TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXCLUSIVE: 'Someone has to know something' parents of missing Texas State student speak

I don’t know who you are, and I don’t really care. All I care about is my son, and we want to know what happened, and we want to know where he is and if you know that, you need to come forward. We set up an anonymous line. Don’t care about retribution or revenge. What I care about is my son. That’s all we want. We want our boy home,” says Landry. “Do the right thing. This has to have been laying on your heart, to be doing it from the inside, to know something. If you have known this piece of information, it’s got to be gnawing you from the inside, so I’m just asking you to let it out, make one phone call. Let us know where our boy is.”

*Call the anonymous tip line: 726-777-1359 if you have any information regarding Jason Landry.

(I took it upon myself to add some of the correct punctuation and capitalize some letters. That quote was a run-on sentence, and made it difficult to read. Geez, what happened to journalism integrity?)

Whoa.... That's HUGE!!!

And THANK YOU for the editing! Only thing worse than loooong run-on sentences are paragraphs that run on and on and on for pages. I find those incredibly hard to read and a lot of times just won't read them.

I'm thinking this has to do with Snapchat. In the Loudan interview KL said that he could see messages coming in on Jason's phone but couldn't open them as he didn't have the passcode. AFAIK nobody's stepped forward as the one that Jason was messaging that night. And the court warrants can take up to 22 months.

I believe it's the only part of the case that hasn't been thoroughly dissected - simply due to a lack of info. It would at least tell us more of his state of mind, but it likely wouldn't shed light on his whereabouts.

I agree. I've said for a while now that whatever happened, happened back at the intersection where he turned Waze off and Snapped, and then his digital footprint disappears...

EXCLUSIVE: 'Someone has to know something' parents of missing Texas State student speak

I don’t know who you are, and I don’t really care. All I care about is my son, and we want to know what happened, and we want to know where he is and if you know that, you need to come forward. We set up an anonymous line. Don’t care about retribution or revenge. What I care about is my son. That’s all we want. We want our boy home,” says Landry. “Do the right thing. This has to have been laying on your heart, to be doing it from the inside, to know something. If you have known this piece of information, it’s got to be gnawing you from the inside, so I’m just asking you to let it out, make one phone call. Let us know where our boy is.”

*Call the anonymous tip line: 726-777-1359 if you have any information regarding Jason Landry.

(I took it upon myself to add some of the correct punctuation and capitalize some letters. That quote was a run-on sentence, and made it difficult to read. Geez, what happened to journalism integrity?)

Just a word of warning about the new site. My first thought when I clicked on the link and saw it was a Fox news site was 'Ugh, not a Fox news site'. I've seen them change info around in the cases I'm following here (sometimes purposely, this time I think it's just not knowing the facts so wording things as they thought happened). Here's what I'm talking about with this particular article:

"His digital footprint left behind by his cell phone - stops at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia in Luling and starts again 67 minutes later where his car was found crashed."

That is not a true statement, his digital footprint didn't start again 67 minutes later, 67 minutes after it stopping is when the car was found as all of you know.

Just pointing that out because I'm not sure what else in that article, or other Fox articles, are true or embellished.

I do think it's pretty interesting that his father is going down this route. Wish I knew what he knows.

Just a word of warning about the new site. My first thought when I clicked on the link and saw it was a Fox news site was 'Ugh, not a Fox news site'. I've seen them change info around in the cases I'm following here (sometimes purposely, this time I think it's just not knowing the facts so wording things as they thought happened). Here's what I'm talking about with this particular article:

"His digital footprint left behind by his cell phone - stops at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia in Luling and starts again 67 minutes later where his car was found crashed."

That is not a true statement, his digital footprint didn't start again 67 minutes later, 67 minutes after it stopping is when the car was found as all of you know.

Just pointing that out because I'm not sure what else in that article, or other Fox articles, are true or embellished.

I do think it's pretty interesting that his father is going down this route. Wish I knew what he knows.
I noticed that too.
Very shabby.
But, as you say it is a departure for KL to take this route.
They could at least have attempted to get it right for him.

