UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can’t see how it would be a police officer on duty picking her up? For what reason? There must be a motive? Unless he has committed other offences and got away with it!
The only thing that makes sense to me is that they already knew each other (he potentially lived at the flats), they agreed to meet up and things went wrong

Sexual predator? Seems quite a well known motive in such cases? I doubt it was for jay-walking or dropping litter.

Maybe he picked her up on a whim but with bad intentions. If he's a sexual predator, and he's on patrol and sees a young woman alone and vulnerable, it could've been opportunistic. Maybe he intended to *just* (blech) sexually assault her but she fought back, or things went south, etc. Ugh.

It doesn’t bear thinking about

Your post gives me flashbacks to a post I think I remember about a Putney? police officer being surprised about the TfL cameras....And now I won't sleep.

Anyone else remember the post/poster?

Our posts crossed - but yes I was thinking that too! Snooping on what was being seen/found outside of official channels perhaps?!

I'm surprised there were no eye witnesses to help police yet, none that we know of anyway. A young woman stopping to talk to police in a car, and getting into a police car would be more memorable than any old car.

This assumes he was in a police car, but if he wasn't Sarah trusting him is less likely. MOO
I agree with you and this is how I see it, maybe now people will come forward because actually they spotted police car/van at that time (more likely other drivers)

You also have to consider that the woman also arrested at the same address (wife?) "assisted the offender". It's one thing to imagine he assaulted her, it's another to then accept that she was complicit in the crime!!

She may be arrested as an incentive for her to give up more information, or to expose other crimes he may have been involved with

I've been here for a bit, this sort of thing is new to me to this extent. I don't recall LE being involved in a case like this ( I could be wrong). I'm glad they are getting to the bottom of Sarah Everard's disappearance however this has got to be not only shocking to the Police Dept but now they HAVE to do this right to put faith back into the police. Very sad situation. IMO

There will be ANPR cams around too or indeed the same cams we've been viewing just don't have access to those features.

Yes, pretty sure ANPR cams are being extended to include the south circular as we speak, because of the extension of the congestion charge area later this year. Not a Londoner anymore, so happy to be corrected on that.

The CCTV which people have mentioned was greyed out / seemingly redacted in places... could it be the arrested police office who has deliberately tampered with it if it depicted him / SE? Speculation only...

Sarah Everard disappearance: Met officer arrested

I am not sure how you define evening but from the BBC:

Assistant Commissioner Nick Ephgrave said: "The arrest this evening is a serious and significant development. We will continue to work with all speed on this investigation but the fact that the arrested man is a serving Metropolitan Police officer is both shocking and deeply disturbing."

I think the forensic activity in the vicinity of the flats may have been as a result of the arrests and that took place some hours ago.

Such intensive forensic activity being publicised in advance of an arrest may have resulted in a suspect absconding.

Sorry but what kind of prank results in a young woman being abducted and presumably killed?
If the officer was simply helping a friend conceal a crime, don’t you think that the friend would have been arrested first and more prominently? I think it is fairly obvious that the officer is the perpetrator of the crime.
Who says the cop has confessed to anything. Evidence clearly points to him hence the arrest but there will possibly be more to unravel. Just over an hour ago everyone on here was surprised it was a PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla