UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. It’s small micro detail only he knows - when he walked into her home, bar tales, POis when questioned he could recall detail - it’s gone with him unfortunately

Im not sure Im understanding clearly what you say can you explain again please.
bar tales?

Can anyone, @Angleterre with knowledge of tracking, clarify if the dogs traced C''s scent to a specific spot on a river (there are three) would that be a fresh scent trail? Could it be from days ago, or weeks ago? How long does a scent trail last, and does rain wash it away?

Can anyone, @Angleterre with knowledge of tracking, clarify if the dogs traced C''s scent to a specific spot on a river (there are three) would that be a fresh scent trail? Could it be from days ago, or weeks ago? How long does a scent trail last, and does rain wash it away?
Are you implying she went to and fro
to a boat on the river?
And what specific spots are these ?

police eliminated hall

to a boat on the river?

to a boat on the river?
She walked that way, presumably, every day to work while her car was in the garage, but would she walk to the river? I cant find any reference to where that specific spot was. Just the FB post saying the dogs highlighted it, and the commanding officer ignored the lead. So a theory as good or bad as any other, her scent would maybe be on that rout from walking. The question would be how did the scent then divert from the road and down to which ever of the three rivers it went to?

police eliminated hall

She walked that way, presumably, every day to work while her car was in the garage, but would she walk to the river? I cant find any reference to where that specific spot was. Just the FB post saying the dogs highlighted it, and the commanding officer ignored the lead. So a theory as good or bad as any other, her scent would maybe be on that rout from walking. The question would be how did the scent then divert from the road and down to which ever of the three rivers it went to?

A scent trace to the river may not mean she personally was at the waters edge.. perhaps the scent trace was from the rucksack and whoever recovered it left the area by way of river.

A scent trace to the river may not mean she personally was at the waters edge.. perhaps the scent trace was from the rucksack and whoever recovered it left the area by way of river.
I find the rucksack story very hard to believe. Whoever made her disappear had the rucksack because it had their trace DNA on it.

I do hope you are right it would be a major error if not.
I'm trying to find where I found it. I've come late to this, I mean CL story. So I've done a lot of reading over the past week because I'm ill and I cant do housework. cough. 2 women a week die at the hands of a partner or former partner in the UK. That does not include "honour" murders. Statistically, a woman is more at risk from violence in her own home via family and loved ones than strangers outside the home.

I do hope you are right it would be a major error if not.
The biggest error was waiting six or was it nine years to search the alley behind her house. The second one was not immediately searching the place the dogs signalled. The third was not doing and intensive forensic examination of her home. The fourth might be alley man. In 2009, if he wanted to carry out something nefarious, he could have come into the alley via the pub, where as we know, the CCTV is switched off, rather than parade himself to the Limes camera.

to a boat on the river?
The biggest error was waiting six or was it nine years to search the alley behind her house. The second one was not immediately searching the place the dogs signalled. The third was not doing and intensive forensic examination of her home. The fourth might be alley man. In 2009, if he wanted to carry out something nefarious, he could have come into the alley via the pub, where as we know, the CCTV is switched off, rather than parade himself to the Limes camera.
but he did parade himself in front of the camera

I you read the Halliwell article the white van can be traced to a backstreet in Heworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151