Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just going to jump in here.
In my state, my married name was NOT legal, until I changed it on my SS card and my DL.
the Marriage license did not mean diddly in regards to last name.
But that is my state.
I do not know how it is in other states.
That’s interesting. I imagine that can cause problems for a lot of people if they aren’t fully informed.

I've also read -- no link -- that you can call yourself anything you want as long as you have no intent to defraud or something like that.

Thanks so for reading here! Grace K. Grimaldi :cool:

jmho ymmv lrr

That was true for me when I changed my (maiden) name, unrelated to getting married. I had to meet with a magistrate to explain my reason for the name change and then run a classified ad for a certain period of time in one of two newspapers of record, then show up at the courthouse with proof I’d done both. It was a bit involved but not impossible.

I'll be shortening this up a bit!

Monday, March 8th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 3:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 52) arrested & charged (6/9/20) & arraigned (8/21/20) with 2 felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence & concealing remains. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
*Charged
(7/1/20) & arraigned (8/21/20) with 2 felony counts of conspiracy to commit concealment, destruction or alteration of evidence. Plead not guilty. Bond stays at $1M.
Trial set to begin 7/12/21 thru 8/6/21 all @ 9am.
Court info from 6/10/20 thru 1/8/21 reference post #1027 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

1/20/21 Update: Next for Daybell: Motion to Compel on 2/17/21 @ 9am. And for both for Motion to Dismiss & Motion to Change of Venue on 3/22/21 @ 9am.
2/12/21: Prior's response to Means' Motion re Fremont County visits, he has had no problems: Declaration of Counsel for Chad Daybell in Response to Motions. 2/17/21 Update: Dayvell waives right to be present. Motion to Compel (Means motion): Means & Prior argue that they still have not received everything (discovery) from the State, including anything about their meeting with Summer Shiflet or Zulema Pastenes (plus Colby & the Woodcocks; a total of 27 people on list). The say they never would’ve known about what was said without the recording. Woods tried to argue that convos with witnesses “are not statements” so that they don’t need to be turned over to the Defense. Tried to argue it is attorney work product. Judge Boyce disagreed & granted the defense's motion. Next motions hearing on 3/22/21.
2/23/21: Defense: Motion for remote testimony & motion to compel. Hearing set for 3/10/21. For 3/10 motions hearing: Prosecution's motion. To compel CD's attorney JP to give what was requested of him back on 12/9/20. This was supplemental discovery request. J. Prior said there were none on 12/21/20. R. Wood filed an (amended) motion to compel on 2/25/21 saying he wants the name of the witness & their documents or the evidence/testimony should be excluded at the change of venue hearing on 3/22/21.
3/1/21: Both: Motion to allow virtual appearance of expert witness (David Bryant) Ironwood Insights. Notice of service re: disclosure of witnesses & exhibits for Motion to Transfer trial.
3/2/21: for Both: DA Wood filed Motion in Limine regarding excluding the Defendant's witness Andrea Tracy Schall from testifying at the hearing on defendant's Motion to Change Venue about the results of her "survey". DA wood filed Motion in Limine regarding excluding the defendant's witness, Columbo Investigations/Joe Adriany from testifying at the hearing on the defendant's Motion to change venue about the results of his "survey". DA Wood filed Motion to compel for Vallow to comply with the State's specific request for discovery & provide any reports prepared by defendant's expert witness Ironwood no later than 3/12/21. The Court heard (2/17/21) argument on the defendant's 1/8/21 Motion to compel & having considered the motion & objection orders as follows: Motion to compel is granted in part & denied in part. The Special Prosecutor will state whether he personally met with the following 24 witnesses or prospective witnesses. See link for names:
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Order 030221.pdf
The request for sanctions is denied.

Only for *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 47) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii) on 2/20/20 & charged (6/30/20) & arraigned (9/20/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Bond was set at $5M & reduced to $1M. Fremont County
Trial set to begin on 7/12/21 thru 8/6/21 all @ 9am.
Court info from 3/5/20 thru 2/10/21 reference post #1027 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

2/12/21: State's response to Defendant's Declared Motion for Order directing attorney client privilege communications. Wood does not object to Mean's request for in-person meeting, he objected to the request for the jail security video to be turned off during those meetings. Motion to compel hearing on 2/17/21. 2/16/21: Expert Witness Disclosure Re: Ironwood Insights (Jury Consultant/Expert) filed by Means.
2/17/21 Update: Vallow waives right to be present. Motion to Compel (Vallow Motion): Means & Prior argue that they still have not received everything (discovery) from the State, including anything about their meeting with Summer Shiflet or Zulema Pastenes (plus Colby & the Woodcocks; a total of 27 people on list). The say they never would’ve known about what was said without the recording. Woods tried to argue that convos with witnesses “are not statements” so that they don’t need to be turned over to the Defense. Tried to argue it is attorney work product. Judge Boyce disagreed & granted the defense's motion. Motion re Attorney/Client privilege on jail visits. Means requests Judge to allow him to meet Vallow in the attorney/client room & video cameras turned off & defense will provide Vallow with a cell where she only has access to attorney’s phone # so calls are not recorded by jail. DA does not object to attorney/client room, but does object to security video cameras turned off. DA objects to cell phone. Prison/jail have policies so Judge doesn’t want to interfere with their policies, but will make a specific request to allow Means to use attorney/client room. Means should make plans with jail to have room available when visiting. Video is for security reasons, not making an judgement on that. Request for cell phone is denied. Beyond jail policy. Next pretrial conference hearing on 6/2/21. Motion to dismiss hearing on 3/22/21.
3/1/21: Both: Motion to allow virtual appearance of expert witness (David Bryant) Ironwood Insights. Notice of service re: disclosure of witnesses & exhibits for Motion to Transfer trial. 3/1/21: Vallow: Supplemental expert witness disclosure re Ironwood.
3/2/21: for Both: DA Wood filed Motion in Limine regarding excluding the Defendant's witness Andrea Tracy Schall from testifying at the hearing on defendant's Motion to Change Venue about the results of her "survey". DA wood filed Motion in Limine regarding excluding the defendant's witness, Columbo Investigations/Joe Adriany from testifying at the hearing on the defendant's Motion to change venue about the results of his "survey". DA Wood filed Motion to compel for Vallow to comply with the State's specific request for discovery & provide any reports prepared by defendant's exper witness Ironwood no later than 3/12/21. The Court heard (2/17/21) argument on the defendant's 1/8/21 Motion to compel & having considered the motion & objection orders as follows: Motion to compel is granted in part & denied in part. The Special Prosecutor will state whether he personally met with the following 24 witnesses or prospective witnesses. See link for names:
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Order 030221.pdf

The request for sanctions is denied. Motion to compel hearing on 3/8/21.
Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 (thru 9/3/21 @ 9am).

So MM has asked the state (specific request for discovery) for a list of names of "authorities" and "jailers", in relation to this statement by Keith Morrison -

"Despite the criminal allegations against Lori, Keith says he's heard from authorities that she "remains convinced she's on the right path." He shares, "the stories that we have heard from her jailers are that she's reading Chad's books, she's writing him letters, she's dancing in her cell. She still seems to be caught up in the belief that she is going to be swept out of all this and taken up to heaven sometime in the next little while."

So MM has asked the state (specific request for discovery) for a list of names of "authorities" and "jailers", in relation to this statement by Keith Morrison -

"Despite the criminal allegations against Lori, Keith says he's heard from authorities that she "remains convinced she's on the right path." He shares, "the stories that we have heard from her jailers are that she's reading Chad's books, she's writing him letters, she's dancing in her cell. She still seems to be caught up in the belief that she is going to be swept out of all this and taken up to heaven sometime in the next little while."

Ugh...A tad broad I'd say

Heather Daybell (HD) , Chad's brother's wife, has been subpoenaed by MM for the motion to change venue hearing. (this in relation to her email)

see this in our timeline regarding such -

12 Aug 2020 – HD, CD’s s-i-l, sent a 4 page letter via email to her church community Henry’s Fork Stake, which refers to amongst other things religious teachings and deception. This is reported by court TV on their youtube channel on 18 Aug 2020.

Last edited:
As regards today's 2 motions in limine by the state, the state has filed its brief in support, citing precedent for excluding the defense (survey) lay-witnesses:

JP has objected to the motion in limine, saying the state quoted the wrong rule of law:

MM has now provided the long overdue report of Ironwood Insights (report not included at link) :

Even after months of virtual hearings in Courts across the country it still appears the Justice system is still really lagging behind on the ins and outs of using platforms like Zoom. The Hearing began over half an hour ago, but a few minutes ago we heard one of the female clerks saying she was trying to contact their “IT guy” because they needed help LOL. And now we wait...

The YT says that court is currently in a break out session....what does that mean?

Even after months of virtual hearings in Courts across the country it still appears the Justice system is still really lagging behind on the ins and outs of using platforms like Zoom. The Hearing began over half an hour ago, but a few minutes ago we heard one of the female clerks saying she was trying to contact their “IT guy” because they needed help LOL. And now we wait...

Fine by me. Made it out of work on time to tune in to the hearing after all. :p

Court vacates hearing for today and for 3/22.

April 7th is a new court date to discuss the matters that were supposed to be discussed today.

so that was a real quick one from what the public could see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member