Found Deceased PA - Nicole Ebaugh, 29, missing from park, Springfield Twp, 6 Mar 2021

Search ends for missing York County woman with no success

Springfield Township, York County — The search continues for a missing York County woman last seen on Saturday. Over 100 volunteers are leading the charge to locate 29-year-old Nicole Ebaugh.

“We want to bring closure to the family in some shape, form or fashion, the best we can,” said Kurtis Timmer, Chief of the South-Central PA Search and Rescue Team.

Over the past two days, 150 volunteers took to the ground with dogs scouring every inch of a half mile radius around Glatfelter Station. To this point, no sign of Ebaugh. Today, Pennsylvania State Police brought horses and helicopters to aid in the search.

But, the substantial part of the search happened on foot. The South-Central Pennsylvania Search and Rescue team organized the efforts. Battling hilly, rugged terrain, searchers say ending the day without a sign of the missing person is devastating.

At this point, PSP are being tight-lipped about the investigation into Ebaugh’s disappearance. The New Freedom woman came up to this area on Saturday morning before her family reported her missing around 7:45 Saturday night. State police say that they have no reason to believe her disappearance is suspicious.

Searchers spent almost eight hours today combing every nook and cranny in this area which includes hills, marsh and open fields. At this point, it’s unknown if searching will continue tomorrow.

Is there any evidence whatsoever that she was actually IN the park? She could have been meeting someone in the parking lot and from there we don't know.
From my link above: BBM

State Police are releasing photos of Nicole Ebaugh from New Freedom who was last seen along the Heritage Rail Trail between 10:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. on Saturday. Her car was found in the parking lot after she was reported missing by family on Saturday night.

Where could she be? Those bike/rail trails are out and back sort of paths. There aren't normally many places to stray from the path, unless going out at a different station.

The tunnels are kind of scary (been through a few on other similar trails) and often require a flashlight. Still, they are a straight line through. However, I do remember there being a route over the top of the one we hiked through on the Cumberland Trail. It would have taken longer than walking through the tunnel. Is that the case here I wonder? I saw tunnels along the trail not far from where she left her car.

Also, how deep is the water that the trail follows? Snow melt could have caused it to be deeper.

As for the ping of her cellphone in the parking lot-did she leave it behind in her car perhaps?
It was reported yesterday in a news report that her car was found in the parking lot with her phone inside. Maybe WGAL reporting???

There is more to this story, things that PSP have not disclosed. I hope they do say more before folks get too freaked out about nefarious things happening to people on the trail. It is surprisingly very safe and usually busy, even in winter. The urgency for locating her is partly to prevent the public from finding her first. If that makes sense. This is such a sad situation, my hope is that she is found safe and alive.

It was reported yesterday in a news report that her car was found in the parking lot with her phone inside. Maybe WGAL reporting???
I didn't see that except in a comment under one of the media's FB page. So I couldn't use it as a source. Perhaps if you can find the link for it that would help verify it. tia

Is there any evidence whatsoever that she was actually IN the park? She could have been meeting someone in the parking lot and from there we don't know.
My thoughts, too. But her phone, her phone. That's a bit odd, IMO.

Interesting that they have stopped searching -- for now at least -- and they "are being tight-lipped about the investigation." (from the article that @zecats found for us -- post #42, above -- and thanks to zecats for it). It is a bit of a puzzler to me, too. Maybe they're just taking a break??
So we wait, hoping that she is doing well.

Article updated Mar 9, 2021; 1:54 PM
Search ends for missing York County woman, but police continue to follow leads - pennlive.com
[...]

Police said she was last seen in the parking area between 10:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Saturday. She was reported missing to police at 7:45 p.m. Saturday, with no other official sightings.

Police found her yellow VW Beetle in the parking area near the trail after tracing her cell phone there. Police have not said if they found her cell phone.

“There is not a formal search planned for today,” said Trooper Kevin Kochka, spokesman for the Troop J, based in Avondale. “However our criminal investigators are continuing their investigation and are utilizing our agencies resources to help develop further information regarding Ebaugh’s whereabouts. As possible leads develop, future searches will be conducted.”

[...]

I didn't see that except in a comment under one of the media's FB page. So I couldn't use it as a source. Perhaps if you can find the link for it that would help verify it. tia

So sorry, I relooked and found that info posted by friend of her family in a private community facebook group. They had put out an update with additional information about her phone and a tattoo. As it's social media it doesn't qualify to link.

I have been reading this post for years and years, even before I signed up as a member and never have I had personal insight into a case. I finally do but am unable to actually share it. This is incredibly frustrating, mostly because I know how emotionally connected we (me) gets with these missing folks and how looking for every clue is obsessive sometimes.

In my personal opinion, I don't think there will be a happy outcome. I believe the search and rescue is being turned into a search and recovery.

As of Tuesday, they have been unable to locate her. Authorities decided to call off the search while investigators looked for clues that could shed light on her disappearance.

‘The initial investigation revealed that her disappearance was not suspicious/criminal in nature at this time,’ Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Kevin Kochka told the York Daily Record on Tuesday.

Desperate search for Pennsylvania woman, 29, who vanished near a hiking trail on Saturday | Daily Mail Online

BBM. So, I guess it's still possible that Nicole's disappearance is suspicious, there's just no evidence of that.

Desperate search for Pennsylvania woman, 29, who vanished near a hiking trail on Saturday | Daily Mail Online

What is going on here? They call off the search? The article I read said they have no reason to think foul play is involved. Did she go missing voluntarily? Even if there is no foul play or kidnapping, she could be injured somewhere on the trail. Wouldn't they still keep searching?
They will go out and search again if there are "new" developments?

Something is wrong here because I can't believe they would just give up after 2-3 days? Am I missing something?

What is going on here? They call off the search? The article I read said they have no reason to think foul play is involved. Did she go missing voluntarily? Even if there is no foul play or kidnapping, she could be injured somewhere on the trail. Wouldn't they still keep searching?
They will go out and search again if there are "new" developments?

Something is wrong here because I can't believe they would just give up after 2-3 days? Am I missing something?
That’s what I thought? Geez, stoping at 2 days?

Was she a runner or a hiker? Just worried because a little beetle is often driven by a young woman. They have eyelashes you can buy for the headlights, and flower stickers for the car.., not sure if that is the case here..The wrong person could have zeroed in on her from a road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back