UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to believe in a Hit or Run scenario because of the traffic at that time and pedestrians and Residents living in the area would have heard a smash and it's was 9.30pm in the evening to knock someone over then have the conceal the body and find a place to get rid of the body without anyone seeing highly unlikely in my opinion you probably have a better chance of getting away with that in the country side

I have a question for the techies: how long before dashcam footage is overwritten?

Ditto for whatever type of camera it is that some cyclists have on their helmets

Interesting this article states "She was last seen walking home alone on the South Circular Road and detectives fear she may have been abducted."

I haven't read that anywhere else have you guys? Thought the official line was still missing person.

Uber uses phone software to pinpoint drivers near where Sarah Everard vanished

Yes, I think it is the first time they have made that claim. Previously they have been saying it is still a missing persons enquiry. Hopefully the police will make a statement soon.

Turning off onto Clarence? But there must be something about the location the police were at today, Poynders Court?

I agree there may be something but it may just be as simple as that’s where her phone went dead so they are investigating that area - or they have something else on footage (another private cctv) that they are not sharing with the public perhaps

I assume no more phone ping, no bank card transactions, if she's still in the area what would the perps next move be? JMO

The more I think about a vehicle being involved, the less likely I think it is.

In either a random hit and run sort of scenario or an abduction scenario where she is dragged into a vehicle, the police probably have that car on camera somewhere. And then wouldn't they be publicizing the make and model of the car or even the license plate? It seems completely improbable to me that a car was involved in some capacity and wasn't caught on camera or seen by someone. If it was caught on camera or seen by someone, I think there would be public appeals to find that car.
If they suspect abduction which according to the above report they may do, they could be playing a clever game with the abductor and not putting out a general alert just yet. It sounds like they are treading very carefully with this thing. Little info has been released to the public so far and there must be a good operational reason for this.

The more I think about a vehicle being involved, the less likely I think it is.

In either a random hit and run sort of scenario or an abduction scenario where she is dragged into a vehicle, the police probably have that car on camera somewhere. And then wouldn't they be publicizing the make and model of the car or even the license plate? It seems completely improbable to me that a car was involved in some capacity and wasn't caught on camera or seen by someone. If it was caught on camera or seen by someone, I think there would be public appeals to find that car.
If they suspect abduction which according to the above report they may do, they could be playing a clever game with the abductor and not putting out a general alert just yet. It sounds like they are treading very carefully with this thing. Little info has been released to the public so far and there must be a good operational reason for this.

I have a question for the techies: how long before dashcam footage is overwritten?

Ditto for whatever type of camera it is that some cyclists have on their helmets

It would depend on the size of the memory card (SD card) and resolution etc. I would guess 4-10 hours but decent dashcams have a g-force meter that should save footage over a certain force.

Surely images of how she looked on the street in the dark in that clothing is more relevant than photos of her lit up in the day? Drivers and pedestrians would have seen the former and not the latter.
I would like to see ANY shot of SE walking that night to sharpen the image of what she looked like in a nighttime setting. One wonders if there is any footage of her from earlier on in the walk -
I.e. from when she left Leathewaite until she arrived at Poynders Road.

It's got to be something pretty major as it looks like they've close both roads (Poynders Road being the London south circular) and parked all over the street to do so. This aint a covert operation!
Could it be that they are already questioning someone and they went in of their own free will initially? I'm not familiar with how investigations work in that way I'm afraid so sorry if this sounds like I watch too much crime TV shows!
Yoy can never watch too many tv crime shows!

Not so. You follow where the evidence leads, not have lines of enquiry based on theories.

Coming up with theories and finding the evidence to exclude them can lead to fishing trips....i.e. retaining the evidence that fits a particular theory and rejecting the evidence that doesn't.

I mean the former detective in an article that was linked earlier stated that they'd be very open minded to all possibilities until they could find evidence which excluded it.

I get not going on fishing trips. I am sure the Police have/are looking into her life, we don't have the ability.

Last edited:
I agree. Unless she gets into a car of someone that she knows. JMO

The police have said nothing about her private life, and very little has come from family and friends. We do know she has a current (but maybe quite recent) boyfriend, but nothing before that

I do wonder if the Police have a lot more than they are letting on. Could it be that they do have CCTV evidence and are calling bluff until they can generate enough physical evidence to make an arrest. They continue to provide photos and reassurances that it's a missing person's case, but it feels that they are holding a lot of cards close to their chest, perhaps not to send a suspect into hiding.

I am still fixated on the phone call because I don't feel her phone would have ran out of battery - I live in a small town and when I go for walks and talk on the phone via headphones or just handset it is hard to have a conversation sometimes when it is windy or cars go past (even during lockdown). In the location she was last spotted It looked like the traffic would have been flowing. Why talk for 15 mins when she could have got home at 10pm and had a conversation in the quiet and comfort of her own place. It only would have been 1opm. But if you chat for 15mins why not 30/40mins especially know that SE was walking home. Just a thought JMO

maybe she wanted a chat to give her something to do on the journey and maybe it ended earlier as the boyfriend had little else to say or just needed to do something else

I would like to see ANY shot of SE walking that night to sharpen the image of what she looked like in a nighttime setting. One wonders if there is any footage of her from earlier on in the walk -
I.e. from when she left Leathewaite until she arrived at Poynders Road.

I would too, mainly to see whether her jacket looks reflective or light-colored in the street light or if it just appears dark. It looks like a nice Arc'teryx jacket and some of them are slighly reflective. This is often a safety measure for joggers/ runners

I mean the former detective in an article that was linked earlier stated that they'd be very open minded to all possibilities until they could find evidence which excluded it.

Absolutely, but that is different to having theories.

They retain an open mind but don't put forward theories as that can close the mind to other possibilities.

There is quite a subtle but nevertheless significant difference in thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member