My opinion only, still thinking he had bad weed before he left that night or a mental break. I have a slight thought that instead of something happening at the intersection, it happen before he even left that night. Probably far fetched, but this person knows lulling. This driver is snap chatting and whoever he is communicating with helps dispose of Jason- within this almost an hour of no one knowing what Jason is doing. Ditch the car and go...cloths and everything is a farce. But why?? Honestly, this doesnt makes sense either. Ha! I have no idea. Crazy they haven't found him yet.

My opinion only, still thinking he had bad weed before he left that night or a mental break. I have a slight thought that instead of something happening at the intersection, it happen before he even left that night. Probably far fetched, but this person knows lulling. This driver is snap chatting and whoever he is communicating with helps dispose of Jason- within this almost an hour of no one knowing what Jason is doing. Ditch the car and go...cloths and everything is a farce. But why?? Honestly, this doesnt makes sense either. Ha! I have no idea. Crazy they haven't found him yet.

I've been saying for a while it started at the intersection but you're correct, it really started before that. What started at the intersection was just one step in the final moments to whatever happened. But yes, I think you are definitely correct, it all was starting to unravel before, then this trip to Luling where I believe he planned to go all along that evening, and Snapped with someone when he got there (which I believe was always the plan) and then *poof*. Gone. I think whatever he planned on happening did NOT go as planned for Jason. Maybe for the other person it did but not for Jason.

i think its just a distraction/deflection, the laying of the clothes on the road, i still think he didn't walk away from there but was taken away from there.

ALL MOO AND SPECULATIONS. NOT POSTING AS BEING A FACT. ALL ASSUMPTIONS

To Note; According to the article:
•Jason’s been missing for more than 80 days
•he was on his way home for Christmas from Texas State University
•His digital footprint left behind by his cell phone - stops at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia in Luling and starts again 67 minutes later where his car was found crashed.
•The car was towed. His father rushed to San Marcos and was actually the one to find clues that troopers had missed like his cell phone in the vehicle.
•“I got there at 5 am and I was the only person looking for him. I got his phone at 7 am, driving down a dirt road looking for my son and I could see clothes, driving down a dirt road to see something and I realized I could tell it was his clothes because of his socks, he wears funny socks,” says Landry. “They saw the clothes that night, they knew the clothes were there, they just didn’t pick them out, they didn’t think it was important, I guess. Maybe he was going to come back and get it,” says Landry.

•His digital footprint left behind by his cell phone - stops at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia in Luling and starts again 67 minutes later where his car was found crashed.
•The car was towed. His father rushed to San Marcos and was actually the one to find clues that troopers had missed like his cell phone in the vehicle.
•“I got there at 5 am and I was the only person looking for him. I got his phone at 7 am, driving down a dirt road looking for my son and I could see clothes, driving down a dirt road to see something and I realized I could tell it was his clothes because of his socks, he wears funny socks,” says Landry. “They saw the clothes that night, they knew the clothes were there, they just didn’t pick them out, they didn’t think it was important, I guess. Maybe he was going to come back and get it,” says Landry.

As I stated in my post above... Fox news doesn't always get the facts straight. I've noticed inaccurate facts in a few cases I'm following here and happens more than it should with them. It's important to note that because that's how misinformation gets spread.

Here is my post on that: TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

As I stated in my post above... Fox news doesn't always get the facts straight. I've noticed inaccurate facts in a few cases I'm following here and happens more than it should with them. It's important to note that because that's how misinformation gets spread.

Here is my post on that: TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Yes. And as I stated in the post “To Note; According to Article”

Respectfully, I feel the reader takes a chance with accuracy among reporting regarding any media outlet.

So in this article, the 67 minute time frame that his phone was untraceable started at the intersection, and ended at the scene of the crash. What happened at that intersection for his phone to lose service? Jason closes Waze, opens Snapchat, and after that, nothing, as if he turned his phone off. When he crossed over that intersection, did he lose service? Wouldn't he have had some spotty service, and not completely dead service, if it was just a cellular issue due to being on a backroad? Did Jason intentionally turn his phone off at that intersection, before crossing over? Why? Did something or someone frighten him, to make him turn his phone off quickly? What made him keep going down that road, after numerous stop signs gave him ample opportunity to turn back around, and not once try to use his phone to turn Waze back on and get back on track? Was he being chased? Why/how did his phone then turn on again, and catch a signal, 67 mins past the intersection, if it had fallen down under the seat in the accident? What (who?) switched his phone back on, on Salt Flat Rd., after it had been "dead" (switched off or no signal) since the intersection?

