media overinflating it).

But i am fairly confident that that lady was not an orthodox Jew (also from her dress, pants of any sorts are a no go).

Rosh chodesh is the beginning of the month and not a real holiday. It has a few little customs (special insertions into prayer and one shouldnt do haircuts and you should eat a nice meal and women shouldnt do housework) but nothing really significant and important. It is not a holiday, really, in the sense of holiday.

I think this lady either sported a buzz cut, that was fairly fashionable in 1990, paired with big earrings. Or wore the hair short to wear a fashion wig, she looks Hispanic, Native or mixed race to me. Maybe very light AA, too.
Or the autopsy shaved her, that is fairly common, especially if blood, debris, dirt mat the hair and make access to the scalp and skull difficult.

Susie... thank you so much for clarifying that and shedding more light on this. I love love love when people come here with their life experiences customs and culture to help Cases. Ok so she is not Jewish.. yeah I saw the trailer of that movie and thought of this woman. Thank you..Again!

Suggestion:
Agnes Ann Young
The image in Namus is kinda blurry and not very big, but I found another one from a news-article
young.png

CASE: COLD CASE - AGNES YOUNG - DISAPPEARANCE - WEST PIKE RUN TOWNSHIP - WASHINGTON COUNTY
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Went missing at age 43 in October 16, 1986 according to NAMUS.
However, the article which was written in 2001 states as follows:

"Throughout the S.S.A. investigation no one could ever recall physically seeing Agnes. There has been no medical insurance activity for Agnes since 1990." It does not state where this insurance was used, but until then she was, presumably alive?

Height: 5'2-5'6'
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Weight: 120-125 lbs

The tip of the nose reminds me of Doe

Oh I can see it. And if she lost a little weight in her travels. It’s unfortunate we can’t see her ear.

Attachments

• 25C20ADB-A8DF-492E-BF3E-963D00813907.png
    25C20ADB-A8DF-492E-BF3E-963D00813907.png
    464.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2C64E4C7-C791-4356-A0A3-39734C42D1B8.png
    2C64E4C7-C791-4356-A0A3-39734C42D1B8.png
    364.1 KB · Views: 24
Well, side note, she could purely technically be Jewish (there are plenty Jews Of Color and Latinx Jews, we are a pretty diverse folks), just all I can say is she was not an Orthodox Jew.
But really, I see no hint as to why she would be Jewish.

Susie... thank you so much for clarifying that and shedding more light on this. I love love love when people come here with their life experiences customs and culture to help Cases. Ok so she is not Jewish.. yeah I saw the trailer of that movie and thought of this woman. Thank you..Again!

Her ear looks really weird. Either its the angle of the photo or it is malformed or a cauliflower ear (like Peggy Johnson).
Contrary to the autopsy, again, she looks fairly non Caucasian to me, I may be super off, but she looks Latina, maybe multiracial Dominican or Puerto Rican. Also maybe very light skinned African American or multiracial.
She was such a beauty, look at those fine features and perfect skin, even in death! I hope she can get her name back soon!

I spent an inordinate amount of time googling outer ear deformities and congenital defects. I think the ear could at least narrow down possible matches, but I’m at a loss for the reason for its shape. Then again, perhaps it’s the result of trauma and wouldn’t be helpful.

I am on my phone right now. But after having spend a bit of time as well looking at esr deformities, I learned they sometimes combine.

It could be "bat ear" combined with cup ear/excessive cartilage. The tragus area looks so odd. As mentioned by a few others here : could be trauma as well. Just... Looks so odd either way, so surely if someone saw it (if her hair was short) they'd remember?

It’s the weirdest thing. I’ve searched the NYT archives and run a number of Google searches. Outside the NAMUS entry, I can’t find a single reference to this woman’s death anywhere. And I mean anywhere.

I spent an inordinate amount of time googling outer ear deformities and congenital defects. I think the ear could at least narrow down possible matches, but I’m at a loss for the reason for its shape. Then again, perhaps it’s the result of trauma and wouldn’t be helpful.
I blew the photo up as much as I could and frankly, it doesn't even look like an ear. I think it is the result death trauma. This was a hanging so it makes sense that one or both ears could have been damaged, torn, or cut away by first responders or coroner. If the coroner did not note a defect for ID purposes then IMO it is just a poor photo. I notice the neck damage and other ear are completely hidden, and I wish they had hid this ear, too.

Yes her ear almost looks like it had been cut at some point or something like that.

i was just asking because sometimes killers depersonalize female victims by shaving their heads (rhoades), and alternately also some women cut off or shave their hair in depression.

It’s the weirdest thing. I’ve searched the NYT archives and run a number of Google searches. Outside the NAMUS entry, I can’t find a single reference to this woman’s death anywhere. And I mean anywhere.

That is interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back