Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think that? They just said a family member. Does AG ski?

I notice they said AK will get nothing as a creditor. I wonder if Melissa's will is going to be contested by ASIC, if she has left investor-sourced funds to people.

I wonder if Melissa forged AK's father's signature, or if some other person who lived in that house did. You'd think she would want a different handwriting for a decent forgery.

By summation:

Why do I think the family member could be AG? He was the one who told the Court that MC owned an apartment in Aspen. So he was aware of what was in the Will. As that is not true, and they said AK would get nothing, and they said family member not members so it would not be the parents, and I suspect that she would not leave an apartment which she did not own to her son. I suspect she did that to keep AG happy and he would not find out she did not own it until after she died.

MC forged AK's father's signature on several documents. But he said on 60 Minutes that the signature looked nothing like his own signature.

Let's face it, they only met twice so she would not have been able to have a copy of his signature.

So there is a share portfolio that is quite significant and they are confident they will be able to return a lot of money to the investors. Wow. After all the hullabulloo.

wow wouldn't it be crazy if she ended up having enough to pay everyone back

her death would be in vain really

All I can say after watching that is that I hope that Melissa didn't kill herself due to the exessive media attention, after going south to a familiar area.

Especially as it sounds like the investors are going to do okay. At least get the bulk of their money back. Which could be seen as similar to making a poor stock market investment by themselves.

As Bruce Gleeson said, he has personally never seen so much attention and mystery around any fraud case before.

wow wouldn't it be crazy if she ended up having enough to pay everyone back

her death would be in vain really

It depends if you think she suicided or not. Why would she suicide if this is the case? I still think there could be a silent partner who could have ended her life in the Mollymook area.

They are saying investors will get a lot of their money back but maybe no profit.

But there was no mention of what her family would get back. It looks as if her family might get nothing unless they have proof of their share investment.

MC forged AK's father's signature on several documents. But he said on 60 Minutes that the signature looked nothing like his own signature.

Let's face it, they only met twice so she would not have been able to have a copy of his signature.

As I said before, there is a lot of surmising going on, and Melissa is no longer here to defend any actions ... say who did it.

AK's father sounds like the genuine article - he had nothing to do with anything - and was happy to appear on 60 Minutes and have his say. I am glad that he took that opportunity, it could otherwise be devastating to his business.

Her husband will get nothing. Brother and Parents “may” get their deposits back. Maybe?

IMO MC should still be alive to face her investors in court & face the consequences of her actions.

Maybe this is what AK meant about the money being in trust? Not that I really think he knew what the hell was going on. I’m also even more convinced now he didn’t kill MC.

Still could be suicide imo or an incredibly disgruntled person decided to kill her.

She’d still be facing a conviction and jail time.

are you saying the jail time was more the cause of her "suicide" rather than owing the money to people and the fraud she committed being public

jail.. white collar crims with her type of money get along ok in prison their money can buy them lots of things

she could have done her 4 years and been home before her son was 21

are you saying the jail time was more the cause of her "suicide" rather than owing the money to people and the fraud she committed being public

jail.. white collar crims with her type of money get along ok in prison their money can buy them lots of things

I think it would have more to do with her family knowing she was full of it. She did wrong by them & she knew it imo.

And she would have been in minimum security.

When I was a teen we went to visit a friend (who took the rap for his brother) and ended up in minimum security here in South Australia for a few months. At Cadell on the Murray River.

What a 'nice' place to be. No cells, so to speak. Just locked rooms at night. Go and buy soft drinks and chips from the vending machines. Work at a job if you want to (this friend decided to work in the kitchen, get minimally paid for it, and enjoy cooking). Sit outside on the lawns in the sun. Garden in their huge veggie garden.

They were basically free to roam within the perimeter, and their surroundings were pleasant. He took us on a tour of the place, which was allowed.

What a 'nice' place to be. No cells, so to speak. Just locked rooms at night. Go and buy soft drinks and chips from the vending machines. Work at a job if you want to (this friend decided to work in the kitchen, get minimally paid for it, and enjoy cooking). Sit outside on the lawns in the sun. Garden in their huge veggie garden.

yep many of them are just farms with a bunch of housing on site you wouldn't even really know unless you knew what it was

its the type of place melissa would have went to for sure

As I said before, there is a lot of surmising going on, and Melissa is no longer here to defend any actions ... say who did it.

AK's father sounds like the genuine article - he had nothing to do with anything - and was happy to appear on 60 Minutes and have his say. I am glad that he took that opportunity, it could otherwise be devastating to his business.
Agree with all of this. As for the signature who knows & of course it’s quite possible someone else could have forged it.

Agree with all of this. As for the signature who knows & of course it’s quite possible someone else could have forged it.

One thing I appreciated from AK's father is that he didn't spend his time slagging Melissa off. The most he said was "humpff" when the journo tried to draw him into it. He spent his time stating his own case. It made him credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong