UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this briefly, but this is inner city London, surely it wouldn't be quiet enough for someone to move her body without it being noticed?!
what time are we looking for on the cctv? The link brings you to a live feed, at least for me

So does the Forensics team leaving mean nothing significant has been found at Poynders Court? I'm just trying to follow what today's developments might mean as I live in these flats, sorry if it's a stupid question.

True, it doesn't mean nothing was found at all. It takes time to process evidence and draw conclusions and it takes time for the police to create a public statement for this.

Could this be a case of a hit and run/accident gone wrong? maybe police have received new dash cam footage which showed a car at that time that had mounted the curb...driver may have panicked, disposed of body...maybe the second ‘road closure’ nearby could be an address where the car is registered to?

It doesn’t explain why they would be inside the flats though....so maybe discounts the above theory atleast

My thoughts are, that the area that has been cordoned off and is subject to a systematic search as the result of telecoms data being returned that has provided the area where SE's mobile phone lost communication with the mobile phone tower that it was last connected to.

In such a highly populated area mobile phone masts will cover much smaller areas than in the countryside. Triangulation techniques together with signal strengths to the surrounding towers may have provided a more definitive area worthy of a detailed search.

I have also been wondering if she was hit by a car, either accidently or on purpose

Good thought, I wondered that myself.

But you have perhaps 30 flats from across the street that can see that curb and road area & the sound of a brief scream or a crash would have likely been noticed, at least that's what I concluded

That was me. But now IMO if the shock was fatal it would have made a lot of noise.

You can die from a tiny crash if you end up smacking your head on the road surface. The bigger problem is your usual person is going to be in shock having hit someone, but the person would have needed to make very rapid calculated decisions.

I think this is far more likely than her being hit by a car...at that time of night there's too many people around, cars, cameras. Someone would have seen or heard something. More likely she has been dragged into a car...or got in willingly at that location.

I agree, I think I posted something to this earlier, I don't believe it's an RTA, but coercion or willfully somewhere.

Multiple searches at the same time leads me to think they are working on something to close out the loop now

Car Accident Theory - I think highly unlikely in my opinion. This is a busy lit road. We have seen CCTV footage of others walking nearby around the time. There would be noise, panic, loading of a person into a car. Not enough time IMO.

You'd have to get lucky with traffic and people and very quickly determine she is beyond hope and decide you're going to take her very quickly. You'd need to do a lot of things VERY quickly in my opinion.

Not only this (which all valid IMO), but how would the end result be different if the driver had left her where they hit her vs take her away? Taking her away would imply they wanted it to be covered up entirely, so presumably they’d be gambling/anticipating that the actual collision hadn’t been caught by camera nor witness. If so, then leaving her there to be found but a mystery as to who hit her and ran would be no different, no? I can only see taking the body away as a second crime and (much much greater) risk on the initial collision which, to get away with the second crime, needs to have also been gotten away with!

Attachments

• 0_JS230192093.jpeg
    0_JS230192093.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 247
That thumbnail is of a drain, and a lot of the other pics are similar nooks and crannies where small items of interest could have ‘ended up’ if kicked unknowingly by pedestrians since last Weds. So still not conclusive of vehicular involvement IMO.

Zooming in on the drain, it looks like there could be a cigarette butt or similar size item poking through the top (close to the curb)

Wondering if LE have received a tip off or witness information. But still confused as to how something as significant as an incident involving a motor vehicle or a scooter on a pavement could not have been captured on CCTV on day one or two of the enquiry.

I agree, I think I posted something to this earlier, I don't believe it's an RTA, but coercion or willfully somewhere.

Multiple searches at the same time leads me to think they are working on something to close out the loop now

I agree, if this is the last spot on CCTV and the last place of phone signal, they have to work with the information they have. Again with the incoming rain as well, they have to search this area. This is probably why police are so desperate for any footage at all to suggest she ever made it past this location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288