It's not "Fox News" (which is a national news agency) but a a local affiliate of Fox which got the story wrong. Here in Atlanta, I see local affiliate stations of all networks "enhancing" stories for more viewers.

Only questions: we know Jason was wearing that reddish Tshirt that evening. Was he STILL wearing it when he left that night?

Did he change for the drive? Winter. Cold. Did he dress for the temperature, stuffing his Tshirt, shorts, slide sandals (corrected from flip flops) into his backpack?

Did Jason meet up with someone via Snapchat and at that intersection?

Was there a hijacking or attempted hijacking at that intersection?

Is the oil field worker a solid time witness? Has he been substantiated? Perhaps he only drove a PORTION of that road and didn't see Jason's car not because it hadn't crashed yet but rather didn't see it because his route didn't pass that exact point. Which could mean the crash occurred within about 12 minutes from the point of the intersection.

Was Jason fleeing?

Did search dogs track Jason's movement or did they track his scent, as contained in his backpack?

Were his clothes strewn on the roadway because he undressed or because he (or someone) was digging through his backpack in search of something? Like his phone, for instance.

How close were his clothing and backpack to each other?

Was his movement from car to discarding backpack to shedding clothes? Where did the scent trail end? At his clothes? Elsewhere?

Socks??? Funny socks. Jason was wearing funny socks AND slide sandals....odd combo for WINTER. Or maybe not so odd.

However, socks, shorts, a Tshirt, summer shoes in a backpack wouldn't be odd.

Jason might've been fleeing real or imagined enemies, may have been grasping for his fallen phone, was going too fast, swerved, over-corrected and crashed. Then what? Stripped down 900 feet later?

Alternately, Jason having survived the crash with nary a scratch, could've changed OUT OF his summery outfit IN FAVOR OF a warmer one, previously packed for his Christmas stay, anticipating a long walk back to civilization.

If Jason had possession of his general faculties, he may have stayed with his car for while... waiting for help to come along. And when none was forthcoming, changed clothes and set off.

I wonder what the heat in the car was set at.

If Jason had warmer clothes and an earlier crash time, he could've walked for miles and miles. Directionally challenged, easily he may have turned off onto roads, becoming impossibly lost.

In the end, sadly, he may have succumbed to hypothermia, just not relative to his first pile of clothes. And nowhere near the crash site.

JMO

Last edited:
Socks??? Funny socks. Jason was wearing funny socks AND flip flops? Odd combo for WINTER.

It depends on the person. For me? Yeah, it would be extremely odd. However, I used to work with a guy that wore shorts year round, even when it was snowing. Never, ever saw him wear pants. He was also a socks and Birkenstocks kind of guy. So to some people that's not odd at all.

Also note I've never seen flip flops mentioned, only slide sandals which don't have that thingie that goes between the big toe and the next toe. You simply slide them on. Like the Birkenstock guy.

It's Texas - as I understand, fairly mild winters. It was fairly cold that night so I would have put on a sweater (so I wouldn't be cold in the walk from apartment to car), but not that highly unusual, I don't think.

It depends on the person. For me? Yeah, it would be extremely odd. However, I used to work with a guy that wore shorts year round, even when it was snowing. Never, ever saw him wear pants. He was also a socks and Birkenstocks kind of guy. So to some people that's not odd at all.

Also note I've never seen flip flops mentioned, only slide sandals which don't have that thingie that goes between the big toe and the next toe. You simply slide them on. Like the Birkenstock guy.

Solid points. Thanks too for correcting me on the shoes. I emended my post.

Possibly shorts and a Tshirt comprised most of Jason's wardrobe year round and he'd think nothing of driving a distance in the cold in shorts.

Still, I think it's worth at least considering that either he changed into warmer clothes before leaving or he changed after the crash...the later making even less sense now that I think about. You'd ADD layers fir warmth, not completely strip down and re-dress from naked.

So correcting myself.... still possible he was dressed more warmly, the clothing on the road was shed not from his body but his backpack, wasn't a result of hypothermia or head injury or a hallucinogen but was intentional, allowing him to walk much farther than anyone figured possible.

Leaving his phone and his fish behind, however, is the most perplexing of all.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member