UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I’ve just joined and was JUST about to write the same thing. I’ve lived here for the past 15years and It’s such a busy road and even at around 21:30 there are still plenty of cars and traffic around. I find it hard to believe a hit and run would have happened without leaving witnesses. Even a struggle or a scream would have surely been seen by someone on a local bus, from the flats and homes around the road or by traffic.

I’ve always felt so safe, often walking home from the station in the exact same route. I’m devastated for her loved ones and I really do hope she’s ok.

It’s so scary isn’t it? So many young women in South London (or really, everywhere) have been following this case because Sarah could have been any one of us.

She wasn’t someone who did dodgy things with dodgy people at dodgy hours. She was just a normal girl, chit chatting and trudging back home in gym clothes. I feel awful even using the past tense.

— One thing about this lockdown is that it’s made predatory men really brazen. Normal men have continued being normal, but something has gone SO wrong with the other ones. They sneer, they hiss, they stalk you now.

All my friends share locations and ETAs now because of it.

Even worse irl.

I spotted a brand new phone charger in the front garden that made me think of a garotte. And some broken pieces of bumper and wing mirror. Both reported to the police already. The charger cable in particular sent a chill down me.
Well i for one hope those arent anything to do with it. creepy af

No, could feasibly have been done after any ‘deed’. As long as the phone didn’t move from the location, or was used in anyway (both not likely during an attack if we presume one took place in the spot she was last known to be) then the phone would not have pinged another mast nor Clarence Ave mast again. Even if SE was abducted and her phone was dropped in the scuffle, it could have sat idle for up to 8 hrs without pinging again.

I really can’t see an iPhone lying on the pavement for 8 hours... that would have been ‘liberated’ and spirited off in minutes!

I guess it could be smashed in a struggle, but you’d a thought someone would have seen/heard... I kick off if one of my friends tries to take my phone away from me, let alone a random! And if the PO smashed the phone, I think SE would have guessed something not wasn’t right too?

the easiest answer is it turned off naturally the other end of the spectrum is someone destroyed it to stop it working

somewhere along that line is probably what happened, thats all i can really guess

Hi, I’ve just joined and was JUST about to write the same thing. I’ve lived here for the past 15years and It’s such a busy road and even at around 21:30 there are still plenty of cars and traffic around. I find it hard to believe a hit and run would have happened without leaving witnesses. Even a struggle or a scream would have surely been seen by someone on a local bus, from the flats and homes around the road or by traffic.

I’ve always felt so safe, often walking home from the station in the exact same route. I’m devastated for her loved ones and I really do hope she’s ok.

Is moved out before COVID so I have to bow to whatever anyone tells me about recent conditions.

OTOH I remember being out a few summers ago teaching my kid to drive at random daytime hours, on Streatham Place, Kings Avenue, Atkins (sp? Past the catholic girls school), Clarence, Round the common and back and sometimes even n the afternoon you would suddenly find yourself on Poynders Rd or Streatham Place and for a minute or three there would be silence and a long break in traffic.

I never thought too much but possibly because of the traffic lights at Brixton Hill and round Clapham Common.

So I can picture very limited chances to get away with something in the dark. I admit this is all about “least unlikely” scenarios because every possible scenario sounds crazy.

o_OMy face going over all the CCTV knowing the new revelation.. It’s 3am.. I need to sleep and stop overthinking everything.

I’m driving myself insane; and I don’t even know SE; my heart is breaking for her family and friends. I pray it’s not as sinister as it seems and she is safe somewhere!

Attachments

• ABE693EB-8794-4E71-971F-B4623A073CE1.jpeg
    ABE693EB-8794-4E71-971F-B4623A073CE1.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 211
I really can’t see an iPhone lying on the pavement for 8 hours... that would have been ‘liberated’ and spirited off in minutes!

I understand what you’re saying, but I’m presenting many ways that the phone could have pinged its final ping at 9:28/30pm without somebody needing to have “taken care of it” whilst SE allowed it to happen. It could have fallen down a drain in an abduction and quietly died of battery loss without ever pinging again. It could have been on SE’s person whilst she was attacked and regrettably subdued and then the perp could have tidied up loose ends like switching the phone off or smashing it. Or it could have fallen in a struggle and still be under some hedgerow waiting to be found. Or it could have been stolen and wiped in a separate crime leading to the interaction with the PO (less likely). Or it coincidentally died of battery loss anyway, and SE was attacked right after or later.

Basically, the outcome for the phone need not have been an immediate precursor to an attack, making an attack more fiddly. It could have been a byproduct of the attack that inadvertently aided the perp as it didn’t track their movements thereon, or was dealt with after an attack and SE was no longer a ‘threat/problem’ to the perp.

the easiest answer is it turned off naturally the other end of the spectrum is someone destroyed it to stop it working

somewhere along that line is probably what happened, thats all i can really guess

Or used a Faraday bag, which would block out all signals and which police officers are likely to have easier access to as they are often used when seizing mobile phones/tablets for evidential purposes. Just a thought.

I hope her family have answers soon. It must be hell to wait.

It’s just so wrong that things like this can happen to make innocent young women vanish and nobody saw anythingbto immediately raise the alarm.

Or used a Faraday bag, which would block out all signals and which police officers are likely to have easier access to. Just a thought.

iv never seen one outside of our lab but its possible, i am not from the UK so i have no idea if the police over there have these as everyday carry

but its an interesting idea

Preface: I work as an unsworn officer for Police in Australia.
Regarding the Twitter conversation and potentially getting the phone number. There are lots of different databases in use to identify people. A simple search of the email account attached to the Twitter handle, may have produced the user name, address and accompanying phone number.
It would not necessarily have been a difficult search and most likely no need to contact Twitter to gather the information required.

Basically, the outcome for the phone need not have been an immediate precursor to an attack, making an attack more fiddly. It could have been a byproduct of the attack that inadvertently aided the perp as it didn’t track their movements thereon, or was dealt with after an attack and SE was no longer a ‘threat/problem’ to the perp.

I totally get what your saying, that the fate of the phone may not actually have anything to do with that happened, but I guess in my original post, I was just trying to hope that this wasn’t some kind of terrible, heinous, crime and may have just been some smaller incident, that went, very, very wrong and escalated from there!

thinking logically here, how would a Police officer automatically have access to someone's Twitter account. They aren't merged companies, nor is there a massive database that the police have total access to. As far as I am aware, it does NOT work that way.

Exactly. That's why it's freaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member