Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I appreciated from AK's father is that he didn't spend his time slagging Melissa off. The most he said was "humpff" when the journo tried to draw him into it. He spent his time stating his own case. It made him credible.

The thing is with that signature. Unless someone thinks to check it with the person who supposedly signed the document or the bank, how would anyone find out. MC would have known that she could get away with it.

The thing is with that signature. Unless someone thinks to check it with the person who supposedly signed the document or the bank, how would anyone find out. MC would have known that she could get away with it.

Yes, of course she would, but I am still not convinced that she personally did the forgery. But we will likely never know for sure, so it doesn't matter.

If a person is going to forge a signature, it is much better if a completely different person does the forgery so there are absolutely no unconscious similarities to your own writing - which is what is usually being verified by the forged signature, your own written document or signature.

It would certainly be advantageous for anyone else potentially involved that Melissa 'committed suicide'.

Last edited:
One thing with a JP signature is that it is supposed to have an official stamp and be stamped using red ink..... Where did Melissa get the "official stamp" from?????
Or did nobody check unstamped documents????

Yesterday I read this article in The Financial Review and this is why I believe that MC would have been the one who forged Anthony's father's signature:
Mar 6, 2021 – 12.00am
When Chanticleer this week heard a first-hand anecdote about Melissa Caddick, the Sydney woman who stole about $30 million using a Ponzi scheme, it gave an insight into her flawed personality.

The incident happened 20 years ago when a Sydney fund manager was approached by a friend and asked to give Caddick a job. After the friend spoke highly of her, the fund manager gave her a mundane clerical job in the back office.

About six months after Caddick started work, the fund manager’s accountant rang him to say there were several anomalies in the accounts. The accountant asked him to go down to National Australia Bank and check the cheques.

At the bank, the fund manager found two company cheques worth $5000 and $10,000 with forged signatures.

He went back to the office, asked Caddick if she had forged them, and when she said yes, his good nature got the better of him. Instead of calling the cops, he gave her a second chance. He simply asked her to leave immediately.

Don’t let fraud kill financial advice

So MC forged two cheques worth $15,000 in about 2000. How much would that $15,000 be worth now 20 years later? $100,000? Perhaps if the investment manager had reported MC to police then and she went to jail, then she might have been taught a lesson that she could not get away with forgery.

A few days ago, a (paywalled) article went up about John Ibrahim popping around to look at Melissa's house, two Fridays ago.
The journos who were waiting outside saw him. He 'greeted' the reporters. (He lives just around the corner.)
The article has been pulled down now - I just looked for it again - but I had copied the content anyway.

The only thing that I can find is a couple of google previews of it, and it is under a different title now. The title reflects what is in the link where the bit about John Ibrahim used to be.

xx1.JPG xx2.JPG

The actual article also posted a pic of Melissa and AK, and a separate pic of Ibrahim.

Just thought maybe one or two people might be interested to hear that.

A few days ago, a (paywalled) article went up about John Ibrahim popping around to look at Melissa's house, two Fridays ago.
The journos who were waiting outside saw him. He 'greeted' the reporters. (He lives just around the corner.)
The article has been pulled down now - I just looked for it again - but I had copied the content anyway.

The only thing that I can find is a couple of google previews of it, and it is under a different title now. The title reflects what is in the link where the bit about John Ibrahim used to be.

View attachment 287355 View attachment 287356

The actual article also posted a pic of Melissa and AK, and a separate pic of Ibrahim.

I found these yesterday:

This article has been deleted
John Ibrahim visits Melissa Caddick's Dover Heights house
Daily Telegraph
Melissa Caddick and Anthony Koletti. A veteran of the headlines himself over the years due to his colourful dealings, it's not known if Ibrahim feels left out ...

This article has also been removed.
NSW Liberal Party civil war looms in The Hills electorates
The Advertiser
Melissa Caddick and Anthony Koletti. Reporters staking out the home of Caddick's husband Anthony Koletti in Dover Heights received a surprise visitor

One thing with a JP signature is that it is supposed to have an official stamp and be stamped using red ink..... Where did Melissa get the "official stamp" from?????
Or did nobody check unstamped documents????

Another, Con Artist, Peter Foster, forged Justice of the Peace's signature on sworn affidavit in Sports Trading Club scam, lawyer says

Conman Peter Foster appears to have forged the signature of a Queensland Justice of the Peace on a sworn affidavit.

Court documents tendered in evidence in a court in Hong Kong show Foster signed the affidavit in Australia on November 27 as part of a civil case brought by hundreds of Australian victims of an alleged multi-million-dollar sports trading scam called Sports Trading Club (STC).

In it, Foster claims to have "no assets of any monetary value except the clothes I wear" and to be living off the support of his mother on the Gold Coast.

In an affidavit filed to the court, the lawyer acting for victims said he became suspicious of Foster's statement when he noticed the first name of the JP handwritten on the document appeared to be misspelled.

After tracking down a JP with the same registration number and a very similar name, the lawyer provided the court an attestation in which the JP said it was not his signature on Foster's document.

Conman Peter Foster 'forged JP's signature'

16 Jan 2020
Signature forgery could land you ten years in jail

Forgery has been prominent in the news over recent years, with the Banking Royal Commission revealing a number of instances where customers, bankers and advisors had forged signatures in order to achieve their desired, yet dishonest outcomes.

