UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'

I'm sorry but this is utter balls. Can we stop with the huge unfounded leaps in conclusions about this poor lady's character. The lockdown rules are completely unrelated and do not in any way point to her being a risk taker, or more likely to be leading a 'shady' lifestyle. Please stop victim blaming!

I am a single female who lives alone, and I am currently studying from home so it gets lonely. During lockdown I have on occasion bent the rules a little and seen friends- for the sake of my own sanity. Does this mean I lead a risky lifestyle or am hiding any number of other questionable secrets?? Does this make me more likely to 'break the law' in other capacities, or be a victim of unspeakable crime because I am such a rebellious and secretive being?? Certainly not!!

Also, if I had a partner I certainly would not have spent the last year not seeing them in person just because they didn't live at the same address. I am an otherwise law abiding and conscientious person. I have been in relative isolation for much of the last few months (as have many, I appreciate) and me choosing to visit a couple of friends on the very, very rare occasion has not meant I have been flouting lockdown rules left, right and centre. Far, far from it, in fact.

IMO it isn't reasonable to expect humans to be physically separated from their partner for that amount of time, not to mention that with bubbles etc. it may be perfectly legal anyway. But even if that's not the case, it's none of our business and not our place to judge someone based on this. And certainly not to insinuate it has any implication whatsoever on what happened to Sarah on that night.

given progress in the case why is this even a discussion at this stage ?

I doubt an RTA too. It’s 9.30pm, he’s likely to have just finished work and be heading home so very unlikely to be drunk (and all the pubs are closed). As a police officer working in London he’d be a decent and experienced driver; if someone stepped or fell into the road, it wouldn’t be his fault. He’d know that hiding a body would end much worse for him than just calling 999.
I don't think this would be his route home though?

I can't stop thinking about her parents and other loved ones. You have a child and love and nurture them to adulthood then something like this happens. Even if this was a case of an accident and then the perpetrator panicked and hid the evidence, there is absolutely no way a decent human would put a family through a week of torture and not knowing. I hope this person is co-operating with the police now so there can be some sense of closure for SE's family no matter how awful that is going to be.

Hi, new to the thread but been watching this case with concern for Sarah. Live quite near and have seen the missing posters and developments online. Very worried for her and developments today look extremely sad.

An RTA scenario other than a hit-and-run doesn’t seem credible at all in this location. It will have foot and road traffic at all hours of the day and night. 9.30pm in lockdown will still be busy enough, I can’t see that it would be quiet enough to allow time to cover up a serious road accident and the aftermath.

A disused paintball place would be an ideal spot to hide something. Large wooded area, no one visiting, could be ages before anyone stumbled on a body by chance especially if it was concealed in some way
I get you, but my post more to identifying the suspect :)

Also leaning to no, unless she’d previously been a victim of a crime and he’d investigated it.

If that is the case do you have any theories on how they ended up in the car together?

It seems incredibly random for someone to be forced into a car on a busyish street. Would he have been using with intent to abduct a woman?

That's very worrying if so

Beware of spelling errors in names, those of you trying to “sleuth” SM (not allowed anyway). The reports of a name in the press haven’t come from the police. So there could be some considerable mis-communication going on if relying on neighbours evidence.

Paintball site at Great Chart, Ashford

It is thought the woodland being searched is near Betteshanger Park while a separate search is taking place near Ashford, some 30 miles away from where the officer was arrested.

Officers are said to be scouring a paintball site at Great Chart.

LIVE: Police take car from house and scour woodland in search for Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member