UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was taken after visiting a friend, then it must've been just a random opportunistic kidnapping/killing.....because she didn't walk this way at the same time every day. So no stranger could've been watching her movements and lying in wait.

The only alternative, is it was someone she knew, who knew she was out and knew roughly what time she'd be back.

Both circumstances are horrifying.

That Times report, particularly the bit about SE not being detected on any cameras further along, suggests to me that the police have exhausted all of the CCTV they can enforce access to in the area (possibly including the Londis/Poynders Parade, Kings Ave Traffic Mgt and Tesco/New Park Rd sections), hence the appeal to private dashcams and doorcams in the last couple of days.

Hi! Newbie here! Longtime lurker but never posted.

Does anyone else find it strange that the partner was the last person to speak to her and the person who was also meeting up with her the next day? And also the first to raise the alarm? I’m not pointing fingers here but wondering if the conversation they had was different and she went back to his flat (which may be nearby) and something happened? An accident maybe?
Interesting points.

I’ve been thinking about the Brixton Water Lane part of the police request.

There are a lot of takeaways on the Brixton hill rd from the general area she lives to Brixton Water Lane.

In my youth if I’d been drinking wine and had a long walk home in the cold I’ve been know to pop into a takeaway and pick up something to eat when I got home.

Maybe she’d mentioned to her partner she was hungry?

Does anyone else find it strange that the partner was the last person to speak to her and the person who was also meeting up with her the next day? And also the first to raise the alarm? I’m not pointing fingers here but wondering if the conversation they had was different and she went back to his flat (which may be nearby) and something happened? An accident maybe?

It is probably too early and with too little info to go down this route just yet but I do wonder if she was due in work Thursday and whether they had tried to contact her or her emergency contact? Maybe I already missed this detail, though.

I’ve been thinking about the Brixton Water Lane part of the police request.

There are a lot of takeaways on the Brixton hill rd from the general area she lives to Brixton Water Lane.

In my youth if I’d been drinking wine and had a long walk home in the cold I’ve been know to pop into a takeaway and pick up something to eat when I got home.

Maybe she’d mentioned to her partner she was hungry?

I'm thinking her address might be Brixton Water Lane. That's why I'm wondering if a local can tell us whether or not that road would be colloquially referred to as 'Tulse Hill'. On the map it looks like it could be.

You'd hope if she'd been in for a takeaway that they would know that info and have CCTV and staff confirmation, and by now we would have a different last sighting?

I'd be interested to know if her b/f had a car and how close by he lived.

....and if he did, and was just at home doing nothing, how he was alright with knowing and letting her walk for 50 mins in the cold and dark. It's not very caring.

"No Sarah, darling, call me when you've finished at your friends place and I'll pick you up and drop you home."

If she was taken after visiting a friend, then it must've been just a random opportunistic kidnapping/killing.
Because she didn't walk this way at the same time every day.

Unless of course, it was someone she knew, who knew she was out and knew roughly what time she'd be back.

Both circumstances are horrifying.

If this is a Kidnapping / Abduction then I think more then one person would be have to be involved even an opportunists working on there own would make mistakes and because she likes running and keeping fit then she could outrun that person given the opportunity depending on the circumstances. people though are more likely to accept lifts in cars from people they now it could be a friend, ex partners or former co worker etc

I don't think it's strange that a boyfriend speaks to a girlfriend that night, or arranges to meet her the next day when he hasn't seen her after she's had a night with friends. The police will know where he lives and would be looking for/at cctv in his area if they had any suspicions that something happened to Sarah there.

I'm thinking her address might be Brixton Water Lane. That's why I'm wondering if a local can tell us whether or not that road would be colloquially referred to as 'Tulse Hill'. On the map it looks like it could be.

You'd hope if she'd been in for a takeaway that they would know that info and have CCTV and staff confirmation, and by now we would have a different last sighting?

Yes Brixton Water Lane and Tulse Hill are almost touching iirc.

Question for locals, would Brixton Water Lane count as 'Tulse Hill' ?
Hi all - this is my first post.
I would say definitely not. I live about half a mile from where it appears SE lives from the Strava maps, and in truth I wouldn't say locals would call this area "Tulse Hill" either. We'd call it Brixton Hill or maybe Upper Tulse Hill. Brixton Water Lane, I would just call straight up Brixton, to be honest.

I would say so

So it's possible that police are just asking for CCTV of her route home, nothing suspiciously beyond that. Colloquially, a residence on Brixton Water Lane could be referred to as 'living in Tulse Hill'?

ETA: Ah just saw ANOTHER post saying definitely NOT!

So perhaps there is suggestion that something or someone is also being investigated beyond the route home?

Hi all - this is my first post.
I would say definitely not. I live about half a mile from where it appears SE lives from the Strava maps, and in truth I wouldn't say locals would call this area "Tulse Hill" either. We'd call it Brixton Hill or maybe Upper Tulse Hill. Brixton Water Lane, I would just call straight up Brixton, to be honest.
Google maps says its a 6 minute walk to the Tulse Hill estate.

So it's possible that police are just asking for CCTV of her route home, nothing suspiciously beyond that. Colloquially, a residence on Brixton Water Lane could be referred to as 'living in Tulse Hill'?

ETA: Ah just saw ANOTHER post saying definitely NOT!

So perhaps there is suggestion that something or someone is also being investigated beyond the route home?
I've always seen everything to that side of Brixton Hill as Tulse Hill (officially I mean). I also think it's officially part of the Tulse Hill ward but I would agree in the sense that I'll say I'm in Brixton and not in Tulse Hill even around Brockwell Park (which is officially Herne Hill). I think it is all gets a bit vague as Brixton is not an official ward itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member