UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone advise me on what I'm doing wrong in regards to uploading photos, it keeps saying the file is too large, is there a particular setting my phone should be on lol, I did manage a couple of pics yesterday, however I cannot upload anything today, any advice for a non tech person:)

Try cropping the picture slightly using the edit function on your phone - I just tried to upload a standard pic and it was fine. You could also open the picture and screenshot it then try uploading the screenshot, it might make the file smaller. If you have an iPhone, you can change the settings (if you google it its a quick and easy settings check box) to take pics in .jpg format instead of .heic as a lot of systems don’t support the format. See if any of that helps.

edited to add - you could always upload the pics to imgur (you don’t need to make an account to do that) and post the link if it’s a site problem here.

I find it interesting that most on twitter are taking the stance that Sarah was plucked from the street by a random individual despite taking all precautions. This has not been confirmed and is in fact statistically very unlikely. My view is that the victim was likely somehow known to the offender.

It is worth remembering that Met Officers in central London can rarely afford the living costs, and it is common practice to rent a place in the area for when they work, but then leave to a permanent residence away from London during time off. I am aware of multiple officers who do this.

If the arrested officer turns out to be the offender, then did he have a flat on Poynders road for this work purpose? If so, then victim/offender had potentially crossed paths previously given she would have walked this route multiple times. Phone records would help with that line of enquiry.

The A205 seems too busy and visible to abduct someone a stranger without being seen. On the other hand, if the victim was known to the offender then she could well have entered a property or a waiting vehicle with no concern that she was unsafe. I believe there must have been some form of prior contact/relationship between the two.

The outpouring stories from women regarding their own experiences walking home is truly scary, and we need to do more to make women feel safe when walking out and about. I do however think, that many are jumping to a conclusion about this being a stranger abduction when this has not been confirmed. The statistics suggest the theory to be highly unlikely.

Can I ask a couple of questions.

@4NSIC your post was really excellent but also depressing when it came to the frequency and quality of the psychological testing for firearms officers. How easy would it be to ascertain the best answers and fake them? I'm guessing quite easy if he managed to get that job and remain in it.

Are they just forms to fill in or face to face with a psychologist? Sadly I'm guessing from your post that it's the former.

More generally - I was under the impression that all LE had to provide DNA samples to preclude them from crime scenes. Wouldn't these also flag up as matches when the database is searched with DNA taken from any seemingly unrelated crime scene?

If yes any previous public defency or sexual offences may not have been investigated for DNA, or been reported or he didn't leave any.

I'm confused by his wife's arrest. Would a spouse just lying about his whereabouts be an arrestable offence? Isn't there some protection / expectation that spouses might lie?

Last edited:
They don’t need much to arrest her. It could simply have been her lying about his movements on the night in question after being told to by her husband. Many possibilities that don’t include her knowing what happened etc

There was a case here on WS where the female partner aided in the burning and disposing of the body (under cement). Hope someone remembers the case: the murderer took his own life, just before the arrest.

I don't think he is talking, if he had admitted anything there would be charges by now?
I think the police must have linked him another way, not just by the cctv. My theory is that the bus cam footage emerged Tuesday (showing an interaction on Poynders road) hence the forensics etc quickly arriving there. If WC was already being watched then something else must have linked him and the cam footage was the final part needed for the arrests ?
I keep thinking back to the common. WC had some time unaccounted for after work so I definitely think it possible he could have seen Sarah there on her way home . The police have seemed very interested in the common too.
JMO

I Looked at this yesterday, There appears to be none in the flats of interest, but several close by.

I know a lot in the London area say his commute is doable, but his role in the police is probably long shifts 12 hours?, on call etc. He drove back after a relief shift so that would make sense. Would he commute after every shift? A few said trains are probably not going to line up too much with his work pattern

I'm still of the opinion of flat share or something similar.

There was coordinated searches of multiple properties on the same day.

Could someone advise me on what I'm doing wrong in regards to uploading photos, it keeps saying the file is too large, is there a particular setting my phone should be on lol, I did manage a couple of pics yesterday, however I cannot upload anything today, any advice for a non tech person:)

Try screenshotting the picture from your camera roll and attaching the screenshot instead. That is how it always works for me.

I find it interesting that most on twitter are taking the stance that Sarah was plucked from the street by a random individual despite taking all precautions. This has not been confirmed and is in fact statistically very unlikely. My view is that the victim was likely somehow known to the offender.

It is worth remembering that Met Officers in central London can rarely afford the living costs, and it is common practice to rent a place in the area for when they work, but then leave to a permanent residence away from London during time off. I am aware of multiple officers who do this.

If the arrested officer turns out to be the offender, then did he have a flat on Poynders road for this work purpose? If so, then victim/offender had potentially crossed paths previously given she would have walked this route multiple times. Phone records would help with that line of enquiry.

The A205 seems too busy and visible to abduct someone a stranger without being seen. On the other hand, if the victim was known to the offender then she could well have entered a property or a waiting vehicle with no concern that she was unsafe. I believe there must have been some form of prior contact/relationship between the two.

The outpouring stories from women regarding their own experiences walking home is truly scary, and we need to do more to make women feel safe when walking out and about. I do however think, that many are jumping to a conclusion about this being a stranger abduction when this has not been confirmed. The statistics suggest the theory to be highly unlikely.
Doubt it, rental is still very high priced in London, just as much as a mortgage. I think someone said Poynders Court were being rented for £925, that's a lot on top of a mortgage for a lower ranked PO. Maybe CD could afford it but not WC.

According to the GOV.UK website the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Offices are situated in Milton Keynes as well as in London.

I’ve submitted this information to the Leah Croucher tipline ( they may already be investigating a connection... but does no harm!)
This interesting, Thank you. I did wonder about Leah yesterday.

From MSM

“Police swooped over something they saw on CCTV on a London bus that passed Sarah as she walked towards Brixton, according to the Daily Telegraph.

One source told MailOnline: ‘If they identified his car from the bus, they will have been able to see him driving all the way home on London and Highways England’s network of cameras. If she was in the car, they will have footage of him with her’.

It was reported that neighbours noticed a Land Rover parked close to policeman Wayne Couzens' house in the historic town of Deal, and thought it was being watched by two men inside at around 5pm on Tuesday evening.”

The family have told the press she didn't know him though.

My theories so far about what happened are:
This is WC first kill, but he likely has a history of sexual assault and violence, and I suspect LE will find some disturbing *advertiser censored* on his devices. The reason I think it's a first offence is that he's done a really sloppy job and been arrested within a week. I think he has fantasised about it for some time, and on that night, something snapped.
I truly think SE was just completely random choice and if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Perhaps he noticed her because she was a young, attractive woman.
I think he lured her in in an abuse of his power. I think possibly he flashed his warrant card, told her she was being followed, and offered to give her a lift home as LE.
I think LE suspected WC early on, as there can't be that many cars around in that area in that short time frame. The fact that he was LE and also did not alert them that he was in the area of a huge crime must have raised red flags.
I think around Poynders Court, where she got in, he probably destroyed her phone there and then. I think that's why there was such forensic interest in the area. I suspect he threw it down a drain, which was why they were all studying the drains there. Or there was another personal item of SE's around (earphones etc).
Given that he's LE, I think they may have found some of his DNA, which LE would have on file, on SE's phone or whatever they retrieved from Poynders Court. This then led LE to arrest him on suspicion of kidnapping later that day, when they got the results in.
I then believe LE tracked his phone to the areas where the remains were found. I do not think that WC is being compliant, because he still has not been charged with murder, and the remains were discovered late yesterday.
I think all the forensics around his properties, garage etc, is just standard protocol for a prime murder suspect. They've got to comb through anything he has to get as much evidence as possible to ensure a conviction.

EDIT: ALL IMO, JMO

From MSM

“Police swooped over something they saw on CCTV on a London bus that passed Sarah as she walked towards Brixton, according to the Daily Telegraph.

One source told MailOnline: ‘If they identified his car from the bus, they will have been able to see him driving all the way home on London and Highways England’s network of cameras. If she was in the car, they will have footage of him with her’.

It was reported that neighbours noticed a Land Rover parked close to policeman Wayne Couzens' house in the historic town of Deal, and thought it was being watched by two men inside at around 5pm on Tuesday evening.”
Doubt it, rental is still very high priced in London, just as much as a mortgage. I think someone said Poynders Court were being rented for £925, that's a lot on top of a mortgage for a lower ranked PO. Maybe CD could afford it but not WC.
His wife may earn a decent wage though

In regards to keeping Sarah compliant during the long drive, I wonder if she was unconscious or restrained in some way. WC is much larger than Sarah and a blow to the head could easily have rendered her unconscious. I’m also wondering if his wife had access to chemicals that could have subdued her through her job as a lab tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44