Is forging a signature a criminal offence?
Under the NSW Crimes Act 1900, signature forgery is a fraud offence and the penalties can be severe, including the possibility of a ten year jail sentence. Other laws may also apply if documents that the user knows to be false, either through a forged signature or other methods, are used for financial gain or some other advantage.

Section 253 of the Crimes Act states that a person is guilty of the offence of forgery who creates a false document with the intention of using it, or of another person using it, to induce a person to accept it as genuine and thereby obtain a benefit from it, or influence the exercise of a public duty.

View attachment 287355 View attachment 287356

This article annoyed me tbh.

As previously mentioned he already lives around the corner so it’s plausible he’d be going for walks in the area every so often.
He saw the vultures and said hello. Unsure if he hung around chatting to the DT vultures but he probably knows some of them by first name. He didn’t enter the house & hasn’t been seen with AK & the reporters are always watching him. Bad tabloid gutter trash journalism imo.

This article annoyed me tbh.

As previously mentioned he already lives around the corner so it’s plausible he’d be going for walks in the area every so often.
He saw the vultures and said hello. Unsure if he hung around chatting to the DT vultures but he probably knows some of them by first name. He didn’t enter the house & hasn’t been seen with AK & the reporters are always watching him. Bad tabloid gutter trash journalism imo.

That's why those articles were deleted. Ibrahim probably complained.

They certainly gave me the wrong impression.

Yesterday I read this article in The Financial Review and this is why I believe that MC would have been the one who forged Anthony's father's signature:
Mar 6, 2021 – 12.00am
When Chanticleer this week heard a first-hand anecdote about Melissa Caddick, the Sydney woman who stole about $30 million using a Ponzi scheme, it gave an insight into her flawed personality.

The incident happened 20 years ago when a Sydney fund manager was approached by a friend and asked to give Caddick a job. After the friend spoke highly of her, the fund manager gave her a mundane clerical job in the back office.

About six months after Caddick started work, the fund manager’s accountant rang him to say there were several anomalies in the accounts. The accountant asked him to go down to National Australia Bank and check the cheques.

At the bank, the fund manager found two company cheques worth $5000 and $10,000 with forged signatures.

He went back to the office, asked Caddick if she had forged them, and when she said yes, his good nature got the better of him. Instead of calling the cops, he gave her a second chance. He simply asked her to leave immediately.

Don’t let fraud kill financial advice

So MC forged two cheques worth $15,000 in about 2000. How much would that $15,000 be worth now 20 years later? $100,000? Perhaps if the investment manager had reported MC to police then and she went to jail, then she might have been taught a lesson that she could not get away with forgery.
Yes perhaps you’re correct. The only reason I thought maybe someone else “ahem” forged the signature is due to family relation & possible recollection of signature. I wouldn’t put it past MC to put together some cooked reasoning why she needed RK signature straight away without rushing to see him. Then again if AK is like me I don’t remember either of my parents signatures & it’s probably more plausible that MC forged it. All IMO.

Yes perhaps you’re correct. The only reason I thought maybe someone else “ahem” forged the signature is due to family relation & possible recollection of signature. I wouldn’t put it past MC to put together some cooked reasoning why she needed RK signature straight away without rushing to see him. Then again if AK is like me I don’t remember either of my parents signatures & it’s probably more plausible that MC forged it. All IMO.

IMO it would be difficult to forge a signature even if you had it in front of you. Mine was forged once.

IMO MC could have been forging signatures for years.

16 Jan 2020

Forgery has been prominent in the news over recent years, with the Banking Royal Commission revealing a number of instances where customers, bankers and advisors had forged signatures in order to achieve their desired, yet dishonest outcomes.

Is forging a signature a criminal offence?
Under the NSW Crimes Act 1900, signature forgery is a fraud offence and the penalties can be severe, including the possibility of a ten year jail sentence. Other laws may also apply if documents that the user knows to be false, either through a forged signature or other methods, are used for financial gain or some other advantage.

Section 253 of the Crimes Act states that a person is guilty of the offence of forgery who creates a false document with the intention of using it, or of another person using it, to induce a person to accept it as genuine and thereby obtain a benefit from it, or influence the exercise of a public duty.

Perhaps this is one of the "additional charges" that ASIC / AFP were going to add to Melissa's list of charges ??

wouldn't matter would have run concurrently
As far as sentencing goes yes....but at the last hearing they said they were going to lay additional charges... I was surmising this could have been one of them.... that was my point...

And on Melissa's death we will most likely never hear what those additional charges were..

IMO it would be difficult to forge a signature even if you had it in front of you. Mine was forged once.

IMO MC could have been forging signatures for years.

fun forgery facts: to essay a proper forgery, the process if you have to freehand it, as opposed to tracing or similar, is to treat it like drafting a drawing. Never simply try to sign ‘James Jennings’; this won’t do. You are copying ‘the appearance of’ each individual stroke.

(Source: research after someone once signed a check pretending to be me, for a cash advance against a line of credit, for a line of credit I never opened, and cashed it at my local Chase Bank.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado