GUILTY UK - Eleanor Easey, 3 months, died, Morton on the Hill, Norwich, 18 Dec 2019 *parents arrested*

Tortoise

Reaction score
Report of 15th September 2020 :

Little Eleanor Easey was rushed to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on December 18 after becoming unresponsive at her home in the village of Morton on the Hill, Norfolk Police said.

The three-month-old was later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where she died two days later.

Christopher Easey, 30, and Carly Easey, 35, were today charged with Eleanor's murder, police said.

Parents charged with murder after baby girl dies of severe head injury

A post-mortem found Eleanor died from a severe head injury, that she was malnourished and had a number of historic fractures.

Photos of the couple, from Terrington St Clement, Norfolk, show them celebrating their wedding day in 2018.
NINTCHDBPICT000608726236-1.jpg

Parents charged with murder of three-month-old girl who died of 'severe' head injury are pictured for first time

Carly Easey, 35, was revealed to be expecting when she appeared in court to face charges she killed her baby Eleanor.

The court heard how the expectant mum, who is currently on remand in prison, is due to give birth by caesarean section later this month.

Easey and her husband Christopher, 30, both denied murder at Norwich Crown Court.

They were remanded in custody by Judge Anthony Bate and will stand trial on March 8 next year.

Mum, 35, accused of murdering three-month-old daughter is nine months pregnant, court told

It does seem rather long, even taking into account the investigation needed to establish the right charges for both parents, and perhaps additional investigations into the health checks the baby would have had. If the injuries weren't picked up they may deny it was more than one event, so a number of experts were probably consulted.

It sounds like the couple are not currently together -

At Norwich Crown Court, Carly Easey, 35, of Old Roman Bank in Terrington St Clement, Norfolk, and Christopher Easey, 30, of Morton Hall Estate, Norwich, denied the charge.

Eleanor Easey: Mother and father deny murdering baby daughter

ETA - this article says different

The parents, who are both of Old Roman Bank in Terrington St Clements, were remanded in police custody and appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court via virtual link today.

Parents charged with murder of three-month-old baby girl | Metro News

The police statement says they were charged last December:

A man and woman have denied murdering their three-month-old baby daughter.

Christopher Easey, 30, and Carly Easey, 35, appeared at Norwich Crown Court this morning (Tuesday 13 October 2020) having previously been charged with murdering Eleanor Easey in December last year.

The couple also pleaded not guilty to further charges of causing/allowing the death of a vulnerable child and child cruelty.

Eleanor was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on 18 December last year after becoming unresponsive at her home in Morton on the Hill. She was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where she died on 20 December.

A post mortem examination established Eleanor died from a severe head injury. It also revealed she was malnourished and had numerous historic fractures and a case was launched by the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Unit.

Both Christopher and Carly Easey, of Old Roman Bank, Terrington St Clements, were remanded in custody and a provisional trial date has been set for 8 March 2021.

Parents deny murder of baby daughter

My first thought was could it be that little Eleanor had brittle bones?
Although I'm sure this would have been established by now!

Parents deny murder of baby daughter

Awful case!! I'm confused how can she be pregnant if they were charged in December 2019??
The word "previously" makes me think* that maybe they dropped the charges then reinstated them. Or maybe they got bail, but I can't think of other cases where people got bail on a murder charge.

having previously been charged with murdering Eleanor Easey in December last year.

RS&BBM

* I'm only thinking that after you pointed it out.

The word "previously" makes me think* that maybe they dropped the charges then reinstated them. Or maybe they got bail, but I can't think of other cases where people got bail on a murder charge.

RS&BBM

* I'm only thinking that after you pointed it out.

Thankyou, very confusing! You know what my next questions going to be lol! Why/how can they 'previously' be charged with this?

My apologies - still seems strange though but perhaps were waiting on experts?

Bumping this thread as I'm pretty sure the trial was due around now but can't find any info in MSM.

It does seem odd. Even if it was delayed you'd think there would be an update somewhere. But nothing. :confused:

I just did a search on their names looking for any court appearances since beginning of December 2020 and this is what came up (Norwich Crown Court https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-lists-results.php). So it doesn't confirm a next hearing date at the last hearing in February, even though back in December they mooted March being a fixture for trial.

DATE LOCATION COURT CASE N0. DEFENDANT/S
26-02-2021 Norwich 4 T20207194 Carly Easey Christopher Adam Martin Easey
Details:
Further Case Management - Case Started - 09:28
Further Case Management - Hearing finished for CHRISTOPHER ADAM MARTIN EASEY - 09:51
27-01-2021 Norwich 4 T20207194 Carly Easey Christopher Adam Martin Easey
Details:
For Pre-Trial Review - Case Started - 10:01
For Pre-Trial Review - Case to be listed for Further Mention/PAD on 26-Feb-2021 - 10:24
For Pre-Trial Review - Hearing finished for CHRISTOPHER ADAM MARTIN EASEY - 10:37
23-12-2020 Norwich 4 T20207194 Carly Easey Christopher Adam Martin Easey
Details:
For Application for Bail - Case Started - 10:26
For Application for Bail - Case to be listed for Further Mention/PAD on 21-Jan-2021 - 11:39

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back